Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [RTW AAR] Rebirth of an Empire:A Seleucid AAR

Maxent's Avatar Civis

Default [RTW AAR] Rebirth of an Empire:A Seleucid AAR

I`m going to give an AAR a shot

I`ll be playing on m/m as the Seleucid empire,it will be RTW vanilla

please feel free to give advice or constructive criticism(this is my first AAR)

Introduction
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

From Antiochus the Seleucid leader

I Look out at the sandy desert, I marvel at its great expanse, and the silence.I hear Nothing but the gentle breeze,but it is as the saying goes,the calm before the storm,for i know the tide of war has swept through these deserts before,the blood of brave men has been spilt in these sands,and i know that wars will be fought on these sands again.
    There will be war for as long as there are men who desire power,who desire to conquer all.
    Alexander did that, His Army conquered all in his way,he had the world at his feet.
    But Alexander is dead,his empire has faded.
    But perhaps there can be a new Conqueror,someone who will defeat all that stands in his way,someone who will pick up the shield and the sword and bring his people to glory...perhaps that person is me

Chapter 1

So time to set to the task

We First Lift the taxes where possible,much income will be needed if we are to conquer the world

We then look to our frontier provinces are garrison them,for if it comes to war then we will be prepared

We are soon approached by an Armenian diplomat, we accept his generous offer

it is now time for war,and these pitiful rebel think they can get in our way

Our men rout another unit of these rebels and then take a glance of the prize of this battle - the Mausoleum of Halicarnassus,then they fight all the harder knowing what the can achieve for the Seleucid

The battle is won and we claim the Wonder as our own

this Wonder Displays the Seleucids greatness,and will hopefully send a message to our enemies - that we will defeat them

My Seleucid AAR

>>>>http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=395714<<<<

Due to recent cutbacks,the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

Grouchio's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: [RTW AAR] Rebirth of an Empire:A Seleucid AAR

Try this under RS2 Instead! (if you can) Because that way, you'll get way more viewers like me!

Nah, no need for that.
    Other than it being very picture heavy, I like it. More pics of battles and less of what can be explained with words would make it more balanced.

The people will love you if you use RSII... That's all I'm saying...
    Because who'll listen to YET ANOTHER VANILLA AAR when there are better mods out there for good AAR use? NOBODY!
    If there is proof you need, here it is...

Alternatively we could discuss the merits of XGM or XC or EB or... whatever, over RSII. Or whatever. Just look at Decimus Milo's Numidian campaign as an example of how a vanilla AAR can be amazing.

Good luck for your AAR.
    Letīs see how your game will develop. Have also started a vanilla Seleucid campaign last week.

@sir naked emperor: an AAR lives from the story or interesting campaigns - not only superior graphics.

Maxent's Avatar Civis

Chapter 2

The day of war is here,these foul Armenians think they can take our villages,they think wrong,we quickly gather forces and and march to war

We meet their forces outside the city

we manage to kill much of their troops but their fast moving horse archers escape as well as more of their troops.We are disappointed with this but their forces are weak and scattered and our town is safe...for now

we then march towards the parthian stronghold of Susa in the hope of severely damaging parthian progress

However the Parthians quickly respond sending their best troops including cataphracts and horse Archers

We new the battle would be tough facing Parthians never is easy...but little did we realize the senseless bloodbath that would come of this.
    We chased down their horse - archers with our fast moving cavalry, but the parthians, who are expert horse - archers could take down our troops while ,moving at high speeds.In the end all troops were fighting for their very lives.
    Unfortunately we lost our our noble general but who will be not forgotten for his body was surrounded by many parthian bodies

We will still press on with our task and plan to move into Egypt next

just for those who recommend a RS2 I will probably after do one after this please feel free to recommend any factions
    My Seleucid AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Xerrop View Post
    Good luck for your AAR.
    Letīs see how your game will develop. Have also started a vanilla Seleucid campaign last week.

@sir naked emperor: an AAR lives from the story or interesting campaigns - not only superior graphics.
    Combine both great story and great graphics to get something even better! It's that simple!

This looks like it's gonna be an awesome AAR. I'll be following this
    A Proud Diloist

-Finland rules
    -Hanoi Rocks rules
    -Eastern factions kick ass

Maxent's Avatar Civis

Chapter 3

Well enemies certainly are not something we`re short of

These Egyptians think of taking our territories we quickly march our armies towards them

We use quick cavalry to swiftly take down their many missile troops

Then with the rest of their army routing we use our terrifying elephants to hit their remaining troops in the flanks

unfortunately some of their troops escape
    And in the last moments of the battle they manage to make our elephants run amok

Back in Asia minor Wars with Pontus and The Greeks begin,we send troops to the Greek stronghold of Pergamun and troops to engage the small Pontic force

The Pontic Army decides to flee instead of face us

Egypt then decide to seek revenge for their earlier defeat

this time we make sure they all die including their "noble leader"

Well as of now we`re at war with all tribes bordering us so i guess you could say diplomacy has failed
    My Seleucid AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Diomede View Post
    Alternatively we could discuss the merits of XGM or XC or EB or... whatever, over RSII. Or whatever. Just look at Decimus Milo's Numidian campaign as an example of how a vanilla AAR can be amazing.
    Thanks Diomede.

