Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Dagor Minuial ~ Dawn of the Fourth Age Campaigns ~ A magical adventure, full of magic and adventure!

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: Dawn of the Fourth Age ~ A magical adventure, full of magic and adventure!

Quote Originally Posted by alreadyded View Post
    It is pretty much done except for some human and creature skins that need to be redone. It is still in the Beta stage though seeing as I am testing and editing it all by my lonesome in my spare time.
    Com'on al' advertise?! You always mentions your 'lone wolf' work as its sad, then recruit someone whos work you like the easy the burden?

[And nope, I'm no good at what I assume you need so its no personal attempt haha]

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Default Re: Dawn of the Fourth Age ~ A magical adventure, full of magic and adventure!

I gave up on finding help a long time ago. I mention that I am working on it alone often so that people know only one person is working on it and not an entire mod team. Obviously with only one person working on it (in his spare time) it will take a lot longer and you will not expect as much and therefore will not be disappointed . Hopefully I will start getting some feedback and help once I release a new Beta, but as I said, I got distracted. I will probably release it sometime this week, so we will see how things unfold. Due to its EPIC-NESS it takes awhile to get everything ready for a Beta release, uploading also takes a long while, which is why I rarely ever release my work.

I actually did release a Beta of Dawn of the Fourth Age with my last Beta release and no one even tried it, or at least gave me feedback on it. That is okay though, now when peeps complain about something I can just tell them to fix it themselves!
    Last edited by alreadyded; July 26, 2011 at 04:40 PM.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

I actually did release a Beta of Dawn of the Fourth Age with my last Beta release and no one even tried it, or at least gave me feedback on it. That is okay though, now when peeps complain about something I can just tell them to fix it themselves!
    Haha, word

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

"active" help is harder to find than the one-ring itself (a geeky joke...but it's true..)

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

indeed

I get offers of help often enough, but most do not know how to do anything useful and are not willing to learn something new. They seem to think modders are just innately blessed with whatever skill and knowledge they have . I don't mind though as I got to do everything the way I wanted and I don't have to fix other peep's bugs and eff ups.

Default Re: Dawn of the Fourth Age ~ RELEASED ~ A magical adventure, full of magic and adventure!

PCP BETA 05 Released! The Dawn of the Fourth Age campaign is included in that release.

Humakty's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Dawn of the Fourth Age ~ RELEASED ~ A magical adventure, full of magic and adventure!

I'm not against helping, but my 3D modelling skill is at 0, and I only modded some XMLs for some failed civ 4 mod, so I wonder how much of a help I could be.

I've started a game with Brood of Ancalagon, and after killing the dwarves on turn 7 (they brought their king and heir to the battle...) I had the surprise to see the city I had battled for filled with iron dragons. This meant a reload, 'cause my army was quite crippled from the battle with the dwarves, and my economy wasn't bright either. A fun playthrough anyway, the drakes are quite nice to see in action.

Can my dragons be injured by the breath of their fellas ? I suppose yes, but I'm not quite sure.
    Ten times more numerous, by night and backstabbing.

Senior member of the G.L.I.N..

Quote Originally Posted by Humakty View Post
    Can my dragons be injured by the breath of their fellas ? I suppose yes, but I'm not quite sure.
    Yes you can hurt or kill your own drakes with fire, the Chieftains can take some abuse but the smaller ones may die instantly if hit with friendly fire. I spread them out pretty good to keep it from happening too often, I guess it is working since you had to ask that question .

Do you think the Dwarves died too easily? Or do the drake factions start out with too strong of units?

PATCH 1 has also been released, it adds some files I forgot to include with Beta 05. It should be save game compatible.
    Last edited by alreadyded; July 31, 2011 at 07:56 PM.

Yes you can hurt or kill your own drakes with fire, the Chieftains can take some abuse but the smaller ones may die instantly if hit with friendly fire. I spread them out pretty good to keep it from happening too often, I guess it is working since you had to ask that question .

Do you think the Dwarves died too easily? Or do the drake factions start out with too strong of units?

PATCH 1 has also been released, it adds some files I forgot to include with Beta 05. It should be save game compatible.
    I have a request to see RK troops(i am on vacation so i can't play your mod)

Borussia Dortmund fan

Humakty's Avatar Tiro

I think most northern factions will die easily to a decided Brood of X assault. I used two general units and two patriachs, and I think most of my loss were due to friendly fire. I mostly exposed my two generals, 'cause those refill automatically. I'm not suggesting a nerf to the Broods, as its a do or die assault and you've got no economy to speak of, but northern factions should maybe have more than two guys in their family, so as to decrease the odds of them sending their king and heir to their ultimate fate in one decisive battle. Northern factions should get some pikes/halberds able to make a phalanx in their starting army, 'cause regular units just got rolled over in melee. Dwarven bodyguards were especially unimpressive.
    Ten times more numerous, by night and backstabbing.

Senior member of the G.L.I.N..

vagouras88's Avatar Civis

seems amazing mod i will try it and report back!!!

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Noobas View Post
    "active" help is harder to find than the one-ring itself (a geeky joke...but it's true..)
    hope often decieves, yet twice blessed is help unlooked for.

PATCH 2 released for the FA campaign. It is not save game compatible.
    Last edited by alreadyded; August 07, 2011 at 04:48 AM.

I just started the FA campaign and here is some feedback:
    - RK settlements and forts, once ungarrisoned, show the byzantine vanilla med 2 flag.
    - Some RK unit description are a bit confused, for example RK militia: "The ancient kingdom of Reunited kingdom has just recently have been restored ...".
    I would suggest instead : "The ancient Reunited Kingdom has just recently have been restored ...".
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Si votre cannon tire, nos rochers n'en seront pas epouvantés

Waldesian fighter to French officer demanding surrender,
    Battle of Balziglia, 24th of may, 1690

Quote Originally Posted by Rora Lion View Post
    I just started the FA campaign and here is some feedback:
    - RK settlements and forts, once ungarrisoned, show the byzantine vanilla med 2 flag.
    - Some RK unit description are a bit confused, for example RK militia: "The ancient kingdom of Reunited kingdom has just recently have been restored ...".
    I would suggest instead : "The ancient Reunited Kingdom has just recently have been restored ...".
    The flag thing will be fixed eventually, though probably not by me (hopefully).

The current unit descriptions for the RK units are from vanilla, and so not made by me. I will completely re-write them though interweaving a story and maybe some wit along the way as with most of my unit descriptions, just hasn't been a priority yet.

The current unit descriptions for the RK units are from vanilla, and so not made by me. I will completely re-write them though interweaving a story and maybe some wit along the way as with most of my unit descriptions, just hasn't been a priority yet.
    Of course. I wouldn't define it a priority either at all, I was just pointing out the first things I noticed
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Si votre cannon tire, nos rochers n'en seront pas epouvantés

Waldesian fighter to French officer demanding surrender,
    Battle of Balziglia, 24th of may, 1690

Probably not very helpful, but when playing as Rohan my game has repeatedly crashed on the Dunlendings when I click end turn. Also, whilst the ambush script is cool, I have noticed that 'devastation' often occurs, giving me an easy indication of where they are. Not sure if anything can be done about that though.

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

can you upload pictures of the RK units?

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

it doesent work playing the BETA.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.