Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Dagor Minuial ~ Dawn of the Fourth Age Campaigns ~ A magical adventure, full of magic and adventure!

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

Default Re: Dawn of the Fourth Age (DFA) ~ For TATW 3.0/3.1 ~ A magical adventure, full of magic and adventure!

EDU = export_descr_unit.txt
    you find this in data/ folder i think
    Last edited by _Tartaros_; January 12, 2012 at 06:12 AM.

Default Re: Dawn of the Fourth Age (DFA) ~ For TATW 3.0/3.1 ~ A magical adventure, full of magic and adventure!

I don't think geomod works with this. I never used geomod to create it, plus I have added many things which geomod may not recognize (new factions and units, etc).

Are you adding more port fishing villages? You can only have one port per region.

Or village resources? Neighboring regions with the same resources do not trade those resources so far as I know, making them worthless if everyone has one. I could be wrong though, I have never tested it myself.

@Tartaros, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by alreadyded View Post
    I don't think geomod works with this. I never used geomod to create it, plus I have added many things which geomod may not recognize (new factions and units, etc).
    May I ask what did you use to make the map?

Are you adding more port fishing villages? You can only have one port per region.
    Nah, I'm adding in fishing villages for provinces that are bordering the sea but don't have any sort of fishing village you can turn into a port. In my Isengard campaign, I've enabled the building of port and the most basic of boats for a crappy navy, but found out that the "Ruins" settlement below Lond Angren doesn't have a fishing village, nor does Sea Coves.

It was a little disappointing seeing as I've spent most of the time I've had the two provinces boosting their population as much as I could. Ruins is now a major city too.

If I had known that a fishing village was necessary for the building of a port and sea trade facilities, I would have instead focused on boosting the population in Lond Angren instead.

I know there are reasons why you might not want that region to have a fishing village (like ports in Middle Earth being an exceptionally rare thing, and the fact that the settlement was named "ruins" is a pretty good indication), of which I won't contest. I am asking however, for help in modifying my own copy so that I can build a fishing village there.

In any case, would it be save game compatible?

I made the map from scratch using Photoshop I think, it may have been GIMP. First map I ever made .

I will add ports to those regions, I just overlooked it. I already added a few more ports to regions I overlooked. Thanks for reporting it.

Adding ports is not save game compatible, no map changes are.

Quote Originally Posted by alreadyded View Post
    I made the map from scratch using Photoshop I think, it may have been GIMP. First map I ever made .
    You could add in ports by modifying the visual surface of the map.

I will add ports to those regions, I just overlooked it. I already added a few more ports to regions I overlooked. Thanks for reporting it.
    Hurray!

On a side note, is the inclusion of mines that don't generate any sort of wealth done on purpose as a universally applied building option for all provinces? There's a mine in Ginead and one somewhere east of that in a town that feature a mine with no bonus to income if you build it.

Quote Originally Posted by Swad View Post
    On a side note, is the inclusion of mines that don't generate any sort of wealth done on purpose as a universally applied building option for all provinces? There's a mine in Ginead and one somewhere east of that in a town that feature a mine with no bonus to income if you build it.
    Fixed it, thanks again.

when i download the initial pcp.exe i can not open the file to install it....help please

btw...sorry must be done....

FIRST POST!!

Default Re: Dawn of the Fourth Age (DFA) ~ BETA 08 RELEASED ~ A magical adventure, full of magic and adventure!

Beta 08 released.

Default Re: Dawn of the Fourth Age (DFA) ~ BETA 08 RELEASED ~ A magical adventure, full of magic and adventure!

Hi. Awesome work! Would it be possible to write down the needed towns for scattered people in an ancillary like as we know from Aragorn for reforming Arnor or united kingdom?

For now i would be happy if you could tell them to me here. :-) Thx.

;#######################################################################
    ;####################### A Scattered People ############################
    ;#######################################################################

;############################ Dale Union ###############################
    ;CONDITIONS

and DiplomaticStanceFromFaction normans = Allied
    and I_SettlementOwner Esgaroth = scotland
    and I_SettlementOwner Celduin = scotland
    and I_SettlementOwner Dale = scotland
    and I_SettlementOwner Celduin-East = scotland
    and I_SettlementOwner Dorwinion = scotland
    and I_SettlementOwner Rhovanion = scotland
    and I_SettlementOwner North-Rhovanion = scotland
    and I_SettlementOwner Central-Mirkwood = scotland

;############################ Beornings Union ###############################
    ;CONDITIONS

and DiplomaticStanceFromFaction scotland = Allied
    and I_SettlementOwner Lower-Anduin-Vale = normans
    and I_SettlementOwner Lowest-Anduin-Vale = normans
    and I_SettlementOwner AV_Ruins_a = normans
    and I_SettlementOwner AV_Ruins_b = normans
    and I_SettlementOwner Deep-Mirkwood = normans
    and I_SettlementOwner Rhovanion = normans
    and I_SettlementOwner North-Rhovanion = normans
    and I_SettlementOwner Central-Mirkwood = normans

Patch 1 released.

Change log;

Bugs squashed.

Revamped Rohan unit textures.

Scripts improved and tweaked.

Campaign AI improved (more aggressive now, while continuing to garrison settlements).

Map changes, mostly in the West. One new region added, many redrawn.

Swapped more wolf rebels for human rebels in Eriador.

Improved campaign balance.

Some other stuff I can't remember...
    Last edited by alreadyded; March 02, 2012 at 04:05 AM.

Patch 2 released.
    Last edited by alreadyded; March 07, 2012 at 01:33 AM.

Patch 3 released.

Patch 4 released.

hi ppl i was just wondering how do i get the rest of the elf units while playing as galdhrim. i went to custom battles and they have more units like the elf axe men or the orphers chosen or wat ever his name is PLEASE SOME1 ANSWER

Quote Originally Posted by amman View Post
    hi ppl i was just wondering how do i get the rest of the elf units while playing as galdhrim. i went to custom battles and they have more units like the elf axe men or the orphers chosen or wat ever his name is PLEASE SOME1 ANSWER
    Those units should only be recruitable by Mirkwood Elves in the campaign, however you can make them recruitable by Galadhrim in export_descr_buildings.txt (in data folder) if you want, just add "hungary" next to "mongols" for each unit you want. It is save game compatible.

Like so;

recruit_pool "Orophers Chosen" 1 0.08 2 0 requires factions { mongols, hungary, } and region_religion orthodox 70.

There are multiple entries for each unit so do a search (ctrl+F) and be sure to change them all.
    Last edited by alreadyded; April 24, 2012 at 04:43 PM.

do i put a space after the comma then hungry ??

i did it but right wen the game loaded it just closed

Quote Originally Posted by amman View Post
    i did it but right wen the game loaded it just closed
    If it is crashing you messed something up, try again.

ok i did it i forgot to add the comma after but i still dont see the units yet