47 43.93%
  • I don't Paintball, but want to try it

50 46.73%
  • I don't Paintball, and don't want to

10 9.35%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Paintball

Quote Originally Posted by MasterAdnin
    How much does pain ball equiptment cost? I mean all total with the gun, hopper, paint balls, helmet, gloves? If it is more than $200 then I'm screwed.

MasterAdnin
    yes its a lot more than 200 if you want even a medium level gun
    of course many paintball places offer group rates where you can get a gun, 200 rounds of ammo and saftey equipment for only about $25
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be used until they try and take it away.
    Staff Officer of Corporal_Hicks in the Legion of Rahl
    Commanding Katrina, Crimson Scythe, drak10687 and Leonidas the Lion

Mr.Flint's Avatar Senator

How much does pain ball equiptment cost? I mean all total with the gun, hopper, paint balls, helmet, gloves? If it is more than $200 then I'm screwed.

MasterAdnin
    you can always rent...
    you can get a decent package (Marker, Goggles, CO2 tank) for less than 200 bucks...
    Paintballs are never included, expect to pay 25+ bucks per 1000

Quote Originally Posted by Mudd The Crazy
    yes its a lot more than 200 if you want even a medium level gun
    not true, and level of the gun matters little if you suck :laughing:

I am not sure what he has, but my friend has a sniperscope, a laser sight, and an extended barrel on his. He snipes all the time, and another one of my friends has an M16 replica paintball gun.

MasterAdnin

went paintballin all day for my birthday. Cost about £60 per person and was really good. Definately gona do it again some time.

I am not sure what he has, but my friend has a sniperscope, a laser sight, and an extended barrel on his. He snipes all the time, and another one of my friends has an M16 replica paintball gun.

MasterAdnin
    Thats an expensive thing... (also Laser sights are forbidden on most fields)
    it always better start with the low end, non expensive stuff..

I want to try paintballing, hmmm
    Under the wing of Nihil - Under my claws; Farnan, Ummon, & Ecclesiastes.

Human beings will be happier — not when they cure cancer or get to Mars or eliminate racial prejudice or flush Lake Erie — but when they find ways to inhabit primitive communities again. That’s my utopia.
    Kurt Vonnegut

ShangTang's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Flint
    you can always rent...
    you can get a decent package (Marker, Goggles, CO2 tank) for less than 200 bucks...
    Paintballs are never included, expect to pay 25+ bucks per 1000

not true, and level of the gun matters little if you suck :laughing:
    Put a tippmann up against an bob long intimidator and we'll see who's laughing.

"AVDENTES FORTVNA JUVAT"

I want to play, cause the people I know, just run up and shoot, except for a few who snipe, and they snipe in gay places, such as in open fields.

MasterAdnin

Last Roman's Avatar ron :wub:in swanson

what I really want is a self de-fogging mask, that would come in real handy. I used my hockey mask defogger and it didnt work that great.
    house of Rububula, under the patronage of Nihil, patron of Hotspur, David Deas, Freddie, Askthepizzaguy and Ketchfoop
    Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
    -Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by ShangTang
    Saw many times... atleast one player was so angry that he picked up a stone and crushed his intimidator :laughing:
    its not the marker that scores, but the player.
    a well placed shot will always beat a sprayer.
    hell ive seen players with a pump action BE taking out intimidators...
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Roman
    what I really want is a self de-fogging mask, that would come in real handy. I used my hockey mask defogger and it didnt work that great.
    you can put a fan on the mask, but you also should use certifed for paintball masks, defogger sprays.
    Last edited by Mr.Flint; January 14, 2006 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Flint

you can put a fan on the mask, but you also should use certifed for paintball masks, defogger sprays.
    a fan on the mask? really. intersting. As for the defogger, it said to only use a certain kind but I figured it was just a marketing gimic. guess not
    house of Rububula, under the patronage of Nihil, patron of Hotspur, David Deas, Freddie, Askthepizzaguy and Ketchfoop
    -Mark Twain

Shadows's Avatar Lurking unseen...........

yea the fans dont appeal to me personall, but i do have a friend who has fans on his mask and he swears that it works. IDK, i dont need masks anyway because i dont do alot of running unlees its a short sprint. I prefer to ambush someone when they think they have the upper hand. It gives you a good sens of satisfaction when you see some one with that shocked look on their face. Anyways, i think that any marker can beat any other marker, but some of the higher end guns have toomany little piececs that have a tendency to break more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadows
    yea the fans dont appeal to me personall, but i do have a friend who has fans on his mask and he swears that it works. IDK, i dont need masks anyway because i dont do alot of running unlees its a short sprint. I prefer to ambush someone when they think they have the upper hand. It gives you a good sens of satisfaction when you see some one with that shocked look on their face. Anyways, i think that any marker can beat any other marker, but some of the higher end guns have toomany little piececs that have a tendency to break more often.
    You play without a mask?

I had a friend who played w/o a mask once. Lets just say he never tried that again
    -Mark Twain

ShangTang's Avatar Domesticus

Playing without a mask = severe retardation. I hope you enjoy your eyes if you're going to do that.

"AVDENTES FORTVNA JUVAT"

Eric's Avatar Praepositus

Let's place playing paintball without a mask under the 'General Bad Ideas' category.
    Better to stand under the Crown than to kneel under a Flag

Life is fleeting, but glory lives forever! Conquer new lands, rule over the seas, build an empire! World Alliances

As an example of what can happen if you play without a mask
    No mask No play

Back a few years ago, my team and a bunch of friends were kind of skirmishing at night around my cousin's house. One of the...friends...decided that he didnt like his mask fogging up, so he took it off and was running around out there (unknown to all of us) with no eye protection. Needless to say, when he took a paintball in the face directly below his eye, he decided this may not be a good idea.

If you value your vision, always wear a mask. This SHOULD be a no brainer.
    (Patron of Lord Rahl)

Trey's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles_47
    I would like to give you guys an idea of what I wish to buy.

MP40 Tippman 98. Good?
    German M35 Helmet
    JT X-Fire Tactical Thermal Goggle
    (What gloves should I get?)
    Yes, tippmans are always reliable, you could even check out an a-5, (tippman), thats what i have, low maintence, and relatively good performance if youre looking for a starting gun.

Trey's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by ShangTang
    haha, ive tried that. (didnt work out so well) but i have gotten plenty of people with better guns.
    My opinion: 33% gun, 66% player.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast