Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Sub-Mod Feedback and Suggestions

triarri's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Suggestions for new sub-mods-and what do you think of the ones we already have?

i like the mods causa belli and the AUM, they are both great for additional units, personally i would like to see more individuality among the factions and also more unit sub mods. thanks,

Triarri

mAIOR's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Suggestions for new sub-mods-and what do you think of the ones we already have?

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Tango12345♔ View Post
    I will say that they are not "fantasy" units. The bomb ketch is perfectly suitable for the time period, though it was only ever used in ship to shore bombardments. The rocket ship was only experimental, but was very real. The steam frigate however is way out of the time frame.
    Bomb ketches were only used in shore bombardments... Not possible in ETW though so they're not accurate in that sense. Ah if only we could add new ships... Any recent breakthrough on that kind of files?

Cheers...

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

"Inaccurate" is different from "fantasy"-fantasy implies they never existed.

No, there has been no break

mAIOR's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Tango12345♔ View Post
    "Inaccurate" is different from "fantasy"-fantasy implies they never existed.

No, there has been no break
    You got a point there. Shame about the ships though. IT could make the game so much better. Really CA should be ashamed of themselves...

Cheers...

triarri's Avatar Civis

oh and i have been thinking this only struck me in my prussian campaign. what about a proper revoloution? i mean with larger armies that get bigger over time like the rebelions when you are the rebels you are not constricted to the capital region what do you think?

I would like to see more special units in use of major factions. Good example is Spain - they have a lot of special, individual(and elite) units. Austria also have some because of royal hungarian battalions, but the rest seems quite too simple. Ok, we have some special line infantry units in prussian and french army, but it's still usual line infantry.
    I mean it's boring when composition of army looks like that: "Hmm, let's see. Line infantry, line infantry, line infantry, oh, howitzers, line infantry, cuirassiers, and... what a suprise - line infantry"
    Currently spanish army is the most powerful force in the game, because of many special units(AUM 3.2).

Tia's Avatar Primicerius

I would like too see an emergent Finnish faction, replacing the rarely seen ones like Colombia. Or just replacing Malta.

mattebubben's Avatar Senator

i would love a Submod to inprove the Naval warfare.
    The naval warfare in Darthmod it good in most Aspects but there are some Major problems.
    The ships are just as Soft as in vanilla but instead of making them harder like they should be darthmod just Reduces Accuracy.
    So 60-80% of cannons will miss on max range and thus kind of making up for the Soft ships.
    but its not realistic and it makes the Naval warfare not all that good if u ask me atleast.
    i have not played 6.95 yet so if it is changed there i do now know.
    otherwise i would love if it could be inproved Either in the Main mod or as a submod.
    Bethencourt has alot of experience with good Naval Combat for Etw and Ntw.
    or u could just ask him if u could use his The Rebellion’s Shipyard mod
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=284007

Thank you.
    Last edited by mattebubben; July 09, 2011 at 04:54 AM.

I would like to see Mamelukes in the early campaign as a playable proctorate of the Ottoman empire, with it's capital in Cairo. I would like to see the Mamlukes as an independent faction with their capital in Cairo in the late campaign.

I would like to see this as their republic flag:

Finally I would like the faction to be called "Egypt". Historically, when a revolution happened against the Mamlukes they became a constitutional monarchy. And later they became a republic with that flag.

soveliss99's Avatar Civis

Maybe this idea is a bit big but, what about the Cossack uprising of 1650's? could that be done. possible cut down the map to size if it is moddable. It would be awesome!

How can I make a small battle AI modification which slows down the reaction time and slows down the number of moves the AI makes in X period of time in moving units around in battle; so I don't have to constantly pause the game to react to the instantaneously fast computer which instantaneously responds to what I do so I have to pause and instantaneously respond to what the computer does.

I want a more relaxed, slower battle where I don't have to pause the game, not one that feels like everything is rushed like I'm playing Starcraft.

I've been looking at these files ON file, OFF file, TRANS file, GC file, what the heck are these? Not exactly notepad files, dang.

A high frequency badboy rating (what it is now), in addition (added on top) to a low frequency badboy rating (long term, you conquer half of Europe in 40 years and the world should be your enemy). And if you trade territory away your badboy goes away.
    Last edited by Buggsy; August 26, 2011 at 08:57 PM.

I have an idea for a new sub mod which makes all surviving factions playable in the late campagin of DMUC also scrap the many varieties of line infantry and replace with all new named regiments and maybe make US militia stronger and also make Etw AUM compatible with DMUC
    Last edited by CaptainJack; August 27, 2011 at 08:40 AM. Reason: had a new idea

nevermind:

A Mod for Med2 Kingdoms:

THERA:REDUX

Click here:
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/thera-redux

It would be nice a sub mod that works the uprising campaign because right now its sucks!I mean every european against indians?What the ?I prefer the original warpath campaign!

Personally I would really like to see a naval battle sound sub-mod for DMUC incorporating the sounds of the guns from the Master and Commander movie. To be honest, I'm surprised I haven't found someone who has done this already, I guess not that many people have heard of the movie. For me Master and Commander was one of the first things that came to mind when I saw my first ETW naval battle.

No way-copyright issues. I can think of two master and commander music mods that have been removed.
    Last edited by Tango12345; November 14, 2011 at 03:02 AM.

Hmm I hadn't considered that. I find that odd considering that half the music in the movie has existed for centuries...

Still, I think it would be nice to change the naval gun sounds. Darthmod's cannons are infinitely better than vanilla's, granted, but I think they kind of lack that deep, thunderous bass that is more befitting of a war ship's guns at sea.

I would like to see the mass fire frome the ACW-mod insted of volly fire befor you reserch the fire by line. I really dont like the volly fire.

TotalWarker's Avatar Ordinarius

If a no-forts option could be brought back in that would be of great interest

I would just like to make it clear that this is an unofficial thread for people to suggest sub-mods, it is not the place to suggest changes to the actual DarthMod, as many recent suggestions seem to imply. That is the job of the main feedback thread in the main forum. Please make your suggestions more clear. Also, please bear in mind that many of those who used to produce these sub-mods have moved on, and so it may well be that your request is not looked into.