Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Dagor Minuial ~ Dawn of the Fourth Age Campaigns ~ A magical adventure, full of magic and adventure!

Default Re: Dawn of the Fourth Age ~ RELEASED ~ A magical adventure, full of magic and adventure!

Quote Originally Posted by alreadyded View Post
    Yes you can hurt or kill your own drakes with fire, the Chieftains can take some abuse but the smaller ones may die instantly if hit with friendly fire. I spread them out pretty good to keep it from happening too often, I guess it is working since you had to ask that question .

I would offer to help or even learn if it is possible the things that I may not understand how to do yet. By the way, if the dragons that breath fire could line up in straight lines across from their targets, that may help them avoid hurting each other as much. It may not seem as realistic of a formation but for purposes of the game it maybe a suitable compromise.

Also, the Drake factions have a weird bug, where they may start out with 72 or 54, but after a battle, they have half or a third of that, even if no drakes died in the battle.

Fourth Age. IMHO, seems pretty good so far. Both games suffer from the bats more than any other unit when trying to upload and fight a battle. I do not know if that can be fixed with out using better or smaller units. When I load it up, I only see 2 campaigns, though the first page suggests a third later campaign. As for the fourth age, I wonder if some of the factions (such as corsairs, drakes, ungoliath, khand, maybe even blue hills dwarves) would not be a bit better developed at least, such as the factions effected the least by the war. It maybe a neat option for some factions to have a merc recruiting building such as those that may need to rely on it more. The Last Kingdom and the RTW LOTR mods have something like that.

Something I like yet puzzles me is, there are 2 haradrim units mordor and khand can recruit either in towns or as mercs yet are much lower upkeep, is that intended?

Another idea i saw in a mod that may work well for TA submods, was there is a agent that calls up crusades or jihads (not sure which it was set at) called sauron, though I think they should have used The Mouth of Sauron instead for that, plus they had a sauron general, though couldnt move. No factions could request a crusade except the agent, Mouth of Sauron, and mordor could not recruit any other religious like agents.

I do not know if this other idea works for you or any submod of Third Age, but to replicate the incursions of Wildmen of Dunland without starting Isengard at war with rohan, why not set out several rebel wildman armies, and a grima wormtongue leader trait for rohan that lowers leadership skills and movement?

One last thing, your last update seems to have fixed some of the previous bugs, except for example fighting a bat army zooming to the battlemap.
    "It is worth while for those who disdain all human things for money, and who suppose that there is no room either for great honor or virtue, except where wealth is found, to listen to his story."
    - Livy 3.26

Willowran's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Dawn of the Fourth Age ~ RELEASED ~ A magical adventure, full of magic and adventure!

when is the completed mod coming out?

Quote Originally Posted by Willowran View Post
    when is the completed mod coming out?
    When I get enough feedback to finish fixing anything that can be considered a bug.

Kashkarov's Avatar Libertus

I think your mod is pretty good, all in all, but nevertheless I have a suggestion and a question/bug to report...
    First the suggestion, it's just about a little detail, would you think about adding the Dome of Stars (in Osgiliath) to the list of unique building, pictures you can find easily, and I think it's quite reallistc that it could be rebuild, and it's easy for you to add into the game, too.
    The other problem is, that while my Reunited Kingdom-campaign it occured, that I couldn't build "Culture-Conversion-Buildings" (Librarys, Schools, etc), furthermore if a city grows you can't build the next level of wall, so your cities can not develop.
    I tested Rohan and Dale too they couldn't upgrade their walls either, and couldn't build "Culture-Conversion-Buildings" (tombs, ...). The High-Elves and Dwarves worked fine (could upgade cities, and build artist/brewery).

Another thing is that Mordor does not get destroyed, when the Ring is destroyed, nor does it later in the game, amusingly the Ring gets found one turn after he has been destroyed, by an general of the OotMM ;-)

Last Point: maybe the Beorning-Faction gets destroyed too easily, but apart from that the mod works quite well
    Truth is elusive to those who refuse to see it with both eyes wide.

Alreadyded, first of all I want to congratulate you for your work. You are not only being creative but also trying to push the engine to its limits, so thanks for sharing it for the community's enjoyment.

