Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BattleAxe Commentary

Default Re: BattleAxe Commentary

Last edited by Russian NORMAN; December 05, 2010 at 01:26 AM.

GrumpyBean's Avatar Ordinarius

I love that you've made a mod that's different than the rest of the mods out there. A very speedy game full of nonstop action. It's a nice change from other mods and their historical campaigns which take forever to play and are hard to download.....Perfect for people always on the road and overseas. Great Job and I'm looking forward to the next update.
    Very funny and old tale of Mordor. The grass is always greener.
    Epic Tale of Thera, simply a masterpiece . Borissomeone's Tales of Thera.

Nice job! Downloading now.

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

fun mod. really enjoying it. into my first campaign as England on Hard/Hard. Thinking i should go VH/VH next.

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

one thing i have noticed in both H and VH battles is that enemy archers usually do not fire at all. sometimes they will near the end of the battle, but overall they just sit there. anyone else notice this?

either way, awesome mod!

brandybarrel
    I've played almost every fashion, but your mod for some reason liked most of all, by the way he enjoys great popularity in Hotsit from Russian players ...)) Thanks.

Thanks everyone for stopping by and commenting. I am glad to hear you enjoy BattleAxe.

brandybarrel's BattleAxe and Unit Guide Links:

Yet diplomats lacking ... )
    Last edited by Russian NORMAN; May 16, 2011 at 11:53 PM.

i just wanted to say that this mod made a project of mine possible, i have always wanted a super small scale total war game so i can play with my friends, with some changes made to EDB i successfully made a risk like game out of total war. anyways good job!

Just downloaded and played the medium-lenght Iberian peninsula Campaing with Kingdom of Aragon. Awesome job!

Super mod-- thank you so much! I have hacked around with my own mods and played many others for years now, yet I could never-quite-take it all the way to its logical conclusion: simply ELIMINATE many of the mechanics that just don't work for the AI. This is the perfect NEW baseline from which to begin my inevitable tinkering.

Thanks again!
    "Perfect" is the enemy of "good enough".

jakerslake's Avatar Libertus
    in Wilmington, NC, USA - till' the angels cry and we return again to the Great City on the Bosphorus

Icon7 Re: BattleAxe Commentary

Some of the new factions i think are stupid choices maybe but wth,
    BattleAxe is still freekin awesome and totally brutal and metal. Who
    cares if georgia takes over balkans ( yea it happened), its TOTAL WAR!

EDIT: oops i sound a bit trollish don't I?

Nice job

I have come back to Battleaxe after a while spent with Empire and Napoleon (and some other games like Civilization). And wow! This is refreshing! The mod is still great and gives loads of pure fun!

I just downloaded the Game , and started out as the Hasfids -- I'd always wished for more muslim factions in the game, and the color scheme (black and red) is really cool.

has been a real challenge to get them going - starting out with two relatively poor settlements and few units etc..but I am having a blast! the Hasfid's relative obscurity on the map has been a huge advantage -- not attracting tooo much attention, has allowed me to slowly undermine the Moors -- and even strike back against Sicily who'd almost wipped me out if it'd had not been for a lucky victory (and their armies totally outclass mine in both size and quality).

So far this Mod has had me playing some of the best battles I've ever played in m2tw =D

I must say that I was very intruiged when I first stumbled upon this mod... After downloading and playing a bit I am very happy overall... My one thought is that the background picture, while being absolutely amazing has the sun positioned right behind the box where the unit name appears in custom battles, so if you were to ever make a new version could you reposition or possibly find a new background picture?

Hi Great one

Thank you for stopping by and commenting.

The instance you are describing above should not be happening. The background picture only appears during loading. You should be seeing the grey/black Kingdoms Teutonic Campaign animation in the background for all menu selections, Campaign or Custom Battle. (See the Hotseat Multiplayer PDF file in your battleaxe\data\OPTIONS folder for sample images).

Is it possible that you altered the mod files or downloaded BattleAxe from a source other than the links provided?
    brandybarrel's BattleAxe and Unit Guide Links:

Hmmm that's interesting.. I did download from the link provided and did not alter it in any way, so I don't know why the loading screen would override the menu screen

Telarius's Avatar Foederatus

Great mod +rep

The Bold Burgundian's Avatar Ducenarius

This might be a bit late, but I'm playing as Sweden 1400 campaign, and its a really nice mod. No fancy scripts to bog things down, and it hearkens back the the days of Medieval: Total War, when Total War meant TOTAL WAR!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast