Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Dagor Minuial ~ Dawn of the Fourth Age Campaigns ~ A magical adventure, full of magic and adventure!

Default Re: Dawn of the Fourth Age ~ Beta 06 RELEASED ~ A magical adventure, full of magic and adventure!

Ah I see, with that new map you could have some crazy migration campaigns. I do hope the TATW team will implement your navigatable rivers in a future release though. It is weird that the rivers around the long lake aren't navigatable while those people lived from the river trade according to the lore.

Keep up the good work

Ciloron's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Dawn of the Fourth Age ~ Beta 06 RELEASED ~ A magical adventure, full of magic and adventure!

Yo, search Rhun in the lotr wiki and ull find more maps of the east. If u go a bit more eastward ull have the other ocean too

The width is already maxed so I can't make the map any wider than it is. The only way left to expand is South, but I will need help if that is ever to happen.

To bad i can only help with things involving 2d art
    Do you need help with that?

The text work that would need to be do for a map expansion further South can be done by anyone, it is super easy work. But it is also boring work, so no one will probably ever want to do it. I certainly don't.

Yes, I will need unit and info cards in the not too distant future.

Im in if i can do the faction symbols too
    Imo they dont fit in atm. Or have you changed them without me knowing?

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Hi everybody!
    Got a beta done now for the elven voices.
    Check out the link in the other thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...3#post10328783

Hope it works out fine

regards Ngugi

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

alreadyded, when it will be completely finished submod?
    Last edited by sergi; October 01, 2011 at 05:01 PM.

Kashkarov's Avatar Libertus

hello, it's me again, I deinstalled every byte of TA_PCP and installed it again (the dual-installation, maybe this causes some of the problems ?),
    in my actual campaign (RK on vh-settings ) one the problems I mentioned in the previos posts (144 and 170), occurs to be reworked, but, now:

instead of, that you can not upgrade your cities(-walls)
    now every city gets the "Edoras-look"

http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/118276448-3.jpg (looks quite funny at first view ;-)

Regards, Kashkarov
    Last edited by Kashkarov; October 01, 2011 at 11:24 AM.
    Truth is elusive to those who refuse to see it with both eyes wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Kashkarov View Post
    hello, it's me again, I deinstalled every byte of TA_PCP and installed it again (the dual-installation, maybe this causes some of the problems ?),
    in my actual campaign (RK on vh-settings ) one the problems I mentioned in the previos posts (144 and 170), occurs to be reworked, but, now:

instead of, that you can not upgrade your cities(-walls)
    now every city gets the "Edoras-look"

http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/118276448-3.jpg (looks quite funny at first view ;-)

Regards, Kashkarov
    Did you "go to data\models_strat\residences\faction_variants and delete the following folders; hungary, ireland, normans, norway, and russia." ?

Failure to do that will cause the problem you have.

Kashkarov's Avatar Libertus

checked that twice, all deleted....
    Truth is elusive to those who refuse to see it with both eyes wide.

I will look into it.

1.0 will be released when all the final skins and unit cards are done. I am the only one working on skins so they will not be done for a LONG time as I am currently busy doing work that only I can do (adding more stuff). The unit cards cannot be made until the final skins are done, or they will need to be redone.

I also need more feedback on the campaign. Like; How long factions are lasting and how they are fairing along the way? How easy/hard it is on the player? Does the player/AI have too much or too little resources? How are the new buildings working out in the long run?

I don't have the time or the inclination to test 100-200 turn campaigns for every faction, so I need peeps to report back on long term balance so I can make sure that is working as it should. Screenshots of your regions map as well are good too.
    Last edited by alreadyded; October 02, 2011 at 05:30 PM.

May I suggest you request this submod to be moved to the main TATW page so you get more visitors?
    DCI: Last Alliance: Unit maker. Proud member of The Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by alreadyded View Post
    I will look into it.

1.0 will be released when all the final skins and unit cards are done. I am the only one working on skins so they will not be done for a LONG time as I am currently busy doing work that only I can do (adding more stuff). The unit cards cannot be made until the final skins are done, or they will need to be redone.

I also need more feedback on the campaign. Like; How long factions are lasting and how they are fairing along the way? How easy/hard it is on the player? Does the player/AI have too much or too little resources? How are the new buildings working out in the long run?

I don't have the time or the inclination to test 100-200 turn campaigns for every faction, so I need peeps to report back on long term balance so I can make sure that is working as it should. Screenshots of your regions map as well are good too.
    Thanks big for the answer

Hi

Am still playing my first game with your mod as Mirkwood elves and am very enthusiastic.

Most factions seems OK, although Rohan, Gondor and Galadhrim were destroyed early by a rampaging Isengard. Had to declare all out war on Isengard to stop it bolting ahead once it started slaughtering the High elves and eriador. Possibly isengard is overpowered but I can't confirm this after one playing.

I think the new buildings are good although the price tags on some e.g. statues seem a bit high - I'll think more on this.

Other things I like

Really enjoy the change to the starting dynamics that the creatures give.
    AI garrisoning is OK with reasonable numbers always supported by wandering armies once I attack- is there no garrison script? - if so good.
    Map is excellent esp navigable rivers

Thing I don't like

Frequent crashes - I'll see if I can work out how to capture a crash report and send to you.

Just a quick question, is there anyway you can make it possible to play Mordor too? Maybe so that if your progress goes well you arent guarenteed to be destroyed, or maybe a small group escapes to attempt to rebuild elsewhere? That way computer can still die and move into Fourth Age but we could still try to play the evil faction of Mordor along with all of the other fun groups in the world. Just a thought, it might be more trouble than its worth though.

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlain View Post
    Just a quick question, is there anyway you can make it possible to play Mordor too? Maybe so that if your progress goes well you arent guarenteed to be destroyed, or maybe a small group escapes to attempt to rebuild elsewhere? That way computer can still die and move into Fourth Age but we could still try to play the evil faction of Mordor along with all of the other fun groups in the world. Just a thought, it might be more trouble than its worth though.
    It is actually very easy to do. I just gave them the "horde" behavior that all the other factions already have for the next Beta. With horde behavior Mordor will start with two generals and an army after they are destroyed and lose all their regions. Then you can choose which to take back and rebuild in, or move somewhere completely different. Mordor will be a very tough faction to play though, as the Variags spread into Mordor and will eff them up.

Isengard has also been added to the Fourth Age campaign as a playable faction and will start out in the Shire. They will only be able to recruit Ruffians, Thugs, Henchmen, and some Hobbits to start with. Other than that they will have to rely on mercs until they get buildings up and running. That will be a hard faction to play as well.
    Last edited by alreadyded; October 11, 2011 at 12:41 AM.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

when will this BETA be released then?
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Isengard has also been added to the Fourth Age campaign as a playable faction and will start out in the Shire. They will only be able to recruit Ruffians, Thugs, Henchmen, and some Hobbits to start with. Other than that they will have to rely on mercs until they get buildings up and running. That will be a hard faction to play as well.
    This sounds like a really fun campaign! Cant wait until the next Beta is released! Will the Orocarni Dwarves be included in the next release?

Quote Originally Posted by Mhaedros View Post
    when will this BETA be released then?
    When the new map has been polished up. Mostly I just need to pretty up the river crossings for the navigable rivers, and add some bridges for the non-navigable rivers. It really should be done already but I have been going out of town so much lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpire View Post
    Will the Orocarni Dwarves be included in the next release?
    Yes, but many units will be placeholders (from the other Dwarves) until I get around to making new models and skins.
    Last edited by alreadyded; October 11, 2011 at 04:30 PM.