I'll be following this AAR, Seleucid campaigns are always interesting due the sheer variety of their troops and trying to stop the Empire dying a death of a thousand cuts. Make sure you trample the Ptolemaics into a fine paste, they're always the biggest threat to the Seleucids. My Numidians received an offer of alliance from the Seleucids, which we took - only to find them on the wrong end of a beating from the Egyptians.

MrManFreak's Avatar Libertus

i think you need more details ,more writing and not trust so much in images and last and less important it would be cool if the unit scale was at large(or huge),anyway the seleucids are my favorite faction so i wish you good luck .

Maxent's Avatar Civis

I`ll try to take all advice into account with my next update which will be in the next few days i hope
    My Seleucid AAR

Pretty interesting, I bet I could tell a tale, to busy modding right now though
    Kingdoms Crusade Factions Mod v1.1
    download link
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1725

6000+ downloads still counting.

Kingdoms Crusade Factions Mod v1.0 is my 7th mod, counting 8 so far
    here is the download link.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1721

ChivalrousKiller's Avatar Domesticus

Good start

The Seleucids are one of the coolest factions in RTW

Maxent's Avatar Civis

I know its been a while since my last update so this is quite big

Chapter 4

Agathocles gathers his army and marches for Armenia.As he marches nearer Armenian territory he is soon confronted By Captain Kudurmabug of Armenia

It is likely this could turn into a costly battle, when fighting horse-archers high losses are always expected

We quickly manage to rout their infantry with our hoplites

Seeing most of their army routing the Armenian Horse-archers decide to retreat rather than continue the fight

We end up crushing the Armenians

Meanwhile our great leader Antiochus gathers his battle-hardened soldiers and marches towards the Egyptian town of Sidon.We lay siege to the town in the hope of delivering a blow to Egypt

In the east we Assault the parthian city Susa.

We quickly manage to take the gateway and we head for the center plaza

The Parthians fight down to the last man but eventually we slay their general and end the battle with another victory for the Seleucids

Harsh times call for harsh punishment and the occupants of Susa are forced to feel Greek fury unleashed

Back in Asia minor Polypercohon of Epiphaneia leads an assault against the people of Pontus

Their poor quality Infantry are easy to rout

However their heavy cavalry gets through our lines and nearly manages to rout our Rodians.
    Our general turns and chases down their cavalry,because of this however we didn`t have any missiles or cavalry so many of their units get away

The Parthians,no doubt looking for revenge for the loss of Susa lay Siege to Seluecia

We kill their general and that pretty much brings the battle to a close

Egypt in an attempt to stop the siege of Sidon launch an Army at us

it becomes a bloody battle, our line of Infantry nearly falls against the first Egyptian Army but a cycle of charge and withdraw with our general manages to rout their spearmen.

We don`t have many troops left by the time the second army arrives but we use what we can and we eventually prevail

We capture Sidon and with the loss of over 800 troops gave Egypt a major setback

we are now the greatest faction to walk to earth,egypt however are second and even now are planning our downfall

My Seleucid AAR

Benz282's Avatar Vicarius

Those are some nice victories. Don't let this die!

GL mate. I'm also going to be following this.

I was once an Angel of Total War Heaven, but gave up my wings for a life on the sea of battle.

Maxent's Avatar Civis

Sorry I`ve been busy as of late i`ll get the next update up in te next 24hrs
    My Seleucid AAR

Maxent's Avatar Civis

this update is pretty short so I`ll try to have another tomorrow

CHAPTER

We are met once again by war.This time we face the Greek City states lead by Eumenes of Sparta

The gates are Pergamon are opened and the men of greece march towards our soldiers

As they march near us our fabled warriors of Crete rain death upon them.Man after man falls under the hailstorm of arrows.

We then set alight our arrows to break the morale of the remaining troops.

Alexander orders his men forward into the Town.Our hoplites race to the center of the town.Eumenes himself attempts to halt the charge of our men but his efforts are useless

Pergamon is ours our The Greek cities have been driven out of Asia minor

Meanwhile deep within the expanse of the Arabian desert Demetrius brings Hellenic law upon the town of Palmyr

Tragedy,Our great and noble leader is dead,but his legacy,and dream for Seleucid dominance will live.In Antiochus` dying moments Demetrius takes his fathers sword and vows to finish what Antiochus started.As Demetrius marches to meet his subjects Antiochus knows his empire is in the hands of a noble and great general

Once more we turn our attention to Armenia.Cavalry from Selucia marches night and
    day and meets Armenia in the battlefield north of Hatra

Once more Greek courage triumphs

As of now Pontus,Partia and Armenia are severely weakened however Ptolomies are still as strong as ever

My Seleucid AAR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast