Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Dagor Minuial ~ Dawn of the Fourth Age Campaigns ~ A magical adventure, full of magic and adventure!

Aragorn1963's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Dawn of the Fourth Age (DFA) ~ For TATW 3.0 ~ A magical adventure, full of magic and adventure!

I get a CTD while loading a campaign for the Reunited Kingdom. Please advise.

Rohan too btw.
    Last edited by Aragorn1963; December 18, 2011 at 05:52 AM.

Default Re: Dawn of the Fourth Age (DFA) ~ For TATW 3.0 ~ A magical adventure, full of magic and adventure!

Hello I also a CTD while loading a game with all factions.

francis86's Avatar Decanus

I think everyone got that problem

deleted
    Last edited by alreadyded; December 18, 2011 at 06:34 PM.

Yes, and there is something wrong with it. Seems to be corrupted or something.

Installer for patch 3 was corrupted again, two times in row no less.

Here is PCP Beta 07 Patch 3 again, just download and install this if you already have everything else done.

Just started a campaign for the Reunited Kingdom. Looks very interesting. Nice movies too. Some of the units cards are missing though (Orc scouts, Reunited Kingdom henchmen, Reunited Kingdom Honor Guard, Merchant Guild Guard among others) and I notice that the Reunited Kingdom Pikemen are remarkably weak in both defence and attack, surely that can't be right? Apart from that the Reunited Kingdom units are weak compared to their Gondor counterparts.

I also think too many new generals are appearing, most with names I've never heard before. Don't really know what to do with them.
    Last edited by Aragorn1963; December 19, 2011 at 01:22 PM.

Macrath's Avatar Domesticus

i experienced so much magic on my magical adventure through the fourth age..it was just magical

Patch 4 for Beta 07 Released! A little tiny patch… a whole new game of strategy.

Some features included with Patch 4;

"Building An Empire" - A new level to compete on.

This feature adds about 40 new buildings of various types and focuses the game more on building up your settlements, trade, and empire. Each building has a practical use and properly depicts medieval life. They also come with relatively detailed descriptions. Quite realistic and informative overall if you ask me, which I am. The buildings are save game compatible.
    A new and improved Inflation Script has also been included. The new scripts and a couple other things will not take effect until you start a new game, which is recommended but not necessary.

Also added some things I made a while ago but forgot to include;

New (though I made them so long ago) Great Eagle skins (save game compatible)

The Hidden Stair into Mordor on campaign map (maybe save game compatible)

Script changes for Orocarni Dwarves CAI (not save game compatible)

Improved CAI Horde behavior, they should attack a close target now instead of wondering around. (save game compatible)

Fixes included in TATW 3.1 patch (spelling and quote mistakes, missing building cards)
    …and some other things I can’t remember at the moment.

Plus, some bugs have been fixed and Gondor’s/RK’s troops now have the upgrades added in 3.0. This should be save game compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by Macrath View Post
    i experienced so much magic on my magical adventure through the fourth age..it was just magical
    That sounds pretty magically adventurous!

Bob Doad's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Dawn of the Fourth Age (DFA) ~ For TATW 3.0/3.1 ~ A magical adventure, full of magic and adventure!

wait hold up wat is pcp sorry lol
    O and i nom nom nom on rep so yea...click the button...im waiting
    Promoter of:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Jakeler's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Dawn of the Fourth Age (DFA) ~ For TATW 3.0/3.1 ~ A magical adventure, full of magic and adventure!

when do you plan to have a 1.0 or out of beta version?

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

think about this picture and you will know the answer

Im getting ctd's everytime i load a battle with or against the beornings.

Theres a small bug. Whenever I get a huge city it converts to the model of rebuilt East Osgiliath, with the half encircling wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Aradiel View Post
    Im getting ctd's everytime i load a battle with or against the beornings.
    Sounds like you didn't install the patch that has the bear models in it. The bears are one of the Beorning's bodyguard units, so the model missing will cause a battle crash with any Beorning generals in it.

Quote Originally Posted by vashquash View Post
    Theres a small bug. Whenever I get a huge city it converts to the model of rebuilt East Osgiliath, with the half encircling wall.
    I will get it fixed, thanks.

When I try to start a new campaign, the program CTDs just when the the loading bar finishes after the faction movie is played. Is there any known cause of this?

Sorry to double post: couldn't find the edit button.

A little bit more information. I've tried two factions, Isengard and the dwarves at the top most right hand corner with the same results. I followed the instructions of installation, as well as that bit about the cleaner being used after the first patch goes in.

I think I found the problem. While uninstalling Third age total war for a fresh install, I found a folder named third aged total war outside of the mod folder in the MTW directory. 28x some odd mb. I must have accidentally addressed one of the patches to the wrong spot when I was installing the submod.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

best way to install is, to unpack every patch seperate on desctop and melt them via copy paste to the data folder.

I'm currently trying to add in some fishing villages around the borders of the map, however, when starting up Geomod I get this message at 69 percent with the error:

Unknown faction or culture "detected in the EDU at line 3504!

Does anyone know which file this is so I can address the problem?