Thread: Nasty problem with tech tree

Default Nasty problem with tech tree

I was waiting in eager expectation to receive my award of percussion shells tech, but it is no available even though I have built the damn engineer school... and besides - tech icons seem to be swapped - shrapnel looks like sheath lead cartridges, though the latter seems to remain the same. but the most annoying thing - I can't research percussion shells... and they are my dream in a dream - the ULTIMATE killer!!
    elp... please elp

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Default Re: Nasty problem with tech tree

Quote Originally Posted by Giurza View Post
    I was waiting in eager expectation to receive my award of percussion shells tech, but it is no available even though I have built the damn engineer school... and besides - tech icons seem to be swapped - shrapnel looks like sheath lead cartridges, though the latter seems to remain the same. but the most annoying thing - I can't research percussion shells... and they are my dream in a dream - the ULTIMATE killer!!
    elp... please elp
    Do me a favor, if you would; screenshot your tech tree and post it up here so I can see what you see!

What version of APE: TI? v1.0.9 or RC1?
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

most certainly my dear sir
    I am using 1.09
    here is the screenie: (p.s. - icon of shrapnel shot seams to be ok now...)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.us]Image

EDIT:
    oh, and one more thing - why has square formation been disabled for grenadiers? are there any historical grounds for that? if not, how can I do it manually?
    Last edited by Giurza; October 16, 2010 at 06:00 AM.

With it being v1.0.9 I am sure there are issues with the tech tree that were discovered and corrected. Percussion caps most likely used to rely on a tech that has now been moved or changed.

Techs are done by unit class and almost never by specific units so square formation may not exist for grenadier units.

The RC1 is the current version!

thank you dear sir!

thank you dear sir!
    No problem -- if you see any issues like this if and when you decide to upgrade, let us know!

Also, let me know if the tech unlocks when you research all of the arty techs.

I'll do that! now there is only shrapnel left. p.s. - is it possible that percussion tech might be linked with non-arty tech?

(double post only to alert sir l33tl4m3r that I have news please merge it with my pre-last post)
    yeah! shrapnel research did it! I do have percussion tech now! thanks for advice.
    p.s. coul you tell me how to mod fleet admirals promotion back into game?
    Last edited by l33tl4m3r; October 18, 2010 at 04:15 PM.

No need to mod it! There is a switch in your TI_Prefs.lua file. That file is located in your Empire folder in the TerraIncognita folder.

Edit the file with notepad and find;

disable_promote_button = true

...and change it to;

disable_promote_button = false.

Done!

Let me know if you have any trouble.
    Last edited by l33tl4m3r; September 11, 2015 at 02:34 AM.

thank you! I'll do that (mainly because of admiral thingy, otherwise I think that disabling promotion was good idea)
    oh and I did have some problems with Hotfix APETI patch (eastern elite units something or other) without it game run fine, but as soon as it was installed - CTD on game loading screen. so I spat on it and played without. but what could have been wrong I wonder?

thank you! I'll do that (mainly because of admiral thingy, otherwise I think that disabling promotion was good idea)
    oh and I did have some problems with Hotfix APETI patch (eastern elite units something or other) without it game run fine, but as soon as it was installed - CTD on game loading screen. so I spat on it and played without. but what could have been wrong I wonder?
    It could be a batch file issue; when the batch file loads more than 10 packs it crashes Empire.

That did happen in some of the old HOTFIX patches and was corrected in the RC1.

Finish your campaign and upgrade!

When you do, test the arty tech tree for me, if you would be so kind!

I'm sorry for the most likely very simple answer, but what do you mean by RC1? I'm sorry to bother you, but I have thoroughly enjoyed this mod. However, percussion shells were on of my favorite items in the game. So if you could kindly direct me to where RC1 is, I would be most grateful.

So sorry I missed this!

So, back in '09, we were going to release APE: TI v1.1.0.

At the time you posted in '10, you were still on the old version APE: TI v1.0.9.

NOW, the RC1 (Release Candidate 1 for APE: TI v1.1.0), is just the standard APE: TI v1.1.0.

So you just have to upgrade to the current version, with the latest HOTFIX to fix this issue!