Ive played some turns with the Reunited Kingdom and the campaign is really appealing. But, as you said many times, what you need now are bug reports to improve the Beta. So here are my 2 cents and sorry in advance if something has already been pointed out:

- Imrahil BG's are archer militia. I dont know if this is intended or just something you were trying and forgot to change, but IMHO Dol Amroth Knights fit a lot better for his BG, either mounted of on foot.

- Some vanilla script still kick in, like "the One Ring has been found".

- I dont know if it can be done better, but you are supposed to start the 4th Age campaign once the Ring is destroyed. You added those popups about Helms Deep battle or that the One Ring has been destroyed to add to the story, but they come after they happenned... Again, I guess if you put all the story together on the first turn it could be too much to read but... well, its not a big deal anyway.

- Question: why did you leave Theoden as King of Rohan to die in the first turn instead of having Eomer from the beggining, as it is when the mod starts? or are you still working on the date or how to present the Fourth Age? (I guess this is linked the the previous point)

- When you retrain some units, the pool does not increase the turns for next unit number. Not all of them (like boats and RK Militia work fine) but most of them suffer from this bug.

- You can not train the Fountain Guard in Minas Tirith. The Tower of Ecthelion is there, but still you can not have them.

- In the loading screen its says "Year 1 Third Age" instead of Fourth.

- When entering diplomatic relations with the High Elves, I failed to gain alliance and in the center message (that tells you what they think at the current proposal) it said something like "the Dark Lord does not think an alliance is a good idea" or something like that. This added to the fact that they have orc voices (but you have posted a fix for that one)

I guess this is it for now, but I'll post more if I can find. Sorry I have no the skills nor the time to help you actually doing something with the Mod.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Darth Lord Revan; August 31, 2011 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Spelling and adding some stuff

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

I'm curious to see what units look like...
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Screenshots would be nice >.>
    Can't wait till its finished.

Default Re: Dawn of the Fourth Age ~ Beta 06 RELEASED ~ A magical adventure, full of magic and adventure!

Beta 06 has been released!

Here is some of what is included in PCP Beta 06;

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Lots of bug fixes. Any bugs reported so far should be fixed.

Inflation Scripts (Replaces TATW money script) - The more money you have saved up, the less you make. It also limits the AI’s income when they have too much money without making them instantly go broke.

Additional Traits and Ancillaries - Adds new ones and reshuffles old ones.

Navigable Rivers - Adds rivers in the North East and West that can be sailed on. Also removes bridges across the rivers and replaces them with land crossing points.

Even More Added Units - Adds low tier units for Orc factions, allowing them to actually recruit mass armies of Orc and Goblin rabble. Also adds "special" high tier units to various factions, such as the Honor Guard for the Reunited Kingdom which is recruitable from the rebuilt Doom of the Stars building in East Osgiliath. And... Elven and Dwarven AOR units for the Reunited Kingdom and Rohan in the Fourth Age campaign.

Campaign and Battle Map Tweaks - Adds more woodland terrain to Mirkwood and removes some roads to allow a more "foresty" feel and allowing more ambushes, by you and your enemies. Also tweaks the "caves" in the Misty Mountains, making them a bit wider and more level. These changes effect the campaign and battle maps in those areas and should make those areas more pleasing to fight in.

Climate and Snow Line Tweaks - Modifies terrain climates across the map, making it more accurate to lore. Also changes where snow is all year round, and far South it snows during the winter season (i.e. no snow in Gondor now), also according to lore.

Even More Added Regions - Adds even more regions, a bunch in Forodwaith and one more in the South.

...and a lot more added goodies.

Included submods not made by me;

G5 BAI, Traveling Merchants Mini-Mod, Spoils of War Mini-Mod, and Achievements Mini-Mod, by Germanicu5.

Elven and Dwarven Units from FROME, by Koultouras and Beorn of Carrock.

Hero Abilities and Battle UI Buttons, by Noobas.

High Quality Sky Texture Project, by Hereje.

Free Ancillary Resource, by Small Projects Mods.
    Last edited by alreadyded; September 02, 2011 at 03:54 PM.

Protestant Knight's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: Dawn of the Fourth Age ~ Beta 06 RELEASED ~ A magical adventure, full of magic and adventure!

WOW looking good + rep

Could spare a second and upload some Reunited Kingdom screenshots?

Borussia Dortmund fan

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Lord Revan View Post
    Alreadyded, first of all I want to congratulate you for your work. You are not only being creative but also trying to push the engine to its limits, so thanks for sharing it for the community's enjoyment.

