Page 5 of 255 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055105 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 3

Default Re: Mass Effect 3 - Cumulative Thread

I would rather see them just leave the series and move on to something else. Seriously, the best part of media (movies, games, and books primarily) is the end. That's why you're watching/playing/reading in the first place. To reach the end and find out what happened, and enjoy yourself along the way.
    Under the Patronage of Leonidas the Lion|Patron of Imperator of Rome - Dewy - Crazyeyesreaper|American and Proud

Quote Originally Posted by COGlory View Post
    I would rather see them just leave the series and move on to something else. Seriously, the best part of media (movies, games, and books primarily) is the end. That's why you're watching/playing/reading in the first place. To reach the end and find out what happened, and enjoy yourself along the way.
    The ME universe is too good T_T

Seriously, it's the most realistic and interesting sci-fi universe ever...

(not the best fantasy universe though.. that title goes to Middle earth.)

Yeah, but I'd hate to see the franchise turn into World of Warcraft or Call of Duty or Halo.
    Under the Patronage of Leonidas the Lion|Patron of Imperator of Rome - Dewy - Crazyeyesreaper|American and Proud

Halo doesn't have a bad setting at all. I think the Halo Universe is pretty cool.

Comes Domesticorum

Does Halo's story develop at all? I only played Halo 1 and the story was barely present.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavroforos View Post
    Does Halo's story develop at all? I only played Halo 1 and the story was barely present.
    from my experiences not in the game, the only one with a decent story was reach. I think the books do a decent job though, or so I have heard.

Vítor Gaspar's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Beregond View Post
    Remember reading somewhere that ME3 will be the end of Shepard's story, but not necessarily the end of ME universe
    I had this awesome idea!

Imagine, what if, and just what if, they decided to end Mass Effect after the third game but continue making games set on that universe? That would be awesome! Speaking of me I'd LOVE to have a game (perhaps a story-driven Splinter Cell-like game) set on Mass Effect's universe but right before humanity met aliens. You know, at the beginning of spacial exploration and colonization. Perhaps you could throw some corporational conspiracy story or something like that, related with human scientific research that made us able to get to the point we are in Mass Effect (a theme we came across in ME once in a while but that wasn't fully developed)

I can picture a Reach-esque first contact war game. Where you know you are destined to lose against Turian bastards but fight on nontheless.
    Alistair Yronwood - Lord of Yronwood, Warden of the Stone Way, Blood Royal

"Darkness? I was born in it...molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man. By then it was nothing to me but blinding! The shadows betray you because they belong to me!
    "But there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."

"You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks! "

There isn't much of an opportunity there. I mean the Turians popped in swept aside the colony and it's defenses with ease then the human counter attack knocked them away. Then they solves it diplomatically thanks to the council.

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

The real war they could expand on in a spin-off is the Rachni war. However, that would have a complete lack of humans, and thus is unlikely.
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

^Yeah thats kinda lame. I want a game starring blasto

I like my mass effect story to progress towards the future right after that thing with Shepard.

Speaking of ME3 are there anymore rumors or will they continue on with some more DLCS? Not that i mind Lair of the shadowbroker was wicked.

Here's the thing. They have a good chance of messing the series up if they keep making more games. Who wants that? They could end up destroying such a beautiful thing. People find a good game, and want more and more, until they've milked the franchise, and then it hits the dirt.

One of the reasons why, in my opinion, Deus Ex was so good.

In Mass Effect 3 the romantic interests for Shepard should be Legion, an elcor, Blasto, and Kaidan who has been turned into a husk. I think they should milk the franchise until it scrapes rock bottom.

I think they said they were making DLCs for ME2 but at a slower rate after LOTSB

Top-Tier-Tech's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by frontier-auxilia View Post
    Speaking of ME3 are there anymore rumors or will they continue on with some more DLCS? Not that i mind Lair of the shadowbroker was wicked.
    Just before Shadow Broker was released I read in an article with an interview with a Bioware rep that there is still more bridging DLC coming but it will be few and far between now. I expect perhaps 1 or 2 more between now and ME3.

Georgy Zhukov's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by squatlover View Post
    Back on subject on speculation on ME3, I think its a possibility that you will control a character other than Commander Shepherd. Considering that Shephard can have a permanent death at the end of ME2, shepherd may just become an NPC (like Solid Snake in MGS2) and you could have a selection of salarian/asari/krogan/turian main character, with occasional missions that you could control shepherd if he is still alive.
    So we spend two games and countless hours developing our Shepard's character and combat skills only to have him return as an NPC/a "Joker walking on the Normandy mission"?!?

Also, if I recall, the largest grip people had about MGS2 was that you had to play that sissy raiden instead of snake so I doubt they would replace a story about shepard

I think the plot definitely will be centred about Haestrom and how the sun has been altered to facilitate the return of the reapers.
    That doesn't even make sense

Hmmm...It's there though.

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

It's a sci-fi game. You can construct pretty much any argument to "make sense".
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Georgy Zhukov View Post
    That doesn't even make sense
    But them using the Citadel as a giant Mass Relay does?

If you rep me leave your name and I'll rep you back!

Actually yes.

Top-Tier-Tech's Avatar Protector Domesticus

It really does.