47 43.93%
  • I don't Paintball, but want to try it

50 46.73%
  • I don't Paintball, and don't want to

10 9.35%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Paintball

Quote Originally Posted by Zuwxiv
    Haven't, but I want to. The obvious question: How much does it hurt? ("If you have to ask, then Paintball is not for you.")
    Dosen't hurt, but you feel a sting and it's a bit of a shock, especially when you get hit in the back.

I paintball. Love it.

Shadows's Avatar Lurking unseen...........

i have a Piranha Evo (electric) with some basic stuff on it but i dont really need much more cuz you just need it to shoot in a straight line. I aim instead of coating down an area. Paintball is awesome, much better than airsoft (soft is a bad name, they use plastic pellets that can hurt dpending where your hit) because they use ammo that doesnt leave a visible mark like paint does. You have to call yourself out everytime, i know people have to cheat atleast a little so that makes no sense why you'd play a sport like that.

Major König's Avatar Civitate

Can I ask...

Does gear matter?
    What should I buy?
    What is neccessary?
    Is it like combat?

Eric's Avatar Praepositus

I paintballed at one point. The exhilaration, the adrenaline. I got addicted badly. Really badly. I caught, what the ever eloquent T.H White describes in his book 'The Once and Future King' as 'Games Mania'. I treated paintball the same way Norman Knights treated war and jousting 'The Once and Future King'. Yeah
    Better to stand under the Crown than to kneel under a Flag

Life is fleeting, but glory lives forever! Conquer new lands, rule over the seas, build an empire! World Alliances

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles_47
    Can I ask...

Does gear matter?
    What should I buy?
    What is neccessary?
    Is it like combat?
    facemask and gloves are very handy. Don't wanna get shot in the hands. Or the face. It hurts mildly anywhere but still you don't wanna get hit in the face, especially if you're playing and its kinda cold out.

Combat? Kinda I suppose. Never played a big match but from what I here tactics to a point are a must.

At this point I'm obligated to say I'm a very good shot with a tippman

I would like to give you guys an idea of what I wish to buy.

MP40 Tippman 98. Good?
    German M35 Helmet
    JT X-Fire Tactical Thermal Goggle
    (What gloves should I get?)

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

MP40 Tippman 98. Good?
    German M35 Helmet
    Hah, I simply wear regular old gloves one might use for doing manual labor in the cold.

Tippman 98's are good for people starting out, I believe they are highly customizable. Can't really offer much by way of anything else. Make sure the helmet/visor you get doesn't fog up, due to persperation and the like.

Mr.Flint's Avatar Senator

MP40 Tippman 98. Good?
    German M35 Helmet
    My advise to you, first go for a rent. this is a must.
    if you like it, then a tippman might be good enough, although you better look for a cheaper starter gear, (Brass Eagle packages are not bad for a starter)
    Drop the helmet, even milsimmers rarely wear helmets... its just plain silly.
    Goggle? well unless you get yourself a package, JTs are good.
    Gloves? its really up to your preference, just make sure they are not warm.

TRSjarmen's Avatar Semisalis

As for gloves i just use gloves that i wear when i ride my ATV, they have little armor padding so that if a branch or something hits you your hands will not get all torn up, basically works the same to protect from paintball hits. (not that paintball tears up your skin.... normally)

As for your gun, Tippmann is awsome, very rugged, modable, and dependable, but they are more for woodsball though i have played on some courses with my A-5.

Make sure the helmet/visor you get doesn't fog up, due to persperation and the like.
    Yes mos def on that one, it sucks when you play out on a hot, foggy, or rainy day and your mask gets so bad you can't see anything so you wander like a blundering idiot and get shot.

Yes, well i'm known as a guy who loves the German Army. The helmet is a must/gimmick for me. The JT says it doesn't fog up. The helmet by the way is made for paintball, and fits with most masks. The Tippman is a must, it is customised like an mp40 submachine gun. Looks awesome. So the tippman is all around bsic-good, and the helmet isn't needed. Anything else? I have a few questions still..

What is a milsimmer?
    Arte there fidderent paintball fields? Like a small urban course, or maybe forest?
    What is a rent?

