Page 106 of 106 FirstFirst ... 6568196979899100101102103104105106
Results 2,101 to 2,111 of 2111

Thread: Stainless Steel 6.3 & 6.4 Suggestions

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.3 & 6.4 Suggestions

Is there any way to implement an auto replenishing mechanic? Like if your army is out in the field they will recover 5+ or so men every turn. I'd pay for that, that would be so awesome

probably been asked before but having the saxons as a playable faction would be nice

Hello! Ive never played stainless steel before but it looks quite good and I was wondering if there was a Brittania campaign for it.... Or even an Irish faction submod. If not could anyone suggest a good mod to playw ith Ireland? I would much appreciate the responses! Thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Celticfury3 View Post
    Hello! Ive never played stainless steel before but it looks quite good and I was wondering if there was a Brittania campaign for it.... Or even an Irish faction submod. If not could anyone suggest a good mod to playw ith Ireland? I would much appreciate the responses! Thanks so much!
    Hello celticfury!i recommend you the submod SSHIP,it is a stainless steelīs submod , it hasnīt irish faction but it has england and scotland and both in this submod are great
    furthemore in my opinion it is the best submod of medieval 2,you can play it and you tell us about your experience hehe
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Quote Originally Posted by Celticfury3 View Post
    Try the last kingdom

Click me
    Last edited by BuTAJIuK; May 27, 2015 at 05:14 PM.

Libertus

I've got a few complaints that I'm wondering if I can alter these in game functions with scripting if anyone wants to help.

These changes I'm wanting to fix are for scripting in BYG Grim Reality 4

1. Title and Deeds system and by Title I mean lands so example 'Earl of Wessex' for character sitting in London. I overall prefer BYG Grim Reality 4 over 5 because 12 turns a year is ridiculous (2 is perfect, 4 meh) but the Title system in BYG 5 is way better compared to 4. I'm sick of playing a campaign worrying about which generals I want to invade with because if they grab a city or castle with a disloyalty retinue affect and ruin my general. Yes there are steps around it but if someone knows a way of changing the specific retinues via scripting please let me know.

2. Removing certain traits from the game, I'm assuming you just delete the trait in the trait scripts.

3. (This one is more a suggestion) More Civil Wars and legitimate civil wars. Disloyal generals flipping to rebel and taking cities after a king dies or some .

4. Allowing Generals to marry without having them marry into the royal family. This would be huge for Role Playing aspects for SS 6.4 or 7.0 if it ever gets released, if your confused what I'm meaning ill try to break it down. If I'm playing a campaign and I train some general that ends up turning into an all star or whatever, sometimes Id want to get him married and have kids to preserve his name for the game. For example, you play a Scotland Campaign and kick ass with Wallace and want to have little Wallace's conquering Europe in the future. Problem is maybe you don't want a Wallace to become king or any other general that you got married to have kids who could one turn become your king or heir. The solution would be to allow your generals to get married without princess (through one of those random marriage proposals you get at the start of your turn) and keep their children out of the royal family tree. This has been done but I've never been told as to how it can be done. In a Westeros Submod which I highly recommend to all total war players called Westeros Total War (A or The) King Of Rivers And Hills. In WTWKORAH if you played as the Lannisters for example, your general who runs Castamere which would be named something last name Reyenes, could get married and have kids without being in the royal family tree. You could get him married and produce more Reyenes without interfering with the royal family tree. What I noticed in the game however is that all these generals who got married turned the unit names form General into Family Member without getting into the royal family tree. This would be an awesome factor for people who like to RP (like me) n games.

5. Allowing princess to be usable even if characters father wasn't the heir/king or died.

And now to add some help instead of whining and complaining I'm going to add my Export_descr_buildings file which I took the painstaking (multiple days) to change so you can recruit better units faster (cause waiting 12 turns for mailed knights while the AI pumps em out) I will warn you though the AI will most likely pump out more advanced units but hey now you can counter them. I'm new to uploading so I'm just gonna add it onto the end of this paragraph hope it helps for people. export_descr_buildings.txt

And just a question on how education works? one general at a time in a city with school library university or the more the merrier?

