Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Dagor Minuial ~ Dawn of the Fourth Age Campaigns ~ A magical adventure, full of magic and adventure!

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

Default Re: Dawn of the Fourth Age ~ A magical adventure, full of magic and adventure!

YOure so friggin fast its amzing.
    Also have you been able to keep the unique strat map settlements?

Default Re: Dawn of the Fourth Age ~ A magical adventure, full of magic and adventure!

Quote Originally Posted by Makrell View Post
    Also have you been able to keep the unique strat map settlements?
    Yes, in fact I added more, such as mountain settlements in mountainous areas. But certain settlements in the Fourth Age Campaign, such as Barad-Dur and the Black Gate, will be destroyed and therefore not unique. Just abandoned ruins that can be built up after being populated. Mordor's settlements will be occupied by Narnian (I guess is what they are called) rebels, and the Variags will eventually take it over causing the RK to have to fight on yet another front. So even playing a game as the RK should be fun and challenging.
    Last edited by alreadyded; March 24, 2011 at 04:23 AM.

While this magical adventure full of magic and adventure may be quite magical I have doubts about it being adventurous enough. How might one alleviate my fears?

These symptoms are common, and may be alleviated by sniffing 10 cc's of glue and/or eating a few paint chips half an hour before your largest meal. You can trust me, I am doctor.
    Last edited by alreadyded; March 24, 2011 at 05:56 AM.

so have you made new 3dmodels for Khand as well?
    DCI: Last Alliance: Unit maker. Proud member of The Imperial House of Hader

Yes, the Variags have lamellar armor and similar gear as the Steppe people's in the Middle Ages wore. Most units I created still need skins, other than that they are ready to rock.

i can help you with those skins if you wish

I would appreciate some help with shields, but I don't have textures lined up for them yet. I will probably do all the units myself as I already know in my head what kind of look and feel I want them to have.
    Last edited by alreadyded; March 25, 2011 at 01:12 AM.

well just send them to me when you think the time's right, i'll be on the watch.

Thank you.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

so whassup?

Beta testing.

Shadowlair's Avatar Civis

dont forget the khandian crescent axe, you can never forget the crescent axe , otherwise look forward to this

All hail dragonborn total war!!

Not to be a downer on the very impressive mod coming along, but having a 'magical adventure full of magic' in the fourth age really doens't fit with what we know of the Fourth Age. The Fourth Age was sort of Tolkien's bridge between the fantasy world of middle earth and the 'real' world. Magic was almost gone and the magical creatures were on the decline. Having a huge number of dragons and all sorts of other fantasy creatures makes about as much sense as having Peacekeeper Command Carriers in a mod about the Siege of Gondolin.

As I said, the mod looks to be very impressive, but it seems to ignore much of the established fourth age lore.
    "Oh no! Uzbeks have drunk my battery fluid!"

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlair View Post
    dont forget the khandian crescent axe, you can never forget the crescent axe , otherwise look forward to this
    How about a croissant axe instead? I don't think I will be adding any Crescent axes. They look cool but are not very functional in real life for chopping. That or something similar would look good as a pollarm weapon I think, so maybe I will add another unit to the Variags roster in the future. Thanks for the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajidica View Post
    'magical adventure full of magic'
    It is just a joke, I didn't actually mod any magic into the game. This mod follows what little lore there is on the Fourth Age. If you know any lore I don't know about, please share it.

So far I have three custom campaigns planned for the Fourth Age.

Dawn of the Fourth Age: Begins during the War of the Ring, in which Sauron needs to be destroyed (and has a serious military advantage). Then the Fourth Age comes and you do your thing.

Fourth Age Campaign: Begins right after the fall of Sauron. Mordor and Isengard are already destroyed.

Fourth Age Late Campaign - Begins about fifty years (200 turns) into the Fourth Age Campaign and factions are more developed and have expanded a bit. Optional Creature Invasions script for late in the game, when things start getting dull.
    Last edited by alreadyded; April 24, 2011 at 01:06 PM.

Default Re: Fourth Age Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by alreadyded View Post
    There will be "cults" for each creature faction so that certain human units can be recruited by them. I don't plan on adding in any rebellions for the RK though. Maybe at the end of the campaign when there is nothing else to do.

i red at some place that 2 of the originally 5 wizards (istari) sent by the valar in m.e were lost somewhere in the east (deep rhun) and that their teachings got a bit "twisted"..saruman went with them too, in the beginning, but when he decided to return ,they instead decided to remain..anyway here's the article and in general ,this site is gonna help you with research and inspiration..it's very well organized - categorized like an encyclopedia..

http://www.tuckborough.net/otherbein...Blue%20Wizards

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

all i know about Dol Guldur after it got destroyed is that the elves were re-taking it and renamed it into Amon Lanc wich means Bald Hill, and the region was called East-Lorien.
    not 100% sure though

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Dutch-Balrog@ So actually you don't know anything? No just jokin'

Erunion Telcontar's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Fourth Age Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Noobas View Post
    i red at some place that 2 of the originally 5 wizards (istari) sent by the valar in m.e were lost somewhere in the east (deep rhun) and that their teachings got a bit "twisted"..saruman went with them too, in the beginning, but when he decided to return ,they instead decided to remain..anyway here's the article and in general ,this site is gonna help you with research and inspiration..it's very well organized - categorized like an encyclopedia..

http://www.tuckborough.net/otherbein...Blue%20Wizards
    That was one of Tolkien's original ideas for them, that he mentioned in a letter. A later note, however, has Tolkien saying that they actually remained good guys, and were instrumental during the third age, as they organized rebellions and resistance against Sauron's rule in the East. Tolkien said that without them, Mordor would have had far more Evil Men to throw at the West.
    Source: The Unfinished Tales

Of course, Tolkien had a tendency to juggle around his opinions, and little was ever truly final until it was published, so whether we believe his earlier letter (bad Wizards) or his later note (good Wizards) is a matter of discussion.

+Rep for anyone who can translate! (The above)
    Auta i lóme! Aurë entuluva!