Page 4 of 255 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954104 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 3

Comes Domesticorum

Default Re: Mass Effect 3 - Cumulative Thread

I fully agree, Rogal.

I think if BioWare makes a Mass Effect MMO along the same lines that it has been making the ME games, it should be very good, as opposed to what looks to be a lame experience in SWTOR.

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

To be honest with regards to the loyalty missions, there's the one slightly dodgy thing. If you haven't done their quest, they've got things they want to do. You'd think they'd be MORE concentrated on surviving in order to get their job done in the future. Whereas, all completing it would mean is that they really can treat this as a suicide mission.
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogal Dorn View Post
    You guys can wait for ME3 (I am too). But I'm really waiting for the ME MMO. Once Star Wars: The Old Republic sells a billion copies and rakes in millions, BioWare will probably have the required confidence.

No, I'm not saying we should all be able to play as Commander Shepard. A thousand Shepards running around without any sheep would be silly. But the world is rich (and unexplored) enough for an MMO.
    Oh yeah, I'd love to play as a Turian!

Hell yeah. I hope they will develope on the characters instead of ditching them and giving you an entirely new squad. Too bad thats not gonna happen, all we be getting from our squaddie that survives the suicide mission will probably be some lame ass letters they send from emails like

OH HAI THIS IS ZAEED LIVES A AND I GONNA BLOW UP GAWD DAMN OMEGA AFTER A MURDEROUS RAMAPAGE WITH A BUNCH OF MILITARY ORDANCE I GOT FROM THAT PAY CHECK YOUR ILLUSIVE MEN GAVE ME. PLEASURE WORKIN WITH YA SHEPARD Peace- Zaeed.

or probably cameos if they live. Nevertheless Mass effect 3 will be glorious.

Quote Originally Posted by frontier-auxilia View Post
    Hell yeah. I hope they will develope on the characters instead of ditching them and giving you an entirely new squad. Too bad thats not gonna happen, all we be getting from our squaddie that survives the suicide mission will probably be some lame ass letters they send from emails like

OH HAI THIS IS ZAEED LIVES A AND I GONNA BLOW UP GAWD DAMN OMEGA AFTER A MURDEROUS RAMAPAGE WITH A BUNCH OF MILITARY ORDANCE I GOT FROM THAT PAY CHECK YOUR ILLUSIVE MEN GAVE ME. PLEASURE WORKIN WITH YA SHEPARD Peace- Zaeed.

or probably cameos if they live. Nevertheless Mass effect 3 will be glorious.
    I'd like that, actually.

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

I hope no MMO will be made.

I'd mean death to this universe.

just my 5 cents

Quote Originally Posted by Beregond View Post

just my 5 cents
    Anti-social much? Seriously, what's so bad about MMO's? They can be good if done right.

Top-Tier-Tech's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Eneru112 View Post
    Anti-social much? Seriously, what's so bad about MMO's? They can be good if done right.
    Lets just see how the Star Wars MMO turns out first. I think Dragon Age would almost be a better candidate for an MMO.

Comes Domesticorum

Indeed, Dragon Age's combat is boring and unoriginal, and it is set in such a boring and unoriginal fantasy world.

In other words, the perfect MMORPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Eneru112 View Post
    well, I don't like a bunch of idiots running around a good universe and ruining it with their stupid actions and stupid messages. Kinda like that

Quote Originally Posted by Beregond View Post

just my 5 cents
    They won't make ME into an MMO, not for a long time if at all. Why would Bioware want to release another sci-fi MMO in what would probably end up as direct competition to TOR. If they did, i'd imagine it would end up as some sort've mass player FPS/TPS, in order to differentiate itself from TOR.

Dragon Age on the other hand, I was pretty confident about it becoming an MMO, though DA2 might suggest they're taking it in a different direction.

Back on subject on speculation on ME3, I think its a possibility that you will control a character other than Commander Shepherd. Considering that Shephard can have a permanent death at the end of ME2, shepherd may just become an NPC (like Solid Snake in MGS2) and you could have a selection of salarian/asari/krogan/turian main character, with occasional missions that you could control shepherd if he is still alive.

I think the plot definitely will be centred about Haestrom and how the sun has been altered to facilitate the return of the reapers. Gathering up support from salarian/asari/alliance/mercenary/krogan/cerberus/turian/geth/quarian factions will be obvious side quests. Surviving characters from ME1 and ME2 will probably return to interact with the main character if they are alive, otherwise you get a generic character, but either way will not make much difference ie: If Zaeed survives, he will be in charge of a mercenary group that you can get help from.

On your first point, no. I forget where, but I read that if your Shephard dies in ME2, then you have to start a new one in ME3. I don't think we'll be playing turians.
    Under the Patronage of Leonidas the Lion|Patron of Imperator of Rome - Dewy - Crazyeyesreaper|American and Proud

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

I just hope Tali doesn't get sick after you know. At least it was 'totally worth it'.

Quote Originally Posted by COGlory View Post
    On your first point, no. I forget where, but I read that if your Shephard dies in ME2, then you have to start a new one in ME3. I don't think we'll be playing turians.
    You mean Shephard comes back to life for the second time!

Quote Originally Posted by squatlover View Post
    You mean Shephard comes back to life for the second time!
    No, that's not it. You simply won't be able to import a ME2 save where Shepard is dead. You can't import the save and have him resurrected. You'll still be playing as Shepard, but he might not be the same Shepard you played through 1 and 2 with. Kind've like how you can start a ME2 game where all the choices are made for you if you don't decide to import a save.

Bioware has stated multiple times that the Mass Effect series is Shepard's story. It is not about the Reapers or the Council or even the galaxy it is about Shepard. The other parts are just variables that Shepard has to save (or chooses not to )
    Alistair Yronwood - Lord of Yronwood, Warden of the Stone Way, Blood Royal

"Darkness? I was born in it...molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man. By then it was nothing to me but blinding! The shadows betray you because they belong to me!
    "But there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."

"You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks! "

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by RVFVS View Post
    Bioware has stated multiple times that the Mass Effect series is Shepard's story. It is not about the Reapers or the Council or even the galaxy it is about Shepard. The other parts are just variables that Shepard has to save (or chooses not to )
    Fair enough.

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

Vítor Gaspar's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I'm already missing Mass Effect before Mass Effect 3 is even released lol

These games were great, amazing. I can think of a way or another they could have been greater, but man. they were quite original. I loved the feeling I had when playing the first game. I think I never played something like it before.

Remember reading somewhere that ME3 will be the end of Shepard's story, but not necessarily the end of ME universe