Yes, well i'm known as a guy who loves the German Army. The helmet is a must/gimmick for me. The JT says it doesn't fog up. The helmet by the way is made for paintball, and fits with most masks. The Tippman is a must, it is customised like an mp40 submachine gun. Looks awesome. So the tippman is all around bsic-good, and the helmet isn't needed. Anything else? I have a few questions still..

What is a milsimmer?
    Arte there fidderent paintball fields? Like a small urban course, or maybe forest?
    What is a rent?
    Well, its your decision about the helmet... you will remember my advice later
    The tippman IS a good marker, but, you need first to figure what is your style, thats why advise you to start with a much simplier and cheaper marker. (if you will be more into speedball, then tippman isnt so good, if you will be into woodsball then a tippman is a good choice)
    Milsimmer, is someone who likes everything realistic (Military Simulation - Milsim) common breed among woodsballers.
    yes there are different fields, some offer both styles and some offer only one.
    a rent is what all fields offer - Goggles, Marker, CO2. you come, you pay, you play with their gear.

paintball equals life...not really
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be used until they try and take it away.
    Staff Officer of Corporal_Hicks in the Legion of Rahl
    Commanding Katrina, Crimson Scythe, drak10687 and Leonidas the Lion

So Mr. Flint. Why is the helmet not a good idea?

WHat is speedballing and woodsballing?

So Mr. Flint. Why is the helmet not a good idea?

WHat is speedballing and woodsballing?
    1. unnecessary for protection.
    2. overheating, - goggles (even with fans) tend to be quite warm, if you will have a helmet aswell, you wont feel well.
    3. enlarges the profile, - helmets protect you but they enlarge your profile (larger target)
    a headband or a baseball cap is a far better idea..

Woodsball (also "Bushball"), paintball's original form, is generally played in a wooded area large enough to hold dozens of players. Woodsball games generally take more time than speedball games.
    Speedball is a faster, closer-quarters game than woodsball and is played on a field about the size of a basketball court or two. Artificial barriers (bunkers) are placed throughout the field for players to move between and hide behind. The close quarters foster a lot of movement and "bunkering", or running up to an opposing player's bunker and eliminating them from close range. Most national and local tournaments and leagues are built around speedball.

Been paintballing fairly regularly, its like a birthday thing for a group of my friends (and often just social) as opposed to drinking.
    I still prefer the rambo style as opposed to tactics, it only works whenever my team gets angry at me though (go figure)...and I dont do it too often (though going down in a "blaze of glory" is still fun....if painfull when the entire enemy team (thats left after I surprise them) turns and shoots me....(we tend to ignore the surrender rule unless we are literally next to each other...though that gets the people who run wherever we are at a bit concerned).

Come to think of it...Im going this month for a 21st.

Well, I guess i'm a milsimmer. I have to wear that helmet. I think i'm going to want to play woddsball.

Well, I guess i'm a milsimmer. I have to wear that helmet. I think i'm going to want to play woddsball.
    Sure, but first try it, you might hate it
    as for the helmet, well its your choice, dont complain though when you will get either sick, or will be constantly shot in the head
    wear a german cap or something if its so important, just not the helmet.

basically the only "Armor" you need except the goggles is the cup...
    but even that is upon personal preference... i dont wear one, and never got shot there
    Last edited by Mr.Flint; January 14, 2006 at 01:34 AM.

I voted "I dont paintball, and dont want to," although I used to quite a bit in the past, and was a member of a team for a while. The urge to play just isnt there anymore. Oddly enough (because its been mentioned in this thread in sort of a negative way), the whole airsoft thing is much more interesting to me now. :original:
    (Patron of Lord Rahl)

ShangTang's Avatar Domesticus

I woodsballed for awhile before I got into speedball. I guess I just like the quickness and reflexes you need in Speedball rather to the boring 2 hour long games of Woodsball. Not to say I don't like woodsball altogether, its fun with a large amount of people.

I went down to Salem to play a 600 man big game. 300 per team. Tanks and mortars and all that good stuff. Had a blast.

I might even go to this when school is done: http://www.oklahomadday.com

"AVDENTES FORTVNA JUVAT"

How much does pain ball equiptment cost? I mean all total with the gun, hopper, paint balls, helmet, gloves? If it is more than $200 then I'm screwed.

MasterAdnin

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast