Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: The Custodian Guard (Adeptus Custodes)

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Default Re: The Custodian Guard (Adeptus Custodes)

How I do love the Coneheads Custodes.

Sanguinary Guardian's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Poach View Post
    How I do love the Coneheads Custodes.
    Seconded that, m8..

H ΕΛΛΑΔΑ κι ο ΕΛΛΗΝΙΣΜΟΣ είναι αξίες ιερότερες από οποιαδήποτε ειρήνη!

Despite all we have lost so far, our fire still burns...

They have the biggest hats. Therefore they are commiss- wait...

Even if people don't like the hats they are not the most ridiculous and impractical hats GW have ever made. Think Chaos Dwarves

One a side note the Custodes don't always wear the big hats. Look at these:

Last edited by Ulysses S. Grant; October 16, 2010 at 08:49 AM.
    Art //

Djûn's Avatar ॐमणिपद्मेहूँ

Main characters aren't allowed to wear helmets - it makes it easier to disassociate with them whilst the random faceless redshirts get thrown to the Warp

Carach's Avatar Dux Limitis

ye, reality would mostly require them to wear the helmets - why bother with all that armour if that squashy head of urs is just gonna get blown apart and ultimately kill u..

Quote Originally Posted by Carach View Post
    ye, reality would mostly require them to wear the helmets - why bother with all that armour if that squashy head of urs is just gonna get blown apart and ultimately kill u..
    True...

Actually, if anyone's read On Killing, a book about the psychology around warfare and killing, the author spoke of a scenario with the Romans and why they used those silly hats.

He said that those helmets had a psychological effect on the enemy that made them feel smaller than the wearer, it's shiny nature reflecting proffessionalism and elitism. It effectively encouraged submission in opponents(discreetly).

Though, in modern times, we've stopped consorting such helmets with fear and respect, because we know that anyone stupid enough to wear such a silly hat in a modern day warfare is more likely to get an airstrike called on the rest of his squad, or get first picked off by a sniper.
    "He who wishes to be the best for his people, must do that which is necessary - and be willing to go to hell for it."

Let the Preservation, Advancement and Evolution of Mankind be our Greater Good.

And NO, my avatar is the coat of arms from the Teutonic Knightly Order because they're awesome.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Appearance has long been used as a weapon of intimidation: the height trick continued to be used well into the gunpower era, when some units would wear tall hats to give off the impression of towering height: British Grenadiers, for example, recruited from naturally tall men and gave them tall hats to add even more height, making them appear huge to the enemy.

Lord of the Drunk Penguin's Avatar Tribunus

Quote Originally Posted by Poach View Post
    Appearance has long been used as a weapon of intimidation: the height trick continued to be used well into the gunpower era, when some units would wear tall hats to give off the impression of towering height: British Grenadiers, for example, recruited from naturally tall men and gave them tall hats to add even more height, making them appear huge to the enemy.
    If they happen to fight determined Serbian fighters, they'll just get their furry hats full of lead

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Of which era, Lord?

Any era !

Because some peoples on this Earth weren't petrified at the sight of British red and fur caps

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

Like the Serbians? I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
    Some day I'll actually write all the reviews I keep promising...

Quote Originally Posted by Manco View Post
    Like the Serbians? I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
    Ask a Serb

Sanguinary Guardian's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by SinerAthin View Post
    True...

Actually, if anyone's read On Killing, a book about the psychology around warfare and killing, the author spoke of a scenario with the Romans and why they used those silly hats.

He said that those helmets had a psychological effect on the enemy that made them feel smaller than the wearer, it's shiny nature reflecting proffessionalism and elitism. It effectively encouraged submission in opponents(discreetly).

Though, in modern times, we've stopped consorting such helmets with fear and respect, because we know that anyone stupid enough to wear such a silly hat in a modern day warfare is more likely to get an airstrike called on the rest of his squad, or get first picked off by a sniper.
    Who on Earth would call Roman Helmets silly?? Heresy...

H ΕΛΛΑΔΑ κι ο ΕΛΛΗΝΙΣΜΟΣ είναι αξίες ιερότερες από οποιαδήποτε ειρήνη!

Despite all we have lost so far, our fire still burns...

For anybody who hasn't noticed, i have updated the first and second chapters of my Story over in this thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=396368
    Art //

what on earth do the serbs have to do with british troops of the 18th century? serbia was not even a country then - u were under the sway of one of the most hilariously-clothed empires of recent times - the ottomans.

so may not have 'scared' serbs, but didn't make them fight any better thats for sure.
    Last edited by Carach; October 15, 2010 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SinerAthin View Post
    True...

TBH those medics with the cross on their helmets these days might as well paint a bullseye on it. theyre todays primary targets. and not wearing a retarded helmet doesnt mean they cant tell if you are an officer. thats what those funny stripes on your shoulders tell them.

what on earth do the serbs have to do with british troops of the 18th century? serbia was not even a country then - u were under the sway of one of the most hilariously-clothed empires of recent times - the ottomans.

so may not have 'scared' serbs, but didn't make them fight any better thats for sure.
    What westerners fail to grasp is that in the balkans people take this very seriously. now i advise people to stop talking about this before this thread derails into a flamewar.

Quote Originally Posted by |Sith|9|Lord_Max View Post
    What westerners fail to grasp is that in the balkans people take this very seriously. now i advise people to stop talking about this before this thread derails into a flamewar.
    I second this.
    Therefore I am I must - King of Dyslexia
    My Stories:Wolfmen - Henrick Gleeson - The Woman and the Bread Roll

You assume I'm Serbian , that's so cute

Quote Originally Posted by |Sith|9|Lord_Max View Post

What Max said is true and I approve. Cheers, mate !

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Drunk Penguin View Post
    You assume I'm Serbian , that's so cute
    i dont assume..i dont really care where another person is from.

put it down to my lazy typing when i say "u"

my point remains, however.