Thread: CTD on siege End-Turn

Default CTD on siege End-Turn

Hey Guys...Now there is this City.I sieged it out and starved the barbarians in there...Now when I win that city they just kick me out of the game....I know I had been cheating..but I didn't expect this..!!!!!!!
    Please help this is a very hard earned campaign I started cheating after I got Marian Reforms....So you all kinda know that it's very hard(at-least for me) to expand...i am also attaching the saved game...just before I end-turn..So you just have to End-Turn...FoW is removed just for a screenshot forgot it to "redeploy"

And Yeah, I am using :
    >RTW-BI.exe,
    >M/M.
    >Every thing set on Low(my Rig can't handle it)
    >Unit Size:Huge
    >Desynchronized Animations:ON
    >Gloss Mapping:ON
    >Unit Shaders:ON(I know it doesn't matter)
    Last edited by MemphisRex; October 20, 2010 at 08:59 AM.
    Marcus Claudius Aurelius

Drowsy's Avatar Senator

Default Re: CTD on siege End-Turn

Happens, just fight/auto resolve the battle on your current turn, cancel the siege and re-siege if u have to or didn't que siege equipment.

Try this go to Preferences in the rome files of RS2 and change FOW to False I think. Then try again. I had a Game ENDING CTD no matter what I tried. Was told to turn off FOW. FOW was still there but the CTD was not...

Something similar happened to me once when I was playing as pergamon. I had been playing for a few hours by speeding up the movement of all my characters (using space bar or right-click whilst moving someone). As you know if you do it all the time theres a point that the characters will no longer move slowly for the rest of the game (if you quit and reload it'll be normal).

Any way, there were five generals insde the city I was laying waste to and I believe that the crash was that the game tried to make the animations of all the generals inside the city dying on the campaign map at the same time.

The thing I did was to reload the auto-save, and not speed any characters movement. Prob solved!

Hope this helps you

EDIT

The unit shaders do matter! Try playing a battle with a bastarnae unit with Unit Shaders off!
    Last edited by Dramatic Cat; October 20, 2010 at 07:57 PM. Reason: i forgot!
    "By what right does the wolf judge the lion?"

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by lolzillaXD!!! View Post
    The thing I did was to reload the auto-save, and not speed any characters movement. Prob solved!

Hope this helps you

EDIT

The unit shaders do matter! Try playing a battle with a bastarnae unit with Unit Shaders off!
    We do recommend that Autosave is turned off: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=387184

We also suggest that Unit Shaders be turned on: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=387992

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Quote Originally Posted by lolzillaXD!!! View Post
    I said about the "Unit Shaders" because it wasn't a problem on the battle map.It was rather on campaign map.(Where I think that,it is not really necessary)

And yeah I lifted the siege and have re-sieged it.Hope it works now.7 Turns remaining.

And also it has only 1 Family Member.
    So the "Don't-Speed-Up" thing won't wotk out.
    I think I had to try with the FoW off.
    But I'll let you know it the next time.

Also Autosave is off.(I didn't like it anyway)

Please keep this thread open until then......

-- double posts merged (Brusilov) - please use the EDIT button

ok...I lifted the siege.....Re sieged...Waited...And BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM...I got the city...!!!!!

Thread can be closed...........
    Last edited by Brusilov; October 24, 2010 at 05:51 PM.
    Marcus Claudius Aurelius

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Closed at OPs request

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here