Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Dagor Minuial ~ Dawn of the Fourth Age Campaigns ~ A magical adventure, full of magic and adventure!

Default Re: Dawn of the Fourth Age ~ Beta 07 RELEASED ~ A magical adventure, full of magic and adventure!

Woo!!!! loving the new beta, great job.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Dawn of the Fourth Age ~ Beta 07 RELEASED ~ A magical adventure, full of magic and adventure!

I have some kind of bug, when I attack dragons in the campaign and play the battle myself, the game crashes as soon as my men get close to them
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhaedros View Post
    I have some kind of bug, when I attack dragons in the campaign and play the battle myself, the game crashes as soon as my men get close to them
    I need some more info than that. It sounds like it may be due to a problem with the units you are using to attack the drakes. Which faction/units are you using? And which drakes are you attacking?

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Dont remember drakes, but I played Erebor, attacked Wormcove(or whatever that village north of Erebor is called) and used Balin, Dwarven Axemen, Warriors and Miners

Quote Originally Posted by Mhaedros View Post
    Dont remember drakes, but I played Erebor, attacked Wormcove(or whatever that village north of Erebor is called) and used Balin, Dwarven Axemen, Warriors and Miners
    I will check it out, but I am guessing it was a battle AI bug that caused the crash. The next patch will include the recently updated BAI by G5, and he said he fixed that bug. So once that is added the random battle CTD's that happen every once in awhile should be fixed.

Default Re: Dawn of the Fourth Age (DFA) ~ Beta 07 RELEASED ~ A magical adventure, full of magic and adventure!

Here is an update on the faction starting positions;

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Dawn of the Fourth Age (DFA) ~ Beta 07 RELEASED ~ A magical adventure, full of magic and adventure!

Nice. Where are the Avari?

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

East of Khand

Patch 1 for DFA is released.

The Avari Elves will be located where the faction symbol is in the Far East. I still need to carve those three huge regions into five slightly smaller ones and finish the Avari unit roster before I add them to the campaign. They will probably be released with the patch for the 3.0 custom settlements.
    Last edited by alreadyded; December 10, 2011 at 06:22 AM.

Default Re: Dawn of the Fourth Age (DFA) ~ Patch for Beta 07 RELEASED ~ A magical adventure, full of magic and adventure!

For those that have already downloaded Patch 1, here is a Quick Fix that adds two files I forgot to include. If you haven't downloaded it yet than you don't need this. If you are not sure, just go ahead and install the Quick Fix, it will not hurt anything.
    Last edited by alreadyded; December 10, 2011 at 06:40 AM.

Default Re: Dawn of the Fourth Age (DFA) ~ For TATW 3.0 ~ A magical adventure, full of magic and adventure!

Now compatible with TATW 3.0, you must reinstall Beta 07 and all patches to TATW 3.0 folder, which is labeled Third_Age_3.

Bob Doad's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Dawn of the Fourth Age (DFA) ~ For TATW 3.0 ~ A magical adventure, full of magic and adventure!

is this folder based?
    O and i nom nom nom on rep so yea...click the button...im waiting
    Promoter of:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by bob doad 111 View Post
    is this folder based?
    If you mean, can you install it in a separate mod folder to have two mods at once, than yes. There are instructions how to do that in the bottom of the first post. I will post them here as well;

Optional Dual Install, for those that want a separate mod folder for installation.

Create your own PCP folder.

- Make a copy of your Third_Age_3 folder.

- Rename the copied folder to: Third_Age_PCP

- Install PCP Beta 07 to desktop, add _PCP to the end of the folder name, and replace Third_Age_PCP folder. Do the same with all patches as well.

- Download THIS folder and replace Third_Age_PCP folder again.

- Use provided shortcut. You may need to tell it where your Third Age PCP.bat (batch) file is if your game is not installed in the default location.

Last edited by alreadyded; December 17, 2011 at 01:18 PM.

Are you kidding me? Did you update it so fast?! Did you keep all vanilla features or did you delete some?

Bob Doad's Avatar Primicerius

o thank you i will be downloading immediately!
    O and i nom nom nom on rep so yea...click the button...im waiting
    Promoter of:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by killersmurf View Post
    Are you kidding me? Did you update it so fast?! Did you keep all vanilla features or did you delete some?
    PCP is massive so it was more of a matter of making 3.0 compatible with PCP . All I had to do was add 3.0 stuff I want to it in Patch 2. The only thing from 3.0 that is not added is the stuff I did not want to add, or perhaps I am unaware of it.

Here is a rough list of what I left out;

No Hobbit faction,

No Palantiri,

No new terrain textures for strat map (I added the new vegetation though),

Still haven't added some 3.0 units for Gondor and Elves (adding those real soon)

Some new scripts I don't want/need.

Maybe a few other small things, I haven't played 3.0 so I am not sure about EVERYTHING that was added. If something you want is missing just drop a note here and let me know, I will consider adding it to PCP.

I also did some sharing of custom settlements and general "spicing" up, i.e. Erebor uses the Moria caves custom settlement for battles. Barad Dur uses Dol Guldur, etc.

A Enhanced CAI is introduced, it is still in the Beta, or maybe even Alpha stage, but it is already pretty tough. I have lost a few games, though it shames me to admit it.

Creature factions were reworked (ongoing), now they will be more of a threat in the campaign.

General bug fixes.
    Last edited by alreadyded; December 17, 2011 at 03:24 PM.

Good work! I already expected such a thing (making 3.0 compatible with PCP). I assume you included the reworked elves?

Quote Originally Posted by killersmurf View Post
    Good work! I already expected such a thing (making 3.0 compatible with PCP). I assume you included the reworked elves?
    Not yet, I was not aware of them . I will add them in Beta 08 now that I am aware of them though. Pretty sad that I forgot about them being added to 3.0 seeing as I helped make them! hehe
    Last edited by alreadyded; December 17, 2011 at 02:03 PM.

francis86's Avatar Decanus

It would be really cool for the Corsair of Umbar faction to have Black numenoreans unit,maybe some one could make black numenorians archer and all.I know its may be lore inaccurate because there is almost no black numenorians anymore during the third age but it say that umbar are descendant of black numenorians,the unit could kind of be call descendant of black numenor,its just idea lol because it would really fit in the little scenario i make in my head haha,thx alot in advance to take time of reading my idea!

Last edited by alreadyded; December 18, 2011 at 01:12 PM.