Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pack File Manager Switcher

Default Pack File Manager Switcher

I've updated PFM for ETW and NTW. All tables are editable except one in NTW (unit_special_ability_types). The 3 models table are also non editable but I managed to edit patsch.pack\db\models_artilery_table for ETW. It seems that this one is deferent than models.pack\db\models_artilleries_table . Also ETW PFM has now the preview abilities for some type of files like txt, tga, dds, etc. If you don't want switcher, just use the files and copy from DBFileTypes\ETW or NTW the files in DBFileTypes\ according the game's pack you want to edit.

The Hedge Knight corrected/added many columns names including those of T.C. for NTW edition.

PFM Switcher

I've made this utility for my personal use and I thought it might be useful to others, especially modders, as well. If you are modding both db tables, ETW and NTW, you have to change often the file in PFM folder so you can open the packs you want without losing the file association. That is what this is about: change automatically the files by clicking on a shortcut.

Installation:

1. Download the attached PFM.zip file and unzip it.

2. Go in your current directory of PFM and delete all files and folder(s). If you have not PFM create a folder.

3. Copy all files and folder you unzipped in step 1in your empty PFM folder.

4. Go in DBFileTypes folder.In ETW and NTW folders there are Switch to ETW.exe and Switch to NTW.exe. Create a shortcut for each one of the exe's on your desktop or wherever it is convenient for you.

Now if you want to work with ETW PFM just double click on the Switch to ETW shortcut. The script will copy all files to main folder. When later you want to edit NTW files just click Switch to NTW shortcut.script will delete ETW PFM files and will copy NTW PFM.

IMPORTANT:

1. If for any reason you want to change the PFM main folder, go in registry and change the path to new location in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Applications\PackFileManager.exe\shell\open\command. In this way you wont have a problem with file association.

2. New users who want to associate packs: I suppose that you have made so far a new folder named e.g. PFM where you've placed the ETW and NTW folders. Execute first one of the 2 switchers, it does not matter which one. Now go in any pack file, right click and in opens with... click Change and point to PackFileManager.exe that there is in PFM folder.

CREDITS:

LtChambers
    Alpaca
    Erasmus777
    Vicar
    taw
    The Hedge Knight
    T.C.
    Last edited by husserlTW; November 13, 2010 at 04:03 AM.

Ducenarius
    Poland --> Upper Silesia region (pl=Górny Śląsk).

Icon5 Re: Pack File Manager Switcher

---Nevermind - i figured it out----
    Last edited by p.jakub88; October 18, 2010 at 02:33 PM.
    Remember of the Alamo!

Ordinarius

Default Re: Pack File Manager Switcher

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    1. Download the attached PFM_Switch.zip file and unzip it. Now you should have 2 folders, ETW and NTW.

attached? where?

I concur there is no download link.

Sorry guys, internet connection collapsed during upload and it was off all day. Now it seems o.k. so... back to business...

Port's Avatar Civis

unit_stats_naval doesn't open, last. And that that has been corrected DBEditor

Easy to be fixed... wait a little... and it is done! I uploaded updated files:

Last edited by husserlTW; October 19, 2010 at 05:18 AM.

Port's Avatar Civis

At me why that doesn't want, I will learn the reason.

My unit tables seems not to work...

Port's Avatar Civis

These files edited program DBEditor, they do not open now.

Quote Originally Posted by Port View Post
    At me why that doesn't want, I will learn the reason.
    Did you downloaded new files?

Quote Originally Posted by Peteriscoolz View Post
    My unit tables seems not to work...

Quote Originally Posted by Port View Post
    These files edited program DBEditor, they do not open now.
    PFM has nothing to do with DbEditor.

Port's Avatar Civis

I have noticed such law - after editing of any file db the editor, PFM it any more won't open.

Look closer at the picture Hussler,It is for DarthMod?

Sorry, but if it can open vanilla it can open any mod's table, isn't it? Unless if this mod pack have been edited by DbEditor which LT has made incompatible with PFM (in some tables).
    Last edited by husserlTW; October 20, 2010 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    Sorry, but if it can open vanilla it can open any mod's table, isn't it? Unless if this mod pack have been edited by DbEditor which LT has made incompatible with PFM (in some tables).
    Hmm.. that's a shame really Is there no way to "unpack" the files that were edited by LT Chambers DBeditor?

Yes, just export a vanilla table as a TSV using PFM. Open DbEditor and copy whole content of the same table in a spreadsheet. Having both sheets open compare them and add in the sheet with DbEditor's data the columns that are missing. They are True/False columns. So according if there is a value in next cell you should enter True or else False. When you finish delete from TSV all lines except 3 first with headers and copy there the content of the other spreadsheet. Now you have the TSV with data of DbEditor's table.

Open a vanilla pack and extract the same table on your desktop. Copy there the mods pack you like to change the table. Open mod pack, replace file and link in vanilla table you have extracted. Save the pack. Last import the TSV you made previously, save the pack and you are done.

UPDATE: New updated version.

Hi all !

I'm actually using the Pack File Manager in order to modify the stats of some units.

In Empire : Total War, I have no problem. I go to patch5.pack and "db", then I modify the stats in land stat units. All works great!

But in Napoleon : Total War, I tried to modify the same file in data.pack first, but the changes were not applied in game. So I tried with patch.pack, patch3.pack, patch4.pack... Now the game crashes after the loading screen "Napoleon : Total War + credits, blablabla...", even when I "erase" my changes.

So, which file do I have to modify in order to change unit's stats? Data.pack, patch.pack, patch3.pack, etc? I don't know! It worked great in Empire...

Thanks for your help in advance!

You have to make your own mod pack. It is not a good idea to edit vanilla packs because 1) toy'll have problems like now and 2) in every update you have to remake them.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast