Thread: House Rules 77bc.

Mont's Avatar Tiro
    Townsville(home of the power puff girls) Australia

Default House Rules 77bc.

House rules playing rome : no bridge/river battles, do not attack into Gaul till the mission,ie not till after 58BC.
    Do not reinforce units in Iberia from outside Iberia till end of Sertoriani mission 1. ie units in Narbo Martius can not enter spain.
    Do not reinforce units in Asia minor till start of mission 2.
    By reinforce meaning legionary units,other units can enter Spain and Asia minor, and units can be recruited in these areas.
    Do not attack north of Mediolanum east of Patavium till Hellvetii mission. ie do not move into the alps.
    Do not attack or move armies east of and including Sinope or south of Sagalassus till the Pontus mission. Sagalassus can be attacked and taken.
    Do not attack Rhodes or cities on the cilician coast south of Sagalassus till Pirate mission.
    Do not attack Spartacus or move next to till turn after he appears, this is to allow his other armies to appear next turn.
    Can not attack Breuci or Dacia till they attack you.
    can not attack Antioch or south into the Levant till Eastern mission.
    If attacked by Gaul (Averni) you can pursue into their lands but can not attack cities, and only land bordering roman lands.
    These House rules designed to make the script work properly and play game in the spirit I think it was designed to be played in.

These are my house rules, I use them now cause having 20/20 historical hindsight its possible ( having played 77bc before) to know whats around the corner. I think they add alittle historical realism to the mod playing Rome, kind of think of them as the Senates restrictions . At the start of the 3rd Mithradatic war Lucullus had to do with the legions he had at start, its easy for the player to load up these forces with units from Greece.
    I have made a minor change to the script so Rome is limited to 25000 treasury, then 40000 starting turn 24 before money penalties,
    Also the Breuci get 1000 not 100 money bonus as is in the script.
    Suggest players download that text file SH released to fix that Winter movement restriction trait as mentioned in the post "4tpy bug".
    Last edited by Mont; October 20, 2010 at 02:41 AM.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: House Rules 77bc.

Thank you mont for making this house rules, I like them and I think they can help a lot of players (including me) to have the best expierience of the game

Mont's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by demagogos nicator View Post
    Thank you mont for making this house rules, I like them and I think they can help a lot of players (including me) to have the best expierience of the game
    I made these house rules cause it is easy to pre-empt some missions, ie I could reinforce my units in Asia minor before the start of war with Pontus cause I new it would come, its a bit like cheating. You could also capture some objectives before the mission script started, kind of makes the missions a bit reduntant. I think they keep the historical feel of the mod without being to restrictive. The one about no bridge/river crossing battles is because the AI is not really good at conducting these sort of battles, so I dont end movement on a bridge/river crossing if possible( this is a old house rule used in other mods).

PS dont forget to download the text file SH made to fix the winter movement trait mentioned in post "4TPY bug in 77BC".
    And if I was to play Sertorius I would do the same for text SH made post on page 2 "77BC question".
    Last edited by Mont; October 18, 2010 at 01:24 PM.

Thanks a lot for publishing this, Mont.

Mont's Avatar Tiro

Thank you SH for the mod, its still my favourite.