Suggestion für SS 7 (or 6.5):

Historically it was easier in the mediterianian sea, to sail from west to east, and harder from east to west (because of the winds and the drifts). I can give historical proof, read that fact in the book "Das Mittelmeer - eine Biografie / The Great Sea. A Human History of the Mediteranean" from David Abulafia.

Is it possible to script that ships sailing from west to east get more movement points, than ships from sailing from east to west?

Quote Originally Posted by jester204 View Post
    4. Allowing Generals to marry without having them marry into the royal family. This would be huge for Role Playing aspects for SS 6.4 or 7.0 if it ever gets released, if your confused what I'm meaning ill try to break it down. If I'm playing a campaign and I train some general that ends up turning into an all star or whatever, sometimes Id want to get him married and have kids to preserve his name for the game. For example, you play a Scotland Campaign and kick ass with Wallace and want to have little Wallace's conquering Europe in the future. Problem is maybe you don't want a Wallace to become king or any other general that you got married to have kids who could one turn become your king or heir. The solution would be to allow your generals to get married without princess (through one of those random marriage proposals you get at the start of your turn) and keep their children out of the royal family tree. This has been done but I've never been told as to how it can be done. In a Westeros Submod which I highly recommend to all total war players called Westeros Total War (A or The) King Of Rivers And Hills. In WTWKORAH if you played as the Lannisters for example, your general who runs Castamere which would be named something last name Reyenes, could get married and have kids without being in the royal family tree. You could get him married and produce more Reyenes without interfering with the royal family tree. What I noticed in the game however is that all these generals who got married turned the unit names form General into Family Member without getting into the royal family tree. This would be an awesome factor for people who like to RP (like me) n games.

5. Allowing princess to be usable even if characters father wasn't the heir/king or died.
    That can be done for starting generals in descr_strat.txt, by giving them a wife without any connection to the ruling family, thus that general will have its own hidden family tree, only the faction leader family tree is shown in the family tab, which means that if a member of this other family becomes leader then thats the one that will be shown in the tab...This is already present in SS6.4 Late era campaign Byzantium, which has 3 families.

However the only way to have Generals get married during the campaign and keep his own separate family is if a foreign princess marries him and fails to convert him to her faction.

RLC submod allows to recruit Courtesan Ladies which work as princesses but without being part of the ruling family, is not perfect but (sometimes) it also allows to marry your own generalsm, keeping the separate family as well.

There is no other way to have true princesses that are not daughters of the faction leader or heir

Laetus

Would it be possible to offer the mod in a form that could be easily installed by Mac users? I've been wanting to use SS for over a year, but haven't been able to.

ceretic's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Clivus View Post
    I think Ichon has got Burgundy on his faction list for his 1390 campaign.
    There have been three realms called "Burgundy". The Kingdom of Arelat (Second Kingdom of Burgundy) centred in the city of Arles and ruling Provence and the Rhône Valley flourished in the 12th and 13th Centuries. I love that part of the world and would love to see the Kingdom of Burgundy in the Early Campaign and perhaps the Duchy of Burgundy (based at Dijon) in the Late Campaign.
    "Morydd left not one man of the army alive, but ordered each to be brought before him, one after another, to be killed and then flayed; and he rested for a short while, and then had the others to be flayed alive and afterwards burned." Ystorya Brenhined y Brytanyeit, Jesus MS. LXI

Please make the Pope less aggressive versus other catholics. If possible he sould only be allowed to declare war to a catholic nation if this nation is excommunicated.
    If the Pope behaves like every other ruler in reality in addition with the power to excommunicat, than where is the option to elect a counter Pope if he doesn't behave like a chritian priest?