Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Last Kingdom - CAMPAIGN mini PREVIEW

Lord Condormanius's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: The Last Kingdom - CAMPAIGN mini PREVIEW (new content!)

Quote Originally Posted by MagUidir View Post
    whoa! simmer down gents!
    Relax. Nobody is getting out of control here. This post just looks like you're trying to add drama.

why rush perfection?
    Nobody is rushing anything.
    "There is a difference between what is wrong and what is evil. Evil is committed when clarity is taken away from what is clearly wrong, allowing wrong to be seen as less wrong, excusable, right, or an obligatory commandment of the Lord God Almighty.

Evil is bad sold as good, wrong sold as right, injustice sold as justice. Like the coat of a virus, a thin veil of right can disguise enormous wrong and confer an ability to infect others."
    -John G. Hartung

MagUidir's Avatar Biarchus
    a little bit every where. from Tennessee but now Live in California.

lol um if anything im trying to get ppl to realize what danova has said already (5times). An you sir can meet me at the Hazel Rods! lol

I have a small question- there will be separated king's battle model in this mod?

IrishBlood's Avatar GIVE THEM BLIZZARDS!

yes i think so, there are general models unique to each culture anyway

TaronQuinn's Avatar Semisalis

This is a work of art. It's astounding everything that you have changed in the game...building pics, map models (-Agart's cities) and unit cards....makes it so much more enjoyable and makes you feel a part of the world.

But it also makes me worry about when this comes out: will I have enough time to get all the daily stuff done when I'm not stuck at my PC playing this mod! haha

TQ

PS - The idea of being able to play the Great Conflicts and then this one gives me new found appreciation and interest in the early Medieval period....if only I could combine the two when they come out into one giant 2000x1000 pixel map! Damn you CA for the limits you place upon us!!

Quote Originally Posted by MagUidir View Post
    lol um if anything im trying to get ppl to realize what danova has said already (5times). An you sir can meet me at the Hazel Rods! lol
    When you run into a thread and tell people to "simmer down" unnecessarily, you are only creating drama. There is no need for it. It is just as easy to make your point without trying to control the emotions...again, completely unnecessarily...of the participants of the discussion. Just for future reference, telling people to calm down or "simmer down" when they are already having a clam discussion is a good way to ensure that the rest of what you say is swept aside and paid absolutely no attention to. Everyone here is fine. Nobody needs you to tell anyone how to behave.

Furthermore, if Danova has said something 5 times in such a short thread, you can bet that we've already seen it.
    "There is a difference between what is wrong and what is evil. Evil is committed when clarity is taken away from what is clearly wrong, allowing wrong to be seen as less wrong, excusable, right, or an obligatory commandment of the Lord God Almighty.

Evil is bad sold as good, wrong sold as right, injustice sold as justice. Like the coat of a virus, a thin veil of right can disguise enormous wrong and confer an ability to infect others."
    -John G. Hartung

dmcraanen's Avatar Semisalis

Shhh you're waking up the sheep!

danova's Avatar Protector Domesticus

MagUidir, Lord Condormanius!
    Sssss! Please let me keep the order! I'm the host here...

Quote Originally Posted by danova View Post
    MagUidir, Lord Condormanius!
    Sssss! Please let me keep the order! I'm the host here...
    I don't feel that I've done anything wrong, but if you think my comment was out of line, I apologize. I just don't appreciate being told to "simmer down" by someone who just happened to stumble into the conversation and feels like playing boss. xxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx

...but like you've said, it's your thread, so you do whatever you want.
    Last edited by danova; November 03, 2010 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Sorry, moderated! Personal and counterproductive :)

-John G. Hartung

danova's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Condormanius View Post
    I just don't appreciate being told to "simmer down" by someone who just happened to stumble into the conversation and feels like playing boss. xxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx
    Thanks mate.
    I understand your feelings, but this is what i wanted to avoid ...!
    Last edited by danova; November 03, 2010 at 05:07 PM.

What a joke. There was no personal remark anywhere in my post.

-John G. Hartung

The is a tone behind your writing which even i picked up as quite negative.Different people interpret one thing in opposite ways, take that into account before replying to others and the world will be a better place
    A simple arrow can slay any man, no matter how great.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Of The Bow View Post
    The is a tone behind your writing which even i picked up as quite negative.Different people interpret one thing in opposite ways, take that into account before replying to others and the world will be a better place
    The "tone" you speak of is in your imagination. Oh, well...can't please everyone. If I wanted your advice, I would have asked you.

-John G. Hartung

dmcraanen's Avatar Semisalis

he "tone" you speak of is in your imagination. Oh, well...can't please everyone. If I wanted your advice, I would have asked you.
    that's what he meant you could also have been nice and say ''thanks for pointing it out'' even though you didn't really think that, or at least try to understand he's trying to clarify stuff.

Anyway, lets stay on topic. If people want flamewars I suggest posting some racist comment on youtube, that should get some discussion started!

Quote Originally Posted by dmcraanen View Post
    that's what he meant you could also have been nice and say ''thanks for pointing it out'' even though you didn't really think that, or at least try to understand he's trying to clarify stuff.

Anyway, lets stay on topic. If people want flamewars I suggest posting some racist comment on youtube, that should get some discussion started!
    can't help but agree + rep sir !
    A simple arrow can slay any man, no matter how great.

Quote Originally Posted by dmcraanen View Post
    I know what he meant. Perhaps I wasn't clear about what I meant. What I meant was that I am not here to please you people and I am not very concerned with what you think about me or whatever tone you imagine that my posts have. Was that clear enough? I hope so. I really don't want to continue down this line. If everyone had stayed on topic to begin with, this would not even be an issue. Hopefully, Danova will come in and edit out all of this nonsense that has taken place after post #57. That is, if he wants this thread to be back on track.

-John G. Hartung

oh for goodness sake! will ye all just cop yerselfs on and have some comon sense! who cares what anyone said at this point! and i dont care about what ANY OF YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!

the purpose of this thread is for Danova to give us previews of the mod, it has no other purpose!

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

Quote Originally Posted by IrishBlood View Post
    the purpose of this thread is for Danova to give us previews of the mod, it has no other purpose!
    Also to say that Danova and team are friggin awesome

MagUidir's Avatar Biarchus
    a little bit every where. from Tennessee but now Live in California.

Quote Originally Posted by Makrell View Post
    Also to say that Danova and team are friggin awesome
    right on! i apologize by no means was i trying to start anything... honestly i was trying to get us back on subject. sorry if i offended you bro-sama but like Makrell said...this mod is goin to be tha !

agreeed!