Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Dagor Minuial ~ Dawn of the Fourth Age Campaigns ~ A magical adventure, full of magic and adventure!

Default Re: Dawn of the Fourth Age ~ Beta 06 RELEASED ~ A magical adventure, full of magic and adventure!

You should install it into "Sega/M2TW/Mods" folder, and overwrite all files. The directions in the first post have been corrected. After hundreds of downloads I am surprised no one has said anything before.

Also, if you used the dual install instructions prior to Beta 06's release, be sure to redownload THIS file and add desc_projectiles.txt to your data folder.
    Last edited by alreadyded; September 04, 2011 at 06:43 PM.

Default Re: Dawn of the Fourth Age ~ Beta 06 RELEASED ~ A magical adventure, full of magic and adventure!

Quick question: For the spiders and drakes, what will the faction leaders (family members and generals) and the family tree look like? O.o

I'm such an Installation n00b

Download PCP Beta 05, install into Sega/M2TW/Mods folder, and overwrite all files. Then download and install PATCH 1 and PATCH 2, in order. THEN go to data\models_strat\residences\faction_variants and delete the following folders; hungary, ireland, normans, norway, and russia. And then install PCP Beta 06. All done.
    I just installed the beta 05 into my Steammaps/MTWII/Mods folder.
    I see it created a new Third_Age Folder (My current Third Age folder is teutonic)
    Now should I have installed the beta into the Teutonic folder? because it didn't ask me to re-write anything. I'm wondering if just moving the files over would solve the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazything777 View Post
    Quick question: For the spiders and drakes, what will the faction leaders (family members and generals) and the family tree look like? O.o
    Like the Orc factions, they adopt new generals without needing to get married.

Quote Originally Posted by sportfriend View Post
    I'm such an Installation n00b

I just installed the beta 05 into my Steammaps/MTWII/Mods folder.
    I see it created a new Third_Age Folder (My current Third Age folder is teutonic)
    Now should I have installed the beta into the Teutonic folder? because it didn't ask me to re-write anything. I'm wondering if just moving the files over would solve the issue?
    Go ahead and delete the Third_Age folder you created inside. Extract each installer in order to your desktop and rename Third_Age folder to teutonic, and then copy, and paste, and overwrite. That should work, but I never tried it.
    Last edited by alreadyded; September 08, 2011 at 03:24 PM.

I just love your mod. I played it for an hour now and I have to say it's a wonderful mod. But a few questions.

-Is it normal that all units don't have a unit card yet coz you're still in the BETA versions and have all factions coz of this their MTW2 vanilla factions symbols?

And I got something strange when I tried your mod----> some strange silver moving light.

Sorry for my bad english...

Hi, just wondering why the Shire isn't part of Eriador (presumably guarded by Hobbit units) in the Third Age campaign. Also wondered if anyone's suggested having Saruman and his "ruffians" in the Shire at the start of the Fourth Age campaign: would be more accurate than wolves, and offer a pleasant change in Eriador where most neutral settlements are occupied by wolves.

Ok mod is working but there seems to be some issues...

Minor: I prefer the music in TATW 2.1

SECOND is a major annoyance...Elven units have Mordor voices!
    It's horrible to click on a unit of elves that yells OOOORCS!
    how can this be fixed? thanks!

So far from a few campaign starts, this mod is playing much better. Though the wolves still can crash my pc if i have settings to huge, even with the graphics set lowest. If i start one on large, the issue does not seem to cause problems.

A few minor hiccups though, why does dunlend always attack isengard within the first 15 turns?

I do not see a second fourth age campaign yet, is that supposed to still be missing? It is in your mod description.

I am having trouble seeing the benefit of warg riders over warg patriarchs, they cost about the same but the patriarchs have higher hp and higher attack, the defense is only slightly lower.

Also is isengard supposed to have no diplomats or spies?

If you need thumbnail images, I'd like to help if I can.
    "It is worth while for those who disdain all human things for money, and who suppose that there is no room either for great honor or virtue, except where wealth is found, to listen to his story."
    - Livy 3.26

Quote Originally Posted by Malinwa View Post
    I just love your mod. I played it for an hour now and I have to say it's a wonderful mod. But a few questions.

