Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Dagor Minuial ~ Dawn of the Fourth Age Campaigns ~ A magical adventure, full of magic and adventure!

Default Re: Fourth Age Campaign

Tolkien states in Appendix A that Aragorn and Eomer fought many battles together in the North East and South East until Eomer was too old to ride. So that is like 30-40 more years of war with just Rhun and Harad.

Tolkien also states somewhere (probably the end of book six) that Aragorn spent pretty much all of his time as King reclaiming lands that once belonged to Gondor and Arnor. That is a lot of land, so that means even more wars with the inhabitants, as they are not just going to give it up.

It should make for a smashing good campaign.
    Last edited by alreadyded; November 08, 2010 at 11:06 PM.

Protestant Knight's Avatar Centenarius

I can't what for this I always wonted someone to do a campaign right after Mordor fell, in your faction list there was no Dale are you going to take them out or did you just forget them keep it up

I forgot to add them to the list... updated

can u make like a mad cult thingy that starts in gondor after like 50 turns and its like civil war itll be mad like or like u cud have it when u reclaim all the lost lands of the rk and u beome rk then the cult happens itll add game play

There will be "cults" for each creature faction so that certain human units can be recruited by them. I don't plan on adding in any rebellions for the RK though. Maybe at the end of the campaign when there is nothing else to do.
    Last edited by alreadyded; November 09, 2010 at 12:44 AM.

yea thats what i ment good luck to you and if you need help with boring stuff like unit stats i can help

Quote Originally Posted by gittany View Post
    yea thats what i ment good luck to you and if you need help with boring stuff like unit stats i can help
    I am mostly using pre-existing low tier units as thralls for the drake factions. They will not be available in large numbers though, and the drake factions can only recruit drakes in certain regions way up North so it will be a tough campaign for the bad guys. The good guys will eventually take over the map like the bad guys do in the Third Age.

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

Default Re: Dawn of the Fourth Age ~ A magical adventure, full of magic and adventure!

NICE

Default Re: Dawn of the Fourth Age ~ A magical adventure, full of magic and adventure!

Very interesting mod idea - I somehow had missed this topic...

Quote Originally Posted by Ourk View Post
    Very interesting mod idea - I somehow had missed this topic...
    I forgot about it so it drifted into oblivion. Most of the work is done though. However, I am still open to new ideas based in lore. Keep in mind this mod takes place in the beginning of the Fourth Age and will only go about 100 years into it (400 turns or more).
    Last edited by alreadyded; February 11, 2011 at 01:06 AM.

a full reclaiming of khasad dum by dwarves. with new units and such.
    also a dwarven merc in helms deep. and elven mercs in ithilien

Quote Originally Posted by Makrell View Post
    a full reclaiming of khasad dum by dwarves. with new units and such.
    also a dwarven merc in helms deep. and elven mercs in ithilien
    Already done, except for the new units. I can always bum some off of Squeaks though. She made a Khazad Dum faction.

Yes we have. I think miost of our khasad dum is soem switching of skin of erebor units so that we save space in the EDU.

Yes we have. I think miost of our khasad dum is soem switching of skin of erebor units so that we save space in the EDU.
    Even better, I am pretty strapped for space in the EDU myself. Squeaks already gave me permission to use her work, so I will implement some "Squeaktified" stuff eventually. I believe DAC wants to use some of my work, so I should be able to bum whatever else I need from them . This mod will not be finished until after my Third Age project is completed though, as I will be using much of the same work to make this. I already have a fun Beta I made awhile ago though, so that may be released soon, if I need some beta testers.
    Last edited by alreadyded; February 11, 2011 at 07:25 PM.

I'm not sure about having the Grey Havens and Lindon in the game at all. The population should be negligible and still dwindling as the elves depart to the west. I'm not sure who those provinces would belong to, really. They'd just kind of be uninhabited, I guess.
    Although Khazad-dûm wasn't taken back immediately, there were mining expeditions, so maybe have the dwarves start with an army large enough to take Moria and leave Moria fairly underdeveloped (but with Mithril mines) to simulate the gradual recolonisation. Their population is supposed to have dwindled, too - is the first hundred years long enough to merit representing that?
    The Shire remained independent, but, uh... Well, it's not really worth representing, is it? Maybe some hobbit units available to the Reunited Kingdom at a push. Are the Woses worth representing - maybe as mercenaries?
    As far as enemies of good are concerned, really the remnants of Rhum and Harad do seem to be the only real candidates, though they don't seem to be very strong during the period. Ungoliant is an unusual candidate, given that there are two accounts of her death (devoured herself and slain in the Eärendil), but I suppose she is a possibility. Where were you thinking of putting her lands? She's said to have fled to the north of Beleriand, and I suppose the equivalent in the Fourth Age would be the far north of Lindon, maybe beyond the Blue Mountains, though it's a stretch and there isn't much land there. Alternatively she could be somewhere in the south, having recovered from being... 'slain' by Eärendil. Or, you could have the descendants of her offspring from her time in Beleriand as an evil faction and have Ungoliant herself dead - I suppose they could be living either in the far north west or in the far south.
    The idea of using the dragon broods as enemies is pretty creative. I'm not much of a modder, so I don't really know the constraints of the engine, but perhaps if they started as hordes until they took a single territory, which would give them a populace to enslave and force to fight and turn them into a real threat. Expansion should be difficult for them - they have very limited manpower - but it should also be very difficult to drive them back. The dark creatures of Angband are similar - it's not really obvious where you could have them start.
    Last edited by DharmaMcLaren; February 13, 2011 at 01:43 AM.

Shocked's Avatar Campidoctor

I also think that the remaning mordor orcs could flee to mirkwood and establish a stronghold there
    Doubt they could do that with the largest settlement of elves there + the settlements of men and Beornings, Dol Goldur was destroyed
    Computer specifications -
    GPU: GTX 780
    CPU: Intel i5 2500k overclocked @ 4 GHz
    RAM: 8 GB DDR3
    Motherboard: Asrock z77 extreme 4

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Khazad-Dum was (probably) taken by Durin VII(I think), son of Thorin III. I'm not completely sure, I'll check that up if anyone wants the info.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

What about the dwarves of red mountines?

Campidoctor

nice ideas alreadyded!

This could turn out very awesome. If the second Age mod, and this mod both turn out amazing, then I could soon pick what era I feel like waging war on on a particular day and play that. That would be insanely awesome.

Groovy