Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: TROM2 - Technical difficulties (NEW: Installation Guide)

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: TROM2 - Technical difficulties (NEW: Installation Guide)

Hi, just trying your mod out. During the campaign I dont have the bigger unit sizes. during a single player battle they are there around 320 or so. The thing that bugs me too is line units vary in sizes. Is this normal?

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

here is what I am looking at. Is this right? This is with 50--1.5 uniy multiplier

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

By airborneguy at 2011-06-13

Last edited by airborne guy; June 13, 2011 at 04:53 AM.

Sorry, but your pics are too small. I don't see anything. You should have the same unit sizes in custom battles and in new (!) campaigns. With 50% increase most line units should be 300 men strong, but some nations have bigger or smaller sizes.

And the Fusilier Attack Column has more men than a normal unit of infantry

Hi,

I have a major problem: at battle loading screen TROM II crashes. It even crashed once on the credits screen with the title, in the beginning when starting the game.

This is how my mod manager looks like (in this specific order):

Brigs Drum&Bugle mod
    TROM2 xl unit sizes submod 25 (and yes, I changed the multiplier too)
    much less rebels mod (but it is unchecked)
    trom2 winter unifroms (unchecked)
    trom2 BSM all in one submod
    trom2 easier economy submod
    trom2 polish minimod (made by Yarkis himself, makes Polish units recruitable in Torino from beginning campaign)
    trom2 core
    trom2 enable 1805 campaign
    trom2 enable 1812 campaign (unchecked)
    trom2 extras

I also have a few minimods installed: the lancer animation mod (they switch to sabers), officer animation mod(looking through scope etc.), no campaign borders mod, cavalry charge mod (cavalry punches through lines realistically). But I don't think the issue is with these minimods because they're not in the mod manager and I've already tried removing them and then starting up but no luck. Also, I deleted these minimods above and started the game but when I try to load a save game I saved earlier on (when these minimods were still in the data folder) the game even crashes on campaign loading screen.

I've changed the startpos (I only changed some victory conditions) but that can't be the issue either as the game crashed on battle loading screen and not in campaign mode or during campaign loading.

I've also tried a new game, thought maybe something was wrong with my savegame but again crashes on battle screen.

NEVER MIND, IGNORE MY POST. EVERYTHING SEEMS IN ORDER FOR NOW. APPARENTLY THERE WAS ANOTHER FILE IN THE DATA FOLDER THAT CAUSED THE CRASHES.
    Last edited by KamilW; June 21, 2011 at 01:57 PM.

Saddletank's Avatar Tiro

Hi guys

I've got the extras pack installed but I find the extra battle smoke a bit too dense (I always turn off the floating flags as I find these a big distraction from the immersion) and my units are quite hard to find if there's a big firefight going on in a forest

How do I take the smoke out? I see its a part of the mod that removes tracers too which I definitely don't want to see.

Thanks for any help.

La Bestia Von Garlet's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Yarkis de Bodemloze View Post
    Here is the trom2_text.pack only. If this still does not work, make a pic of the data directory and attach it to your post.
    Hi Yarkis, after some months I could get back to play Napoleon.
    Sadly the problem with the text persists.
    I attached a pic of my data folder, please take a look at it and tell me if you see anything that could help me fix this issue.
    Thank you.

edit: I tried removing the file NapMod.pack, but no solution. It came with some patches I installed.
    Last edited by La Bestia Von Garlet; July 06, 2011 at 09:06 AM.

debux's Avatar Senator

Hey, I'm sorry to post here about my problem, but I can't find the "trom2_text" file in the modmanager. I don't think it was adequate to ask in the link you have provided to ask for technical difficulties (the NTW Modmanager thread), but since this was specific to this mod, I thought it would be best to ask here. I did a whole clean install, followed all the steps (I think so, I doubled checked in any case), but I still can't see the .pack file in the modmanager (Yes, it is in the "/data" folder of NTW). However, I can see it when I click "Show all pack types", and it's classified under "Movie packs"... what did I do wrong? I even tried doing "Control+C/+V" but no avail (Yes, I'm very eager to play TROM2 again).
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

That's all right. It has to be a movie pack otherwise it won't work. Therefore it does not show up in the mod manager. Just make shure that there is no other text pack from other mods in the data directory.

debux's Avatar Senator

Okay, found out what it was. I looked into "show all pack types" and notices there was an NTW3 pack on the same category as "trom2_text". So after moving it somewhere else, I finally got all the text back. Thanks for the help anyways, even if it was a stupid mistake
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

quick question....

flags...

i've seen in videos for this mod that the French and other factions ahve different flags instead of just the plain tricolours, same goes for the Russians et cetera..

Also, the music played by troops... I've not really noticed anything different from vanilla......

These little environmental changes would be brilliant... Or have I just screwed up my load order / is there a conflict? For I have only the trom2 features activated in my mod manager..

Edit: I posted this same query in the bug reports thread, as I think it may be more relevant there... I will however check both for your responce... cheers!
    Last edited by RequeteMiltiaman; August 22, 2011 at 08:02 AM.

Laetus

help me please, i have tried everything you said, i have copied the all the files to napolean data folder and edited the script correctly and even tried with mode maneger but the trom 2 crashes when i start the campaign , i dont know what to do.

SirHiggins's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by La Bestia Von Garlet View Post
    I attached a pic of my data folder, please take a look at it and tell me if you see anything that could help me fix this issue.
    Thank you.

edit: I tried removing the file NapMod.pack, but no solution. It came with some patches I installed.
    I know it's a littlebit old post, but i've got the same problem, any solution?

SirHiggins's Avatar Libertus

ok, problem solved

Quote Originally Posted by La Bestia Von Garlet View Post
    Thank you.

Hi all, it is "my_Naploc.pack" that's causing the text problem. Try deleting or renaming the file. Great mod by the way and many thanks.

Hello
    Is steam necessary to play trom2?
    If yes is there a way around?
    I get CTD after the first splash screen, used both mod manager and manual userscript editing!

should I update version 1.00 of vanilla?

You should have a working patched up game.

thanks

Hey guys,

I've been trying to install TROM 2 for 3 days not, to no avail. I've deinstalled and reinstalled vanilla multiple times, I tried almost everything to get it working, using the script method or MM. But it stil doesn't work. Can someone please help me? I've got a fully updated NTW, with the peninsular campaign, so that can't be the problem. If you guys need additional info, just say it, because I'm pretty new to Total War mods.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast