Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: TROM2 - Technical difficulties (NEW: Installation Guide)

Default Re: TROM2 - Technical difficulties

You need to copy the "campaigns" folder from the archive and replace the one your game has with it. You should find the folder in Steam/steamapps/common/napoleon total war/data.

Hey, I copied all the files into my data directory, and overwrote the files. I started modmanager, and checked the trom2 pack files. Do I need to check any others? Cuz its not working, as soon as I press launch, an error message saying NTW has stopped working, and the only option is to close the program. What am I doing wrong?

Does the game start with the modmanager without having anything checked?

Default Re: TROM2 - Technical difficulties (NEW: Installation Guide)

Well I have finish my Europe in conflict campaign not long ago and I just saw “TROM 2”. I remember enjoying this mod on Empire Total war and I couldn’t not resist to download it and install it. So far, it’s awesome like the first one, but with a little plus that help enjoy it more. My question is, not really a technical difficulty but it is technical. I try to modified the campaign_difficulty_handicap_effects in the trom2_easier_economy_submod to modified the setting to my liking, but I swim in the empty dark space of my ignorance. I was wondering those questions and if you could answer I will really be pleased and if you can’t, I will be fine with it!

So one, the difficulty table: what’s is what? -2=Easy? -1=Normal? 0=Hard? 1=Very hard? And in that case what’s 2?
    After the Difficulty table, there is unknown and below *True of False* table what’s the use of this?

And my last question, if I change something, would it affect only the player *difficulty* or the CAI too?

Thank you in advance for an answer. (For the two other table I have figure what are their purpose. But for the rest I am lost.)

Quote Originally Posted by Zekal View Post
    Well I have finish my Europe in conflict campaign not long ago and I just saw “TROM 2”. I remember enjoying this mod on Empire Total war and I couldn’t not resist to download it and install it. So far, it’s awesome like the first one, but with a little plus that help enjoy it more. My question is, not really a technical difficulty but it is technical. I try to modified the campaign_difficulty_handicap_effects in the trom2_easier_economy_submod to modified the setting to my liking, but I swim in the empty dark space of my ignorance. I was wondering those questions and if you could answer I will really be pleased and if you can’t, I will be fine with it!

So one, the difficulty table: what’s is what? -2=Easy? -1=Normal? 0=Hard? 1=Very hard? And in that case what’s 2?
    After the Difficulty table, there is unknown and below *True of False* table what’s the use of this?

And my last question, if I change something, would it affect only the player *difficulty* or the CAI too?

Thank you in advance for an answer. (For the two other table I have figure what are their purpose. But for the rest I am lost.)
    Welcome to TROM2! The difficulty levels for the player and the AI are defined by the first two rows like this:

CAI

2 false = Very Hard
    1 false = Hard
    0 false= Normal
    -1 false = Easy

Player

-2 true = Very Hard
    -1 true = Hard
    0 true = Normal
    1 true = Easy

Thank you for your enlightenment dear sire!

Groove74's Avatar Miles

Icon5 Re: TROM2 - Technical difficulties (NEW: Installation Guide)

Well after Hours of reading the tech page I still can't get my sound to work in TROM2.

I did a fresh install of core game and the trom2 I also tried the User file found in a thread about Muted game sounds? I also was sure to check the my Mod is installed in the correct order as posted in the install thread. I am using no other mod only trom2 and it assoc files.

I have no sound in battle or in world map!!!! and yes I did make sure my Drivers are up to date.
    I am out of ideas here would anyone on here have a clue???
    Monitor 23 in Widescreen HD Gateway 1680X1050
    OS Windows 7 64 bit.
    CPU AMD Phenom quad core 920 2.8 Ghz
    Graphics Radeon HD 5770 HD 1Gig..Ram HD
    Ram 4gig DDR2 1066 OCZ Fatality
    HDD 500Gig WD 7200RPM
    Mainboard Asus M3N78-VM

Quote Originally Posted by Groove74 View Post
    Well after Hours of reading the tech page I still can't get my sound to work in TROM2.

I did a fresh install of core game and the trom2 I also tried the User file found in a thread about Muted game sounds? I also was sure to check the my Mod is installed in the correct order as posted in the install thread. I am using no other mod only trom2 and it assoc files.

