Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug reports for Meneth's Sub-mod Compilation (MSC)

Meneth's Avatar I mod, therefore I am

Default Re: Bug reports for Meneth's Sub-mod Compilation (MSC)

Make sure the SS folder isn't set to read-only.
    Make sure everything is installed in the correct place.
    Make sure SS6.3 isn't in Program Files.
    Make sure you haven't installed the Fixes on top of the Compilation (the Fixes are included)

Make sure the SS folder isn't set to read-only.
    Umm, yeah about that the box is not checked as read only, but the box isnt empty either, its coloured. And I cant UNcolour it even with administrator rights. Been trying to find what does that mean then .
    Make sure everything is installed in the correct place.
    I got no idea where are things supposed to be, but everything is under Medieval II/Mods/SS6.3 there is one weird thing in the folder and its an empty folder called packs.
    Make sure SS6.3 isn't in Program Files.
    Yapp, its not. Path is D:\games\medieval II\mods\ss6.3
    Make sure you haven't installed the Fixes on top of the Compilation (the Fixes are included)
    Yes they are not installed over eachother.
    Last edited by Da Grunt Orc; December 28, 2010 at 02:09 AM. Reason: More info

Sounds like everything is in order, then.
    I'm not sure why it's not working for you, sorry :/

Oh well, ill keep on looking for a cure.
    Thanks for your help anyways.

*edit
    Right, cure found and the reason was not your sub mod. So rest easy my friend and sorry for the false alarm.
    The reason was the patchings up from vanilla it seems. More of the subject in 6.3 bug forums.
    Last edited by Da Grunt Orc; December 29, 2010 at 02:37 AM. Reason: Sub-mod Compilation not responsible for the problem :)

Permanent Arrows ain't going away even if you tick it out... Or so I think so... it's kinda annoying for English campaigns, as the rain of arrows makes my game lag....

Quote Originally Posted by Hyaweh View Post
    Permanent Arrows ain't going away even if you tick it out... Or so I think so... it's kinda annoying for English campaigns, as the rain of arrows makes my game lag....
    That option replaces one file making them non-permanent again so i think launching it via admin rights(the setup) will solve this if in any case it's not allowing you to replace that file.

Default I'm Getting CTDs at the end of battles.

• I'm getting CTDs at the end of battles, particularly long, large ones
    • This has been happening since the start. I'm well past 100 turns and am besieging a Genoese settlement...Massilia or something like that
    • I'm using this submod
    • Early Era 2TPY campaign
    "There must be a positive Passion for the public good, the public Interest, Honor, Power, and Glory, established in the Minds of the People, or there can be no Republican Government, nor any real Liberty. And this public Passion must be Superior to all private Passions. Men must be ready, they must pride themselves, and be happy to sacrifice their private Pleasures, Passions, and Interests, nay their private Friendships and dearest connections, when they Stand in Competition with the Rights of society." - John Adams

CTDs at the end of large battles is sadly a problem that has long plagued SS.
    There's two main ways of fighting it:
    Turning down the graphics
    Upgrading one's computer, especially the RAM and the GPU
    Since most can't do the second, the first is the easiest way
    Even then crashes will happen though, once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    That option replaces one file making them non-permanent again so i think launching it via admin rights(the setup) will solve this if in any case it's not allowing you to replace that file.
    err, i'm on XP... anyways, I've had this problem for a while, can't hurt to report it...

and it's descr_effect_impact, I can't seem to find it on the backup folder, nor anywhere else inside the MSC folder besides the permanent arrows folder
    Last edited by Hyaweh; January 02, 2011 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meneth View Post
    CTDs at the end of large battles is sadly a problem that has long plagued SS.
    There's two main ways of fighting it:
    Turning down the graphics
    Upgrading one's computer, especially the RAM and the GPU
    Since most can't do the second, the first is the easiest way
    Even then crashes will happen though, once in a while.
    What's actually making the crashes happen though? It's right when you press the "continue" button after a battle that it IMMEDIATELY happens...if it were a graphics problem I would expect the game to crash mid-battle, which has actually happened a few times. I even waited a good minute or so after the battle ended to click the continue button as I could just "feel" it was going to crash. I don't understand why if I go into SS right now and do that battle again it wouldn't crash...I know it wouldn't, because the first battle never seems to crash.

As you can see at the end of the script, the game had finished processing things for a whole minute...then right when I clicked the continue button it immediately crashed and for no reason...there must be some specific reason why it's doing this, is what I'm suggesting. I've a good computer and even so I do turn down the graphics in battles, and throughout the last one I fought the whole combat went smoothly and without any stutters or errors...it's just hard to accept that it's an uncomprehensible graphics / processing error rather than some mutated script that enters some infinite loop and sputters to a CTD halt.
    "There must be a positive Passion for the public good, the public Interest, Honor, Power, and Glory, established in the Minds of the People, or there can be no Republican Government, nor any real Liberty. And this public Passion must be Superior to all private Passions. Men must be ready, they must pride themselves, and be happy to sacrifice their private Pleasures, Passions, and Interests, nay their private Friendships and dearest connections, when they Stand in Competition with the Rights of society." - John Adams

The theory is that it happens due to the game dumping large amounts of memory at once (both RAM and VRAM), which overloads the RAM and/or GPU.

I could use your help down here Meneth
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=414279
    (In case you didnt see already)

Quote Originally Posted by Meneth View Post
    The theory is that it happens due to the game dumping large amounts of memory at once (both RAM and VRAM), which overloads the RAM and/or GPU.
    Is there any patch-fix solution to it at the moment, or something that I can edit within my system?

Other than turning down the graphics, no.

Default Faster turn time and SS-setup bug

Hello everyone,

I've just installed FTT 3.1 as explained in the forum. UAC is disabled, and it was a new MTW2 installation with SS 6.3.

The problem is that FTT makes SS_setup buggin....when i launch it first i have a message error (cant read it cause there are some chinese character), then i see the panel where you can choose the sub mods....and there isnt FTT in it.

I've already installed the fixes to SS6.3, the path installation of FTT is in MTW2/mods. Also tried to install it with compatibility mod win xp sp3 (i use windows 7 64).

Does anyone ever heard of this bug ? I've searched the forum and saw nothing.

Thank you for your time.

PS: Or maybe someone can send me the 'installed files' of FTT ? So i just have to copy them in the submod directory.
    Last edited by Elpoupon; January 04, 2011 at 09:19 AM.

Default Re: Faster turn time and SS-setup bug

FTT is redundant with the latest fixes. Don't use / install it together with fixes 4.x.

No, its the same problem when i install it without fixes. I think the best solution is to get the "already installed" files of FTT....but i cant find them anywhere.

Could someone send them to me please ? It might be something like 300 - 400ko.

Thanks a lot.

Found the problem....FTT just doesnt work with MC compilation patch....bummer

Quote Originally Posted by Elpoupon View Post
    Same is true for the Sub-mod Compilation, FTT is redundant there as well as the fixes are included in MSC.

Topics merged.

Quote Originally Posted by Elpoupon View Post
    All features of FTT are included in the Fixes, and therefore MSC, anyway.