Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: [RS 2.1a] Seleucid Unit Expansion Version 2

Default Re: [RS 2.1a] Seleucid Unit Expansion Version 2

no matter...i'm making a new version of this patch for 2.6 rel. but it will be a bit different: first of all instead of removing roman units, i've reorganized the EDU unifying some other units in one entry ( like ptolemaic and seleucid hetairoi or pergamon and seleucid thorakitai argyraspides f.e. ) and succeeding, at the same time, in preserving their general identity in each roster, so i've got 5-6 slots free. Therafter, i've made the galatian champion a specific unit for the ptolemaic roster, as an elite one, so i've renamed them similarly as the EB "galatikoi klerouchoi". I've made the pontic allied phalangitai available even for pergamon as medium tier phalanx too, and last but not least, the judean hundred fighters recruitable both from ptolemaics and seleucids in jerusalem.

All this stuff ( and more ) will be ready in the next 1/2 weeks, then i'd find a server to upload it on so that you can enjoy this new version

PS: i'm still uncertain about adding another unit to the seleucid roster and on a general unit stats rebalancement ( f.e., and IMHO, some factions and/or some units are underpowered, like carthage - above all sacred band - pontus - elite thorakitai - and armenia - dismounted nakharars and kentronakan spearmen ). Obviously i'd appreciate any suggestion from you
    Last edited by sftonix; December 14, 2014 at 11:31 AM.

Hey have you you completed this mod yet? because I am really excited to use my Hetairoi Cataphracts again.

NightEye's Avatar Ordinarius

Holy Crap, it's been 5 years since I started this? Hello there, it me. I'm sorry that I basically dropped out of the map all of a sudden. Basically, stuff happened in real life and i had to focus all my energies on them. By the time I got things settled, which roughly 2 and a half years ago, I found myself burnt out of Total War in general. Poor excuse, I'm sure, on count of me leaving this without saying at least something back then. For that I'm really sorry for leaving this mod out to dry.

Anyway, aside from apologizing, I'm letting it out that I'm considering reviving this mod. I have no definite plans yet but my basic aim is to get the Seleucid Unit Expansion up-to-date first and foremost. Other than that though, I'm open for suggestions. Ideas for new units and other sub-mods to that would be good to try at least to integrate. I won't guarantee all suggestions will make into the new version, but I do promise to look into each one.

As of now, I'm basically reconnecting with RS2 and RTW in general, playing the game since it's been ages since I last played RTW. As well as relearning how to mod the game.
    Dvk, Tone (I'm not sure if he's still active or not) and the rest of the RS team, awesome work as always. Hopefully I will be able to match the quality of your work this time around.
    War... War never changes
    Made in Heaven
    Every time you think you've seen it all, life decides to toss several WTF moments at you all over again.

[RS 2.1a] Seleucid Unit Expansion V2

is this compatible with rs 2.6?

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112