I have no sound in battle or in world map!!!! and yes I did make sure my Drivers are up to date.
    I am out of ideas here would anyone on here have a clue???
    The usual reason is that there is a old mod entry in the user script (a file that no longer exist).

Groove74's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Yarkis View Post
    The usual reason is that there is a old mod entry in the user script (a file that no longer exist).

ok I will try again to find that Script File in the game folder. I did not see a User Script file when I looked last time. I did download a script file I had found in a older thread. but I am not sure where to place it?
    OS Windows 7 64 bit.
    HDD 500Gig WD 7200RPM
    Mainboard Asus M3N78-VM

There is an instruction how to find the user script file in the first post.

Groove74's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Yarkis View Post
    There is an instruction how to find the user script file in the first post.

I t was late I must have missed it it, I'll go back a look it over again thanks.

Ok I have looked all over, I followed the instructions in the first post, I see no folder called %appata% I am using Win 7 So I followed this path!

C:\users\YOUR PROFILE NAME\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts

I get to C:\users\my name and then the rest of it is no where to be found??

my game is a steam download dose that make a difference?
    Last edited by Groove74; January 24, 2011 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Updating info
    OS Windows 7 64 bit.
    HDD 500Gig WD 7200RPM
    Mainboard Asus M3N78-VM

I don't have Win7. Maybe the files are hidden. Anybody can help?

Start game once. (Without a fashion) after that there will be a folder.

Groove74's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by yantar007 View Post
    Start game once. (Without a fashion) after that there will be a folder.

Pardon me for not understanding here, What do you mean by Fashion? I assumed you ment to say Faction? If this be the case how would I start a game without one? As far as I can tell you have to pick one to even start a game?
    OS Windows 7 64 bit.
    HDD 500Gig WD 7200RPM
    Mainboard Asus M3N78-VM

Groove74's Avatar Miles

Icon4 Re: TROM2 - Technical difficulties (NEW: Installation Guide)

Ok so I finally Found the user Scripts. After looking it over this is what I have?

mod "trom2_XL_unit_size_submod_50.pack";
    mod "trom2_stronger_moral_effects_submod.pack";
    mod "trom2_BSM_Napoleon_All_in_One_submod.pack";
    mod "trom2_even_easier_economy_submod.pack";
    mod "trom2_core.pack";
    mod "trom2_enable_campaigns_01.pack";
    mod "trom2_extras.pack";

My game is still Mute?? Please help!!! I am using Mod manager
    OS Windows 7 64 bit.
    HDD 500Gig WD 7200RPM
    Mainboard Asus M3N78-VM

Groove74's Avatar Miles

Problem Solved: I found the issue had nothing to do with the mod at all. as I had stated before I had done a driver update, I found that the drive download was bad. I reinstalled my drivers and the mod all is good now.
    OS Windows 7 64 bit.
    HDD 500Gig WD 7200RPM
    Mainboard Asus M3N78-VM

Jom's Avatar A Place of Greater Safety
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

As you requested, Yarkis, here's a screenshot of my data folder. The game crashes immediately after the splash screen has loaded (i.e. before the appearance of any cut scenes).

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

"For what it’s worth: it’s never too late to be whoever you want to be. I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again."

Remove patch_NOW.pack and see if it works then. I guess it's from the NOW mod and may interfere if it's not a true mod pack file

Jom's Avatar A Place of Greater Safety
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Trust me to miss something so small and obvious. It works perfectly now. Thanks a lot, Yarkis, and sorry for wasting your time with such a stupid error.

"For what it’s worth: it’s never too late to be whoever you want to be. I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again."

Celtichugs123's Avatar Senator

Uhhh, why do I not have C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR PROFILE NAME\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts

???

EDIT: Sorry, I meant, User Scripts

EDIT: Okay, I think I have mastered it! However, could somone copy and paste their User Script to see if I am along the same lines? Though I know it may be a little different due to customization.

Thanks
    Last edited by Celtichugs123; March 02, 2011 at 11:34 AM.
    Vikingr

The Last Kingdom

“For myself, I find I become less cynical rather than more--remembering my own sins and follies; and realize that men's hearts are not often as bad as their acts, and very seldom as bad as their words.”
    - J.R.R Tolkien

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast