Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: DOWNLOAD: NEW VERSION LOTR-TW 3.0 RELEASED

Default Re: DOWNLOAD: NEW VERSION LOTR-TW 3.0 RELEASED

hey its ok it happens we all get busy. i love the mod it really brings me back thanks again keep up the awsome work

Really great mod thank you.

Thanks for the instructions and the link. I assume i'm supposed to merge the Alexander and the Mods folders into their 3.0 counterparts? I'm making backups of those old folders just in case. Also, playing as Mordor, i just captured Gondor's village of Henneth Anun (or something like that). As the tedious battle ended (i won), the loading screen to bring me back to the world map appeared. Instead of getting there though, the game suddenly crashed. What gives? I haven't had any other crashes yet. Haven't been playing that much either, though.

Oh, stupid mistake on my part. I did get to the world map before the game crashed. It offered me to occupy the settlement, which i clicked. THEN it crashed. So what's with that? Sorry for the misinformation and my inevitable double post. Also, for the patch, do i have to erase the old Alexander and Mods folders? I integrated the 3.2 ones (those out of the zip file) into the old ones. I have the 3.0 start-game-loading screen and the building's cost isn't doubled, so i assume I haven't patched it right. (And should I post questions regarding the patch on the thread about the patch rather than here?)

This is a right place to ask about installation or patches.
    The files of the patch should be extracted overwritting the old ones as you describe.

If you see this loading-screen then you installed the patch 3.02 properly:
    splash screen v3.02

It says v3.0 because I did not want to re-edit the opening image for each bugfix patch, but at the end there was no other patches, so this is the only one that includes this image.
    The building costs should be doubled by default. If the mines cost 4000 you have the right one.

Some people have reported the same crash that you describe (even with a patched version). If we are right, it happens when your siege army is attacked by an enemy reinforcement and then, in battle, you destroy the entire garrison of the city. Please, could you verify if this happened to you?

If you extracted the files to wrong folder, you do not really need to reinstall everything again, just extract the patch again, this time in the main folder where RomeTW-ALX.exe is placed. The files that you extracted to wrong folder will remain unused in that folder and you may delete them manually.

I have been playing as Mordor. Sauron has captured the ring, but the fog of war didn't change, contrary to what the scripts page states. At turn 19, both Southrons and Easterlings broke their allegiance to me; the Southrons declared war on me while the Easterlings became neutral to me - I'm guessing this is because i sent the Mouth of Sauron to an Easterling camp and made a deal with them. I forgot to try the force diplomacy scripts to regain their loyalty. Is there a way to become allies with a neutral faction? Which diplomacy option is it?
    Also, on the scripts page, under "Automatic Reinforcements", you can't be any faction to place a governor in the cities and get the special unit, right? Could you clarify this, please, like, as Mordor, can I place a Family Member in Urabhaya and have an actual chance for Trollmen to appear even though I'm not playing as Southrons?
    When my game crashed yesterday, a Nazgul of mine had been besieging an Easterling city for one turn and assaulted it the next turn. The game crashed as i won the real-time battle. The enemy had no reinforcements. Sieging army vs. defending army, that's all. I'm sorry, that first crash of mine is something I don't exactly remember clearly, so I'm not sure i got attacked by reinforcements, I think not though. I've had multiple post-real-time-battle-crashs since then, been playing a lot.

The loading screen is the same, EXCEPT there's lots of gold writing (title, creator credit and such), at least the picture is the same. Could you tell me what "mines" those are? Are they a unit production building? I never played RTW. Thank you for the more detailed instructions. (This mod is awesome. It feels so Middle-earth. Also, thanks so much for still being so engaged in it and its community.)

Quote Originally Posted by Estuways View Post
    I have been playing as Mordor. Sauron has captured the ring, but the fog of war didn't change, contrary to what the scripts page states
    The way it was implemented, the fog of war only dissapears during AI turn, when you press end turn, and it is restored at the start of next turn, so it does not affect savegames.

Is there a way to become allies with a neutral faction? Which diplomacy option is it?
    Could you clarify this, please, like, as Mordor, can I place a Family Member in Urabhaya and have an actual chance for Trollmen to appear even though I'm not playing as Southrons?
    You are right, some scripts are not very well documented. It would be:
    - Fangorn: ents (gondor, rohan, dale, free-peoples, elves)
    - Beorn: beorning (gondor, rohan, dale, free-peoples)
    - Fornost: gondor ranger dunedain (gondor, free-peoples)
    - Nenuial: gondor ranger dunedain (gondor, free-peoples)
    - Minas·Tirith: gondor ranger dunedain, gondor fountainguard (gondor)
    - Barad-dur: battle trolls (mordor)
    - Urabhaya: trollman (easterlings, southrons, mordor, isengard, orcs rabbles)

hen my game crashed yesterday, a Nazgul of mine had been besieging an Easterling city for one turn and assaulted it the next turn. The game crashed as i won the real-time battle. The enemy had no reinforcements. Sieging army vs. defending army, that's all. I'm sorry, that first crash of mine is something I don't exactly remember clearly, so I'm not sure i got attacked by reinforcements, I think not though. I've had multiple post-real-time-battle-crashs since then, been playing a lot.
    That is not normal. I never had a crash at the end of a battle in my games, although I admit I never play long campaigns, no more than 50 turns or so.
    Maybe there is some setting in your case that could be causing extra CTDs. I suggest to disable the widescreen option because it is known cause of crashes in some cases. I also suggest to use same screen resolution in battle and campaign.