-Is it normal that all units don't have a unit card yet coz you're still in the BETA versions and have all factions coz of this their MTW2 vanilla factions symbols?

And I got something strange when I tried your mod----> some strange silver moving light.

Sorry for my bad english...
    Unit cards will be done when the unit textures are finished.

Where and when did this "strange silver moving light" happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza88 View Post
    Hi, just wondering why the Shire isn't part of Eriador (presumably guarded by Hobbit units) in the Third Age campaign. Also wondered if anyone's suggested having Saruman and his "ruffians" in the Shire at the start of the Fourth Age campaign: would be more accurate than wolves, and offer a pleasant change in Eriador where most neutral settlements are occupied by wolves.
    I will be switching wolves out for various rebels in Eriador. The gameplay for Eriador faction is set up so you have to build a kingdom and army. So you start out with very few regions and a small but elite army (Dunedain Rangers mostly). All beginning general bodyguards are Rangers as well. I will add Saruman and his "ruffians" in the Shire at the start of the Fourth Age campaign, good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by sportfriend View Post
    Ok mod is working but there seems to be some issues...

Minor: I prefer the music in TATW 2.1

SECOND is a major annoyance...Elven units have Mordor voices!
    It's horrible to click on a unit of elves that yells OOOORCS!
    how can this be fixed? thanks!
    All sounds and music will be fixed eventually, they are not a priority for me right now. Ngugi has offered to help though, so hopefully he can get it all sorted so I don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinatus View Post
    So far from a few campaign starts, this mod is playing much better. Though the wolves still can crash my pc if i have settings to huge, even with the graphics set lowest. If i start one on large, the issue does not seem to cause problems.

A few minor hiccups though, why does dunlend always attack isengard within the first 15 turns?

I do not see a second fourth age campaign yet, is that supposed to still be missing? It is in your mod description.

I am having trouble seeing the benefit of warg riders over warg patriarchs, they cost about the same but the patriarchs have higher hp and higher attack, the defense is only slightly lower.

Also is isengard supposed to have no diplomats or spies?

If you need thumbnail images, I'd like to help if I can.
    I haven't had any problems with the wolves, but I will check it out some more. There is a random CTD at battle start caused by G5's battle script for battles with enemy armies of 60% mounts or more. Not sure when this will get fixed.

I haven't seen Dunland attack Isengard once, but I will check it out.

The late campaigns will be released with 1.0.

The Warg Riders are incomplete right now, I am in the middle of making the mount and rider both attack separately. Hopefully it will work, then the two Warg units will be much different from each other.

Fixed Isengard not having spys, diplomats, and assassins. Will be in the next patch.

I will be needing unit cards once I finish the textures. The human unit skins are coming along nicely, I already made most of textures I need so I just need to apply them. I haven't started on the creature unit textures though.
    Last edited by alreadyded; September 13, 2011 at 06:23 PM.

Kashkarov's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Dawn of the Fourth Age ~ RELEASED ~ A magical adventure, full of magic and adventure!

At first; I would like to thank you, for still doing this hard job

but in order to improve the mod, a few things are still 'disturbing'....

Quote Originally Posted by Kashkarov View Post
    I think your mod is pretty good, all in all, but nevertheless I have a suggestion and a question/bug to report...
    First the suggestion, it's just about a little detail, would you think about adding the Dome of Stars (in Osgiliath) to the list of unique building, pictures you can find easily, and I think it's quite reallistc that it could be rebuild, and it's easy for you to add into the game, too.
    The other problem is, that while my Reunited Kingdom-campaign it occured, that I couldn't build "Culture-Conversion-Buildings" (Librarys, Schools, etc), furthermore if a city grows you can't build the next level of wall, so your cities can not develop.
    I tested Rohan and Dale too they couldn't upgrade their walls either, and couldn't build "Culture-Conversion-Buildings" (tombs, ...). The High-Elves and Dwarves worked fine (could upgade cities, and build artist/brewery).

