Thread: Odd bug for M:TW, everyone allies with each other

Default Odd bug for M:TW, everyone allies with each other

A quite unusual bug but it's a game breaker really, because in about 100 turns the only people that were ever at war were the Germans and French, they didn't even attack me (the English) which they usually almost always do.

Any ideas? The only thing I can think of is that I applied the fix for it to work on Windows 7. :s

Default Re: Odd bug for M:TW, everyone allies with each other

I would start a new game. Maybe the problem will disappear. Usually 100 turns in the game the germans should have been excommunicated and already destroyed for the first (and sometimes even the second) time.

Annoying bug, i just started a campaign as the irish and all the factions have allied eachother. Noone even attacks the rebels now =.=.
    Xerrop you are right there though it seems to be different every campaign. I have found that with XL mod the problem basically doesn't exist at all because of the amount of factions, they are all hell-bent on exterminating eachother.
    Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh

Axalon's Avatar She-Hulk wills it!

Hi guys,

In short… Save… Close… Restart game & load save… (Possibly restart PC, to reset cache). Hopefully things will get better after that….

Otherwise as already stated, start a new campaign and it usually does the trick. Some campaigns turn out like that - others don’t. And so it goes (including mods I would imagine). Personally I would not categorize these circumstances as a bug, if it is, then it is a small one compared with others in MTW. Anyhow, alliances all over won’t last forever – that’s my experience.

Here is another thought, if you guys don’t like peace - do consider going to war on your own…
    You will probably get some dirty mayhem in no time…

- Cheers
    Last edited by Axalon; October 23, 2010 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Correction...

Quote Originally Posted by Axalon View Post
    Hi guys,

In short… Save… Close… Restart game & load save… (Possibly restart PC, to reset cache). Hopefully things will get better after that….

Otherwise as already stated, start a new campaign and it usually does the trick. Some campaigns turn out like that - others don’t. And so it goes (including mods I would imagine). Personally I would not categorize these circumstances as a bug, if it is, then it is a small one compared with others in MTW. Anyhow, alliances all over won’t last forever – that’s my experience.

Here is another thought, if you guys don’t like peace - do consider going to war on your own…
    You will probably get some dirty mayhem in no time…

- Cheers
    I think that allying somehow changes the ai strategy a bit. If i removed the initial agents would this make it more interesting? Hmmm. Also, high and late periods, late especially, seem to be a ton more violent because of the easy availability of units and a whole bunch of stagnant empires (ie byzantines and germans).
    The mind boggles
    Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh

Axalon's Avatar She-Hulk wills it!

Hi CG,

Quote Originally Posted by CenturyGamer View Post
    I think that allying somehow changes the ai strategy a bit.
    Yup, you might be right. Don’t think anybody knows this for sure, I don’t. As long as there is no verifiable info or any proper means to get that solid info – I don’t think we ever will. It would make some sense however.

If i removed the initial agents would this make it more interesting?
    I was thinking the same thing a few years back. I can’t remember the exact details, but I have a faint memory that MTW crashed, froze or something like that. Anyhow, it would only last a few turns since the AI would still do the “alliance routine” ASAP with Princesses, or build some Emissaries or Bishops etc. etc. – which ever it got its dirty little hands on first… As far as I can tell; AI-factions are usually keen on alliances at start up (even implausible ones).

Also, high and late periods, late especially, seem to be a ton more violent because of the easy availability of units and a whole bunch of stagnant empires (ie byzantines and germans).
    Yup, more troops usually means a more daring AI. I think (speculate) that the amount of available troops and their quality (including upgrades) is an important factor for how aggressive an AI-faction gets – if we also consider the power circumstances along the factions borders (how much troops are stationed in bordering regions etc.). If there is a local superiority in troops (and in their quality), it is very likely that the AI gets aggressive and expands (at the expense of its weakest neighbors of course – who else? I always maintained that the AI is a coward ).

Also, rebel territory is usually a more popular target then a regular faction for the AI (on general terms, wealth of a province is also a factor somehow). Depending on how factions (and the amount of these) are distributed on the map – you probably will get some usual reoccurring initial scenarios. Mod or no mod, I think this happens all over, in some cases more then others. Again, this is essentially the experience Iv’e had…

- Cheers
    Last edited by Axalon; October 25, 2010 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Mo stuff!