Thread: empire total war campaign map and buildings

r3deed's Avatar Semisalis

Default empire total war campaign map and buildings

when I play the game I always see the campaign map as an empty so can anyone make a mod in which you spawn an agent who can built different building like when the general builts the fort. and at the same time the building do:

increase happines or repression or public health , satifaction. , religiuos unrest, plauge, hunger.
    you can built the building at anytime.

the agent can be a public servent once you click on him then a building panel will appear.

Then you might end with such maps like these:

these Images are taken from anno game so what you think?

sometimes I'm thinking that why do we need to upgrade oprah to public park why we don't built another building.

maybe if there wassteam in the technology tree you may find train there.. just saying
    Last edited by r3deed; September 30, 2010 at 09:45 AM.

eXistenZ's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: empire total war campaign map and buildings

Total war aren't anno games (thank god cause the combat in anno is terrible)

Besides in anno they go island= city.

well the campaign map look a bit empty and buildings share the same color like the oprah with the park and the caffe buildings. I'm not saying that I would like it to be another anno game. but I think you can build any bulding that associated with resource and give it a reigion name.

because I'm playing roma surrectum 2 and it has too much depth regarding the buildings and its effect on the population. I doubt the engine can hold that much graphic in anno. but seriously if empire total war dont have a big city like in rome with all the buildings then at least we could built diiferent building in the campaign which effect the strength of a nation just like civilaization.

Historically speaking, it was that empty. Most people concentrated in towns and cities.

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

You couldn't mod that into ETW-map editing is pretty limited, though you can change a few things. Adding whole new towns is impossible right now.

Historically speaking, it was that empty. Most people concentrated in towns and cities.
    Not true-pre industrial revolution the vast majority of people lived in the countryside, and that goes for all countries in the 18th century-all of them. There were large cities around, but not nearly as many as say in the mid 19th century, and they weren't that large by today's standards. (There were some exceptions like London, and other major capital cities)

Quote Originally Posted by Yin View Post
    you said it towns and cities.

well the city life cycle begins as a town. towns appear around resources. and towns that attract people because of the economic progression.

well my idea is to built a certain type of building which utlize a resource in that area.

how can you built masssive armies if you don't have a strong economy. beside countries economies suffers from wars.

I don't know what is the game potential yet i wan't to see some variety within faction buildings and from one country to another.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Tango12345♔ View Post
    You couldn't mod that into ETW-map editing is pretty limited, though you can change a few things. Adding whole new towns is impossible right now.

Not true-pre industrial revolution the vast majority of people lived in the countryside, and that goes for all countries in the 18th century-all of them. There were large cities around, but not nearly as many as say in the mid 19th century, and they weren't that large by today's standards. (There were some exceptions like London, and other major capital cities)
    well I thought of this because the europeans power were seeking for wealth beside supermucy.
    that is why they builit colonies in africa and america as well as forming east Indian companies.

then If I can't built a reigon then can I built a buildings like the way general builts forts but with different look and effect. like building a mill which have an effect on the population. or building a farm to grow some corps like suger or tea which effect the treasurey.

these building do exist in the campaign but it won't be sufficient to finanace the war. or what is the use if you form a company without effecting the country treasury or recruting some native units
    Last edited by r3deed; September 30, 2010 at 01:37 PM.

Laetus

Hello there is cheat code for create unit and building in ETW similar like MTW II ?

it will be great if you can built a building through agent in any place. the only building is fort and only created by generals. also, I wish if the type of building are more than what is in the game. beside we may recruit mercenaries through these building.

I think it will effect the gamplay alot yet I need to know.
    can you assign the quality of building to an agent other than general?
    can the agent build any building other than fort?
    can we give the building certain effect?
    can we add building other than what is in the game?

these question should be answered by a modder?

Hope is the main answer for now.

Quote Originally Posted by chris 1 View Post
    Hello there is cheat code for create unit and building in ETW similar like MTW II ?
    r u serious?

Prince of Darkness's Avatar Campidoctor

I'm not sure about adding towns (also with I hate the way AI loves to raid all the way with their single units), but I'm pretty sure you can add more building types. There are a lot of mods out there adding unique buildings for each factions.
    And seriously I'm bored with Coaching Inns/Churches/Workshops/Schools.
    WARNING:
    The comment above may contain offensive material that may or may not be appropriate for people above the age of 18. The guidance of your children is advised unless you press the green little button with a plus under the avatar.
    Please, please, PLEASE, god... If you give us back Freddie Mercury, we will not only give you Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus... We will give you the whole disney realitystarcrew!!!
    And if you're wondering if it's worth to give up your favourite artist, then we'll throw Jay Z and Lady Gaga in the pool too

I agree it is realy annoying to fix those building every time they are destroyed. It cause enough headace. just try to play prussia and see for yourself.

but seriously anybody figured if we could add building slot to a major city additional to the exisisted ones? at least the major city is protected by an army.

has anyone tried to make a battelfield city map for eastern and western factions?
    Last edited by r3deed; October 03, 2010 at 09:34 AM.

eXistenZ's Avatar Praeses

Raiding was a part of warfare in those days

Quote Originally Posted by eXistenZ View Post
    Raiding was a part of warfare in those days
    but when you look the way empire buildings are set. you will notice there is a big distence between the buildings. I believe they done this to protect them. where as in the game itself it is a challenge for the player to protect them. it serves the enemy more than the owner of the building.

in reality, there must a reason which made countries at that time to bulit them far from the city. maybe because they afraid that the enemy will use their resoures for their benefit. but in the game it is not like the enemy will beneift once he attack the building he need to capture the city to utlize the resources of the building.

CA fails here to apply the strategic prospective of builting outside the city. even in napolean they did the same?

napolean failed to hold moscow because the russian were smart enough to destroy every resources before him.