Another thing is that Mordor does not get destroyed, when the Ring is destroyed, nor does it later in the game, amusingly the Ring gets found one turn after he has been destroyed, by an general of the OotMM ;-)

Last Point: maybe the Beorning-Faction gets destroyed too easily, but apart from that the mod works quite well
    -With the new Patch it's working better, so Mordor gets destroyed, but only if you use vh-settings in campaign...

-The other problems (no culture-buildings, no wall-upgrade, etc.) i already mentioned (previos post) are still NOT working as they should....

-Last remark; Fountainsguard can not be build by the RK

Greetings Kashkarov
    Truth is elusive to those who refuse to see it with both eyes wide.

Default Re: Dawn of the Fourth Age ~ RELEASED ~ A magical adventure, full of magic and adventure!

Quote Originally Posted by Kashkarov View Post
    At first; I would like to thank you, for still doing this hard job

but in order to improve the mod, a few things are still 'disturbing'....

-With the new Patch it's working better, so Mordor gets destroyed, but only if you use vh-settings in campaign...

-The other problems (no culture-buildings, no wall-upgrade, etc.) i already mentioned (previos post) are still NOT working as they should....

-Last remark; Fountainsguard can not be build by the RK

Greetings Kashkarov
    All of that should have been fixed already, maybe I forgot to include that file in Beta 06. I am always inebriated when I mod so it wouldn't surprise me. I will make sure those are fixed before I release a new patch in the next few days.

Quote Originally Posted by alreadyded View Post
    All of that should have been fixed already, maybe I forgot to include that file in Beta 06. I am always inebriated when I mod so it wouldn't surprise me. I will make sure those are fixed before I release a new patch in the next few days.
    i guess that's why you didn't get mad at me ,when after a week of confusion,, you found out that my files didn't work, cause i was drunk when i uploaded them hahah

goodnight to all...it all works out in the end!

ps..
    any thoughts on a definitive release date ?

I will release a patch for Beta 06 soon. Beta 07 will not be for a while since I have been expanding the map so that is still a big WIP. Here is a teaser pic;

Where the viewing box is located is roughly where the Orocarni Dwarves will be located (the last faction to be added). Rhun and the Variags will get more regions further East and lose some they have now so they are not so smushed together as well. The Creature factions might get shuffled some more as well, not sure yet. The Shattered Lands up North will get regions as well. Everything North of the Shattered Lands is under water which is great because it makes the map much more accessible by ships. Plus the river that comes from the Orocarni Mountains connects to the sea of Rhun and also to Almaren Lake (I think that is what is called) in the south. The river that runs through Harad and Khand will be made navigable as well, and connected to Lake Almaren. So now ships can sail to most places using the ocean and rivers, or at least near enough to them.

This is the map I used as reference: http://images.wikia.com/lotr/images/...ds_(color).jpg
    Last edited by alreadyded; September 18, 2011 at 05:50 AM.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Cool! You are the first that will bring an extended map of ME. I liked it!

Ciloron's Avatar Vicarius

WOWOWOWOWOW!

Tho I think my faction would look good on that map
    Here take a look at my banner:

Baron Samedi's Avatar Citizen

Looks very good mate! I am even tempted to try out your new beta-version (even though I probably don't have time for it due to modding ).
    Under the patronage of MasterBigAb

Can't wait for the next beta! This is so awesome!!!!

I was going to extend the map South a bit as well to include more Southern jungle, but someone would have to go through and increase all the Y coordinates for all the starting and scripted armies. Since it is very unlikely anyone would volunteer for such a task, this will probably be the final map for PCP.

I really love the idea of navigatable rivers, especially the one from the sea of Rhûn to the long lake. But isn't the sea in the north supposed to be frozen and inaccessible to ships?

Quote Originally Posted by Gharbad the Weak View Post
    But isn't the sea in the north supposed to be frozen and inaccessible to ships?
    It is more than just frozen, it is probably completely ruined with jagged rocks and ice. So yes, lore-wise anything North of Forodwaith should be inaccessible, but for the sake of gameplay I have made it navigable. The main point of all this navigable water is to open up the map more, and give the player and AI more choices.
    Last edited by alreadyded; September 18, 2011 at 02:37 PM.