Thread: Mass Effect 3

Default Re: Mass Effect 3

i like that, and i mean if by talking you mean have at last a deeper understading of the reapers (origins,events,reasons for.....etc etc) then for me already worth buying, i do enjoy a good fighting sequences but if the lore is good enough then i'm on! but since from ashes i had high hopes we would get deeper into prothean history and such and then we got nothing except for one live prothean, some may say "at least we know how they look" but for a serious ME fan we already knew how they look since was obvious that collectors are "protheans" but slightly modified
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

Lysimachus's Avatar Spirit Cleric

Watched the first 20 minutes and then the ending on youtube, wow that DLC was disappointing.

If Bioware had just left the Reaper origins as "it is not a thing you can comprehend", they'd be in a much better position than they are now, making stuff up along the way.

_Elysium_'s Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Ataegina View Post
    i like that, and i mean if by talking you mean have at last a deeper understading of the reapers (origins,events,reasons for.....etc etc) then for me already worth buying, i do enjoy a good fighting sequences but if the lore is good enough then i'm on! but since from ashes i had high hopes we would get deeper into prothean history and such and then we got nothing except for one live prothean, some may say "at least we know how they look" but for a serious ME fan we already knew how they look since was obvious that collectors are "protheans" but slightly modified
    I know what you mean. The more I play ME3, the more disappointed I become with it. It could have been incredible, based on the story of ME1, but instead we get an almost-generic shooter.

The DLC is alot like the first part of Lair of the Shadow Broker from ME2.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    It's an investigation, with you going off to places following up leads that you assemble from clues. I can see the new part of the Citadel being used for future DLCs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysimachus View Post
    Watched the first 20 minutes and then the ending on youtube, wow that DLC was disappointing.

If Bioware had just left the Reaper origins as "it is not a thing you can comprehend", they'd be in a much better position than they are now, making stuff up along the way.
    yes Bioware is full of artistic integrity by wich for intelligent people we know their writers (actual writers) are incompetent as hell, that type of behaviour just shows they've no clue what so ever of what they're doing....

Quote Originally Posted by _Elysium_ View Post
    I know what you mean. The more I play ME3, the more disappointed I become with it. It could have been incredible, based on the story of ME1, but instead we get an almost-generic shooter.

The DLC is alot like the first part of Lair of the Shadow Broker from ME2.

It's an investigation, with you going off to places following up leads that you assemble from clues. I can see the new part of the Citadel being used for future DLCs.
    but being compared to Lair of the shadow broker is actually very good, because that DLC was totally awesome

_Elysium_'s Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Ataegina View Post
    but being compared to Lair of the shadow broker is actually very good, because that DLC was totally awesome

Hmmmm, I see your point.

Leviathan is certainly worth getting for the story, but it also isn't worth the money for the amount of content you get. $5/£5 would probably be a bit too much for it.

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

What a horrible DLC. Reaper origin should be in the original game but eaware loves cash cows.

Krieglord's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by _Elysium_ View Post

$5/£5 would probably be a bit too much for it.
    Thats just being cheap

Anyways

Just beat me3 again with Leviathan dlc

anyways

Went with destroy them for the first time I think my favorite ending of the 3

Couple questions

Was it ever really explained why they decided to change Cerberus from covert gray secret organization to mustache twirling comic book evil?

Where did they suddenly get a fleet and army in the space of a few months? since the events of mass effect retribution where cerberus lost alot of its resources.

Why does the stargazer still exist... I dislike it so much it does not fit with anything.
    Last edited by Krieglord; August 30, 2012 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krieglord View Post
    Was it ever really explained why they decided to change Cerberus from covert gray secret organization to mustache twirling comic book evil?
    No, I don't think it was.
    Imho, Cerberus always was "evil" in so far as that TIM cared more about his own and Cerberus' power than to advance the human species. Because of that, they kept things tidy around Shepard to ensure cooperation, as is revealed in ME3. I actually expected things to turn out that way. But them turning bat crazy? Never saw that one coming...
    Where did they suddenly get a fleet and army in the space of a few months? since the events of mass effect retribution where cerberus lost alot of its resources.
    Lots of speculation from everyonetm
    Last edited by Tankfriend; August 30, 2012 at 06:11 PM.

Krieglord's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Tankfriend View Post
    No, I don't think it was.
    Imho, Cerberus always was "evil" in so far as that TIM cared more about his own and Cerberus' power than to advance the human species. Because of that, they kept things tidy around Shepard to ensure cooperation, as is revealed in ME3. I actually expected things to turn out that way. But them turning bat crazy? Never saw that one coming...
    Lots of speculation from everyonetm
    Up until Mars I thought tim was just doing what had to be done for the greater good then saw the armored troops executing alliance soldiers...

Yes they do indeed but Cerberus was always set into cells with no real knowledge of one another and we were Normandy cell I guess, cant really be called keeping tidy if were just not told although obviously sympathetic faces are used to keep Shepard invested in the mission.

Not a fan of them suddenly becoming a military force to be reckoned with I understand indoctrinating civilians and turning them into super soldiers but suddenly having a small but powerful fleet is another thing especially when its canon that they were nearly crippled after the events in the book.

In my dream me3 we would have gotten the choice to work with either Hackett and the alliance or TIM and Cerberus with different missions, styles and team members (switch James for Kai Leng and traynor for kelly) based on who you choose from the start and your decision regarding the collector base but still eventually leading to a final confrontation and control or destroy... obviously thats too much money and work.

Ahh well too late now

ME3 just feels like it has so much potential ruined by money and time constraints.

I still love 80% of it but it could have been so much more.

