Page 1 of 255 12345678910112651101 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 3

Top-Tier-Tech's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Last edited by Top-Tier-Tech; March 01, 2012 at 08:23 PM.

Varjon's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Mass Effect 3 - Cumulative Thread

I really hope it will be gameplay-wise something with ME2's combat but with slightly richer RPG elements. In case of story I wish there will be epic battles across the galaxy against reapers. It would be great if we skip few years (or how much it takes from the reapers to arrive) and the game would begin just few days/weeks before the arrival of the reapers.

By the way, I don't have anything against PS3 version and I think it's good that more people get to enjoy ME universe but there's one thing I'm afraid... Since PS3 players will get some kind of brief explanation of ME1's events and get to make some key decisions there are lots of things they will never hear about. Some of these things like what you decide to do you with Rachni Queen have barely no meaning in ME2 but I think that in ME3 friendly Rachni fleet could change everything.

Anyways, since PS3 gamers don't probably get to make some of these decisions and PS3/X360/PC versions are equal story-wise, I'm afraid that some decisions from ME1 won't be implemented and therefore the gameplay experience might lack something it could have had.

Quote Originally Posted by Varjon View Post
    I really hope it will be gameplay-wise something with ME2's combat but with slightly richer RPG elements. In case of story I wish there will be epic battles across the galaxy against reapers. It would be great if we skip few years (or how much it takes from the reapers to arrive) and the game would begin just few days/weeks before the arrival of the reapers.

By the way, I don't have anything against PS3 version and I think it's good that more people get to enjoy ME universe but there's one thing I'm afraid... Since PS3 players will get some kind of brief explanation of ME1's events and get to make some key decisions there are lots of things they will never hear about. Some of these things like what you decide to do you with Rachni Queen have barely no meaning in ME2 but I think that in ME3 friendly Rachni fleet could change everything.

Anyways, since PS3 gamers don't probably get to make some of these decisions and PS3/X360/PC versions are equal story-wise, I'm afraid that some decisions from ME1 won't be implemented and therefore the gameplay experience might lack something it could have had.
    Why not just release both ME1 and ME2 on the PS3?

Quote Originally Posted by Eneru112 View Post
    Why not just release both ME1 and ME2 on the PS3?
    I don't think that's possible since Microsoft owns the rights of ME since they published it. I think that otherwise they would have released both of them on one blu-ray disc or something like that.

Ya, I sincerely hope they add more RPG elements back into the game as well. I'm hoping one of the epic battles happens near Earth. That would be awesome

"What we're providing [for the PS3 version] is an introductory module. We haven't revealed the details of what that is yet, but it's going to provide a lot of information on both the context and setting of Mass Effect"

Somehow or other I believe all major decisions that occurred in ME1 will be changeable with this "module". However I agree without being able to play ME1 the PS3 players will miss out on alot. At least the PS3 owners get ME2 DLC on their version.

I'm thinking one new DLC for ME2 will come out around the same time as the PS3 release, it would be a good time, although what story is left to be told via DLC? LotSB will be hard to top.

Oh my gosh. I need to put aside $60 for this! Time to start saving now, so I can pre-order it.

EDIT: And if that's a screen, maybe a new graphics card.
    Under the Patronage of Leonidas the Lion|Patron of Imperator of Rome - Dewy - Crazyeyesreaper|American and Proud

Banfred's Avatar Miles

Hopefully they don't spoil giant parts of the story again in trailers.
    Do you play Morrowind? Do you like old castles, ferocious hairy beasts, expansive wintry forests, and killing dark elves?

Then check out Skyrim: Home of the Nords! A mod for TES III: Morrowind.

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

you can always skip the trailers

hope ME3 will have most of old squad, at least Tali, Garrus and Thane, Liara isn't bad as well

Old squad? That's not the old squad. I want Ashley, Liara, Garrus, and Wrex!
    Under the Patronage of Leonidas the Lion|Patron of Imperator of Rome - Dewy - Crazyeyesreaper|American and Proud

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Hoping for a list of decisions you made in ME2 and their consequences in 3, so that I can play them out the way I want to, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by COGlory View Post
    Oh my gosh. I need to put aside $60 for this! Time to start saving now, so I can pre-order it.

EDIT: And if that's a screen, maybe a new graphics card.
    The screen is from a cinematic trailer done for ME2. If you never saw it then here it is

Quote Originally Posted by Beregond View Post

hope ME3 will have most of old squad, at least Tali, Garrus and Thane, Liara isn't bad as well
    I'm really starting to wonder how they will do ME3 since you can kill off any squad-member in ME2.... That's a hell of alot of variables if any of those squad-mates play any sizable role in ME3.

I think they have to resolve it by having couple of guys from your ME2 squad and rest are completely new members or from ME1. If you have save where you and Joker were only survivors I don't know what's going to happen.

Comes Domesticorum

I'm guessing (hoping) that the squadmates you get in ME3 depends on how many you left alive in ME2 and what the squadmates in ME1 have been up to.

For example, Ashley won't come with you if you had a bit too much fun with Miranda's funbags, but if you didn't sleep with anyone in ME2 she might be squadmate. Or Liara might still be tracking down the Shadow Broker or going crazy if you didn't download the DLC and help her out.

http://www.techsweek.com/2010/03/bio...mass-effect-3/

If that article is anything to go by, then apparently you'll have your old team... Whatever that means.

If that article is anything to go by, then apparently you'll have your old team... Whatever that means.
    I don't believe that article holds any real weight especially seems how the article's writer moreso said things that she didn't necessarily quote

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

I just hope tali doesn't leave... that would kill me

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

Comes Domesticorum

You misspelled "live."

Quote Originally Posted by Hopit View Post
    I just hope tali doesn't leave... that would kill me
    Your waifu I assume?

waifu?

Anyway, losing Garrus and Tali would be the worst things ever. Getting Wrex back would be the best.

waifu?

Anyway, losing Garrus and Tali would be the worst things ever. Getting Wrex back would be the best.
    I'm sure Wrex will be too busy ruling his junk pile of a planet to come be on Shephard's ship.