Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Interactive FCRC Preview-AAR]Fall of the Cross - Rise of the Crescent

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

Default Re: [Interactive FCRC Preview-AAR]Fall of the Cross - Rise of the Crescent

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    Damn, looks like that Salah Ad Din needs still more special AI survival bonus.

I would add special traits to Richard and Salah Ad Din, incl. eventually special bg's in edu (more men, slight better stats). Imo. such a historical campaign where Salah Ad Din (or Richard) dies too easily is a bit odd.
    Gotta say that I got a bit lucky, but I agree with you. Will add a special "Biography" trait to both of them increasing their HP when they're not controlled by the player. Also gives me the oppertunity to wrtie a bit about their backgrounds. Like EB.

Default Re: [Interactive FCRC Preview-AAR]Fall of the Cross - Rise of the Crescent

Please continue with this.

Today

Aye Aye captian. I will be ready to decide how England takes the next step. By the way when is this new campaign for CTW going to be Released.

At the end of this weekend or mid-next week. Could be longer than that, because I'm very willing to put all the stuff everyone mentioned by everyone here in it, so it'll take a few days more . Don't worry, it won't be a year.

Update
    By the nine divines (), these things take a long time to make.
    1191-1194: War in the Holy Land

After the defeat at Arsuf, Richard and the remainder of his men retreated to Acre. With the danger of the Saracen force nearby, reinforcements were sent from Tripoli and the surrounding area, including the Archbishop of Canterbury. Messengers were also sent to all the fortresses and towns to prepare all men for a 2nd attack the next year.

intro text
    Winter came without a Saracen attack, and the leaders of the Crusade took the opportunity to start recruiting a new army. Meanwhile, in England, a few new churches were made and Anjou was fortified.

A year passed without any incidents, although the lords of Bretagne became rebellious towards Plantagenet rule. Also, Cyprus revolted and created its own state; the occupying forces were driven out.
    In the winter of 1192, Richard marched with his new army to Jerusalem, not meeting any resistance on the way.

However, in the spring of 1193, a small group of poorly led Saracen reinforcements came from Damas. Jerusalem's Saracen garrison took the opportunity and marched out to help their brethren.
    Battle of Jerusalem
    Battle of Jerusalem <-------- Click

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The Saracen reinforcements, who proved to be nothing more than militia, were driven off by Welsh and Genoese (cross)bowmen. At the same time, a group of Templars charged into a mass of Saracen infantry which had come from Jerusalem.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The band of infantry quickly routed, and as panic spread among the Saracen ranks, more English knights came charging in, routing the entire enemy force. Jerusalem was open for the taking.

And so Jerusalem was taken, its Saracen population driven out. Burgundy rebelled against the French king, and Venetian forces marched along the Adriatic coast, conquering parts of Bosnia and Croatia. In England, infrastructure was further improved.

Now, good parliament of the English Crown, we have the following choices:
    In Europe:
    1. Continue fortification of England
    2. own input; what would you like to see? Conquer Scotland/Ireland? Start preparations for an invasion of France? You tell me

In the Holy Land:
    A. Create an English Kingdom of Jerusalem and try to conquer the rest of Egypt
    B. Start Negotiating; give them Jerusalem and Acre; they give us lots of money and permission to leave. This will grand us an experience army of ex-Crusaders ready for deployment in Europe.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

My choice would be:

Negotiating with the Saracens, so that Jerusalem is given back for a peace treaty, while Acre and Tripoli is kept as crusader states. Richard would go back to europe with some knights to getting through enemy land (Rum-Seljuks etc.).
    Then focusing on a defence in the Holy land (not conquering) with Acre and Tripoli. In europe, looking for Scotland and Ireland, and else keeping the borders of the Angevine empire (surely, hostilities will arise anyway with France).

P.S. I see, Antiochia felt suddenly to the Armenians, were they allied or not? (I would give them positive diplo stats from the start).
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Antiochia still needs fixing, as it hasn't got enough starting units to have a high public order, making it riot to Armenia
    One of the small details I am still working out.

Holy Land- Give Egypt Acre and Jeruselam to make peace. (But return in a Decade or two and recalim it)

Europe - Fortify England and then assult Scottish cities.
    Last edited by Spartan262; November 07, 2010 at 11:36 AM.

Holy Land- Give Egypt Cre and Jeruselam to make peace. (But return in a Decade or to and recalim it)

Europe - Fortify England and then assult Scottish cities.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Holy land: defeat some more armies and maybe conquer one more (bad defended) city to secure your victory and than neogatiate with Egypt and give tham this city back together with Jerusalem for a peace treaty (you can also give one city to the Egyptians and other to the Turks - divide and rule). If you have fleet available reconquere Cyprus, if not let it be. Let the Acre and Tripoly be the crusader states and eventualy give one of them or both to the France and/or HRE. Then return with Richard and all the knights which are not necessary in holyland through the Asia Minor to Europe.

Europe: continue with the defensive/groving strategy until the King returns. Try to reconquere the Bretagne if its possible and you have enough forces in europe.

Offcourse everything depends on your treasury. I suggest to spent more money first on securing the Holy land and diplomacy (because the king is there)
    Last edited by demagogos nicator; November 07, 2010 at 07:15 AM.

=====================
    Announcement
    =====================
    FCRC has been delayed for indefinite time. This is to allow me to create a functioning Teutonic/Baltic Crusader faction. Also, FCRC will come with its own modfolder and will function as a "semi-official" new release submod-ish mod. You won't need the other versions of Chivalry to play it; instead, FCRC will be Chivalry's "High Era" campaign.
    =====================

Anyone wishing to help with beta testing, feel free to send a message to me.

I say try to keep Jerusalem, but retreat when you have to. Don't sacrifice your king and army for a single group of cities.

Also, I would say don't fortify England a whole lot. Go for a little bit. You'll need money in the Holy Land. Also, if you want to attack France, go ahead. If they have cities rebelling, then they can't focus all of their forces on you. But I would suggest taking Scotland and Ireland with your faction heir or someone like that.

Now, good parliament of the English Crown, we have the following choices:
    In Europe:
    1. Continue fortification of England
    2. own input; what would you like to see? Conquer Scotland/Ireland? Start preparations for an invasion of France? You tell me
    Start fortifying England and prepare to attack France.

In the Holy Land:
    A. Create an English Kingdom of Jerusalem and try to conquer the rest of Egypt
    B. Start Negotiating; give them Jerusalem and Acre; they give us lots of money and permission to leave. This will grand us an experience army of ex-Crusaders ready for deployment in Europe.
    Negotiate and bring the ex-crusaders back to attack France

Good luck with the submod...I'll certainly be playing

Thanks. This AAR will be continued, btw, don't worry everyone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12