Oh and someone found something pretty interesting about future dlc http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...dex/13910521/1
    Last edited by Krieglord; August 30, 2012 at 08:34 PM.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

I LOVED Leviathan. Lots of dialogue, moody music, and some great cutscenes.

Treize's Avatar Dux Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Legio View Post
    It was nice, yes, but a little short prehaps.

I liked the reintroduction of the scan to land function and the flying car for transportation.

I would have liked a bigger influence on the ending prehaps, a cutscene or two extra or so. Squid on squid combat and a couple of husks fighting each other or something like that.

Hey, how about mounting one of those orbs on the Thanix missile launchers for defence?
    Alliance warplanners are quite dumb actually.

EDIT:

But what I found fascinating was that our squid friends told something about the Catalyst and his Reapers. Appearantly they are looking for something and in order to find that they need to harvest races. But what the hell are they looking for? Some solution for something I think it was.
    Last edited by Treize; August 31, 2012 at 08:40 AM.
    Miss me yet?

SonOfOdin's Avatar More tea?

Quote Originally Posted by Legio View Post
    COME HERE LEGIO, I WON'T POSSESS YOUR MIND, SERIOUSLY. TURN BAACK TURN BAACK.
    /The Eagle Standard/Under the patronage of Omnipotent-Q/Werder Bremen fan/

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

My problem with Leviathan, besides logical concerns regarding the ending is the Leviathans themselves, Apex Evolution? , there is no logical reason you would have been exterminated, or couldnt find out how to avoid it in any of the 50,000 year old intervals in a billion years if you were apex anything, secondly, through a stretch of logic I get the reasoning of the Leviathans in creating the Reapers, the control wasnt absolute at everypoint and tribute could have been collected through large stretches of time in which some heretic would create machines, but for tributary purposes? you seriously place your concerns in lack of tribute and not the ultimate annihilation of organic life? How could you possibly live of tribute if you are the apex species in the galaxy? what could "lesser species" possibly provide you that you cant do yourselves, Mister I-am-the-master-of-everything-and-I-should-be-smart-to-Terra(sea?)form-any-planet-or-commet-I-came-into-contact-with-and-presumably-have-the-technology-to-not-require-slave-labor?

Thirdly, they were defeated by AI thralls, in other words primitive husks, HUSKS. There is quite literally nothing for the Leviathans, after one billion years of hiding to be proud and cocky about, and yet you get this arrogant douchebag being all high and mighty with the supposed power of defeating the reapers, hiding thousands of kilometers under the sea?
    And these guys actually talk and behave like self entitled cocks, the reapers had something they could brag about but these guys are going all Sovereign without a kingdom, why would shepard even go to them? are you planning on stricking at them afterwards? Seriously Hackett, this isnt exactly good news if they are planning on being masters of the galaxy again.
    Last edited by saxdude; August 31, 2012 at 03:44 PM.

The Dude's Avatar Praeses
    I hate it when forums display your location. Now I have to be original.

The worst part is that the excuse for their whole up is basically just "imagine being the best at everything and looking at the world through a lense of absolute power." In other words "imagine being so incredibly good that you become a dumbass."

Some people seem to think its some deep, thought-through hubris plot, but since hubris is never in any way a theme in the game it becomes a flimsy excuse for weak writing at best. Everything in ME is now explained away with arrogance.

"Why isn't the Council listening?" They're arrogant and overconfident!

"Why isn't the galaxy banding together against the Reapers?" The species are arrogant and overconfident!

"Why don't the Reapers follow their invasion plan?" They're arrogant and overconfident!

"Why don't the Leviathans come up with a better solution for rebellious AI than creating an AI?" Because they're arrogant and overconfident!

The entire galaxy is inhabited by arrogant and overconfident dumbasses who do ridiculous for no other reason than that the plot requires them to. Because if they start behaving logically then the story won't advance and there would've never been a need for a Mass Effect 2 and 3 in the first place. What a load.

Hotspur's Avatar I've got reach.
    Patrician

Really? Governments do ridiculous and dumbass things in the real world all the time.

well i decided to watch on youtube before buy and it saved me 9.99, dlc is not bad for what it seems. but for people like me wich the only reason was the lore and get a deeper and clear answer it seems very disapointing. 99% searching for levianthan and 1% vague and rushed "reapers are....did...." so apparently the reapers story is like "quarians vs geth" rip-off with a twist!! seems writers are too dumb to make anything interesting past mass effect 2

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Or perhaps Quarians-Geth is a repetition of Leviathan-Intelligence...! THE CYCLE CANNOT BE BROKEN.

The Dude's Avatar Praeses
    I hate it when forums display your location. Now I have to be original.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotspur View Post
    Really? Governments do ridiculous and dumbass things in the real world all the time.
    Except in the real world we've never been threatened by an extragalactic race of genocidal robots. In the real world we complain about tax raises and the odd stupid war in some backwater desert nation. If the extinction of the entire galaxy and all life is what's at stake I need something more than "politicians are dumb IRL aswell".

Still, if people want to justify lazy writing to themselves by appeals to real life stupidity then that's fine. But I would've preferred a plot in which the galaxy is populated by people acknowledging the threat, trying to prevent the end and failing to do so. Such a plot would have tension.
    Last edited by The Dude; August 31, 2012 at 06:32 PM.

Hotspur's Avatar I've got reach.
    Patrician

An extragalactic race of genocidal robots according to one dude.

But far be it from me to get in the way of your hate machine. Carry on.

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

The council had in their hands a whole reaper, and then it had the plans of a reaper in construction, then it had a reaper invasion. But whatever, point is that nothing on the leviathans make sense, and more especifically they are retarded self entitled douchebags that have been on the brink of extinction for millions of years.