Ive played some turns with the Reunited Kingdom and the campaign is really appealing. But, as you said many times, what you need now are bug reports to improve the Beta. So here are my 2 cents and sorry in advance if something has already been pointed out:

- Imrahil BG's are archer militia. I dont know if this is intended or just something you were trying and forgot to change, but IMHO Dol Amroth Knights fit a lot better for his BG, either mounted of on foot.

- Some vanilla script still kick in, like "the One Ring has been found".

- I dont know if it can be done better, but you are supposed to start the 4th Age campaign once the Ring is destroyed. You added those popups about Helms Deep battle or that the One Ring has been destroyed to add to the story, but they come after they happenned... Again, I guess if you put all the story together on the first turn it could be too much to read but... well, its not a big deal anyway.

- Question: why did you leave Theoden as King of Rohan to die in the first turn instead of having Eomer from the beggining, as it is when the mod starts? or are you still working on the date or how to present the Fourth Age? (I guess this is linked the the previous point)

- When you retrain some units, the pool does not increase the turns for next unit number. Not all of them (like boats and RK Militia work fine) but most of them suffer from this bug.

- You can not train the Fountain Guard in Minas Tirith. The Tower of Ecthelion is there, but still you can not have them.

- In the loading screen its says "Year 1 Third Age" instead of Fourth.

- When entering diplomatic relations with the High Elves, I failed to gain alliance and in the center message (that tells you what they think at the current proposal) it said something like "the Dark Lord does not think an alliance is a good idea" or something like that. This added to the fact that they have orc voices (but you have posted a fix for that one)

I guess this is it for now, but I'll post more if I can find. Sorry I have no the skills nor the time to help you actually doing something with the Mod.

Cheers!
    From the first post "This campaign begins at the end of the Third Age before the fall of Sauron, and continues on into the beginning, or Dawn of the Fourth Age."

The first four turns take place at the end of the TA, then the one ring is destroyed (along with Mordor). So turn five is actually the beginning of the Fourth Age.

As for the voices, they are not a priority but will be fixed before 1.0 is released.

I haven't figured out how to change the TA to FA for the date, I will change it when I find out.

All scripts should be fixed with the new Beta, so no more finding the one ring in the FA.

I will check out and fix all the other bugs you mentioned, thanks.
    Last edited by alreadyded; September 03, 2011 at 09:57 PM.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    Could spare a second and upload some Reunited Kingdom screenshots?
    They are the same units in the arnor roster.

sanderman2's Avatar Centenarius

Have you already made pictures for the unit cards? in 0.6?
    if not you should be working on that.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

I install all the files and delet the ireland, russia... files but nothing happens! Still just same old tatw
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Can anyone confirm or deny that the AI is doing a better job of keeping settlements garrisoned than in vanilla? Has anyone even noticed the garrison script missing? Or is it making the game too easy?
    Last edited by alreadyded; September 04, 2011 at 06:32 PM.

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

I just started a fourth age campaign with reunited kingdom, it's working fine but mordor doesnt get destroyed

Quote Originally Posted by killersmurf View Post
    I just started a fourth age campaign with reunited kingdom, it's working fine but mordor doesnt get destroyed
    Uh oh... I guess I will have to make the rebel army that kills off Mordor even stronger. Every game I have tested they die, are you playing on VH/VH and Huge Unit settings? I would recommend starting a new game, unless you want to wipe Mordor out manually.

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

Oh i wasnt playing on vh/vh, ill start a new campaign

I have only ever designed and tested it on VH/VH so I have no idea what affect it has when changed. You can probably get away with changing the battle difficulty, but the campaign difficult most likely has to be set to VH to work as intended. The unit sizes probably have to be set to huge as well or the creature unit numbers and balancing might get all messed up.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Mhaedros View Post
    I install all the files and delet the ireland, russia... files but nothing happens! Still just same old tatw
    I think I know what happens to you. The installer will automatically add ".../Third_Age" in the end of the path you chose to install. I had the same mistake so I would point to my Third_Age folder but the nstaller would add another Third_Age and I ended up with something like this: "...\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age\Third_Age". It took me a while to figure out. The solution is point to your Third_Age folder and then remember to delete the other Third_Age that the installer creates.