Thread: Dwarf Halberd Hammer-Axe

Default Dwarf Halberd Hammer-Axe

I designed time ago a dwarf halberd hammer-axe, although it still needs textures. If anyone want to add them and/or use it for a fantasy submod, feel free to do it, if you do that, it would be nice to have mention in the credits for the original work. The downloadble below it's an .obj file.

This is the sketch (see spoiler), based in a combination from Dain's hammer, the Balin's sword & Gimli's axe:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

And this is the result:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Download:Dwarf Halberd Hammer-Axe.7z

Alternative download: https://www.moddb.com/mods/new-symbo...#downloadsform

Credits:
    Garnash (conceptual art)
    PC_Toby (3D edition)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Garnash; February 13, 2020 at 09:48 PM.

Default Re: Dwarf Halberd Hammer-Axe

Your enthusiasm is amazing. Keep up the great work! I would contact DAC team if I were you, they would really find your skill - handy (to say the least).

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

I am usually the first to encourage new modellers in the M2TW modding community but it seems I am second in this...
    Anyway, this is very good work.
    If I could be somewhat bold I think it is too good for the graphics engine of M2TW.
    Troops are rarely viewed from close enough a distance for the details of their models to be seen.
    So, I prefer to emphasize of very good textures and normal maps that can be seen from the usual distances.
    In any case, every modeller needs to find the way that best suits him.

Quote Originally Posted by c.ryo View Post
    Your enthusiasm is amazing. Keep up the great work! I would contact DAC team if I were you, they would really find your skill - handy (to say the least).
    I think they don't like the idea combining several weapons, like my halberd hammer-axe does, cz i didn't receive any interest from DaC's team. But thx anyways, m8.