The loading screen is the same, EXCEPT there's lots of gold writing (title, creator credit and such), at least the picture is the same. Could you tell me what "mines" those are? Are they a unit production building? I never played RTW. Thank you for the more detailed instructions.
    You installed it right then, else you would have never seen that picture.
    The mines are a dwarven building available in cities with gold/mithril. I used this one as example because it is one of the only buildings where the cost of one building level is not double than the previous level, something that makes it hard to differentiate if costs were really doubled.

Um, so, if my Sauron has the one ring, it basically does not affect fog of war at all for me? I don't get why the script is implemented then >.<
    About the diplomacy thing: As i finished off Rohan and got closer to Isengard and the Orc Rabbles, who were both still my allies, they took every opportunity they got to attack my armies. Fortunately, Sauron's Mouth was around, but do i have to go to BOTH of them with him EACH turn to use the script of force diplomacy to ally with them again? What a huge pain in the ass!! :O What if I play free peoples and all my allies turn against me, do I need to have an emissary at one town of each of them to constantly keep renewing the alliances???
    Thanks for the clarification; I have an orc commander on his way to Urabhaya to see if i can get some trollmen.
    My campaign has been going on for about 90 turns now. I don't know what CTDs are, but thats for the widescreen suggestion, i turned it off now and am hoping to see less crashes. I'm already using the same resolutions. All right, I hope i did install it right. I wish I could try building some mines, but when I start a Dwarven campaign, those cities that can have mines already have them and I can't destroy them, so basically I can't try building them to see how much they cost. Those that I can upgrade to "Mines I" (I believe) cost something like 6250 gold. Thank you for your answers!

Oh snap, forgot something, sorry. Serious bug: My scripts are activated, and on the script page, it explicitly states that Mordor and Isengard depend on the survival of their leader to exist. The Witchking's army assaulted Isengard and managed to kill Saruman (damn he's a tough sonofabitch!!!!), but Isengard kept existing even after that turn, all their armies were unharmed. My gamble of high risk did not get me the promised reward! How is Isengard still existing? What gives?

More bugs. When certain cities are ready for development, I am not offered to build the required building. Morannon, for instance, can't become anything bigger than a village, despite having more than enough inhabitants. Same goes for Nargroth and other settlements of varying sizes. Is this intentional?

"Reduced attack (from 8 to 6) and shield (from 6 to 3) of Isengard Pikemen." is what it says in the patch notes. In my version, however, the pikemen have 8 attack and 3 shield. Something reeeally fishy is going on here. I will try to re-apply the patch.

Wait, I think no need to reapply the patch. There is an explanation for all those issues.

- When sauron gets the one ring, you are able to see the movements of the AI without fog of war, and that is an advantage.
    - Diplomacy in RTW has these problems. The only real solution to keep alliances is to force a protectorate.
    - CTD = Crash To Desktop
    For some reason the widescreen option cause crahes for some people, me included, when the screen changes from battle to campaign.
    - the script to destroy the faction when the leader is killed was not working and it was disabled.
    - most cities in this mod can not be upgraded beyond "large city" level, or even "city" level for some cultures. It is possible to verify it in the building tree of the city.
    All cities that you see in campaign with a custom model can not be upgraded, else they would lose this unique model.
    - when you open the scroll of a unit to see the stats, they take into account other bonuses like experience, upgraded weapons, or commander items.
    If you verify the stats in custom battle, pikemen should have attack 6 and shield 3. Else, there might be a problem with your patch.

I already reapplied it, but it's really not a lot of work, so it's fine
    OH, so i should activate that i follow with the camera when I end my turn, right? Ah, protectorate. Not sure I had the option to do so, but I'll of course keep my eyes open. CTD, of course, sorry
    Okay, I disabled the widescreen. So the faction destruction hasn't been working for some time now? Why didn't you update the script info, I wouldn't have rushed to Isengard then ? The special units part you updated remarkably quickly.
    Ah, so the building information tree differs from city to city? I didn't even know that >.< but thanks for the info. Ooh the model thing makes sense. Morannon. I get it now. Thanks! I see. I will try out a custom battle. Or I guess I should first check if the pikemen i looked at have any upgrades. Appreciate your answer!

Hey, i have a general question, as I am trying out a Gondor campaign. Fell Beasts are classified as Skirmisher Cavalry. They can't be attacked by melee units, it seems. Do they get extra damage by flaming missiles of archers? What about trolls?

niko21's Avatar Civis

Fell beasts can be attacked by melee units. They are just very hard to kill.

How does one install this on a Steam version of Alexander?

Prince of Epirus's Avatar Libertus

wow that looks awesome +REP guys

disorder's Avatar Libertus

Hey i downloaded the 3.02 patch, but what the hell am i suppose to do with it? it downloads as a attachment php but it won't let me unzip the file? it doesn't give me the option? can some one help out this stoner gamer please.
    Last edited by disorder; April 09, 2014 at 12:32 PM. Reason: spelling

If someone had the problem of crash to desktop at start of the first campaign, and he/she was able to solve it, please post it here.
    If there is someone that was unable to play the mod, I'm also interested to know, because I'm trying to create a new installer.

@disorder, try this moddb mirror:
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-lord-o...2-bugfix-patch

disorder's Avatar Libertus

Thank you Bardo for the link, it worked! this made my effing day!

Hey guys i have a question i have rome total war gold edition from the app store with alexander expansion pack and etc... I dint have to much problems installing the 2.0 version of lord of the rings total war but the 3.0 version doesn't seem to work for mee could somebody pleas help me installing it I would be soo happy if i could play the newest version with al the cool new things