Thread: are the BATTLES longer?

Default are the BATTLES longer?

nuff said, i would like it specially for multiplayer, and i hate the quick battles and docens of routers :@

thx

Well, it depends on the number of ppl, but ya for me some battles are longer, in other words larger, try facing off a horde (several thousands) with 1000 guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Honor&Glory inspired by Archer
    How much will I pay to sit in front of a TV and chase polygons?

but, what i mean, do the soldiers rout quick? or hold more than in rome?

you can mod those setting man, just lift up the moral and armour for all the units and the battles are harder, longer, and they only rout when you have a few mens left
    Have a coffee dude...

no way man, its a hard job to balance all units again and i i wont be able to play online with ppl

anyway, can you answer the question, are battles in BI longer than in rtw???????????????

YES / NO

PROFESSORPAUL's Avatar Senator

Yes.

Most of the time. At least for me.

".........." -Gordon Freeman

GambleFish's Avatar Campidoctor

Really? I find that the actual hand to hand combat that determines most battles is actually shorter. The units seem to revolve around range, and the battles around who inflicts the most damage to troops and morale before attacking. In RTW, I had a lot more infantry battles and direct action - the overall battle time was somewhat lower than BI but you didn't waste hours playing around with horse archers and skirmishers. I find I prefer RTW in that way, tho it is fun sometimes to drive the BI AI nuts with yer horse archers.
    The fail whale.

▄██████████████▄▐█▄▄▄▄█▌
    ██████▌▄▌▄▐▐▌███▌▀▀██▀▀
    ████▄█▌▄▌▄▐▐▌▀███▄▄█▌
    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀

so should i wait to buy this game when mods come?

will the cost of the game reduce to 20$ or so?

naaaa, they are just the same that in RTW
    i already balance the stats so if you want you can try the minimod in my signature or the darthmod for BI , that one is a good mod too
    Have a coffee dude...

The battles are about the same as Vanilla RTW. Which, after playing RTR for a long time, is a very short time...

You can change it yourself, but just do it in the same proportion for each unit. So, for example, if you change a unit's morale from 15 to 20 you should try to increase everyone else's morale by the same percentage (in this case 33%). A few units might need to be tweaked, but it should work fine.

Shadow_Imperator's Avatar Italo/Aussie hayseed

I reckon actual hand to hand combat has increased in time dramatically, well maybe not dramatically, but the difference is noticable. I find that now the enemy flanks me, and so I outflank them only to find my outflanking manouver has been inturn flanked again. Must say, units don't rout as easily, they seem to stick and hold position a little longer and don't rout on an initial charge, even PEASANTS held a unit of Imperial Cavalry on it's first charge! Good news mate, good news.
    "We are unable to choose the circumstances of our creation, and few of us choose our demise.
    However, as intelligent creatures of freewill, we are gifted, privileged, and so very fortunate; that we are able to choose the manner, in which we choose live". - Me

(If you like my quote or agree with it, you are welcome to add it to your own sig!).
    Under the patronage of Bulgaroctonos - PROTECTOR of the FAITH

carajudo, is there any tool to use mods without overwriting the folder? i woulndt like to reinstall the game if somethings fail or if i wanna play online

i dont have enough disk space to hace 2 copys...

yes, there's one tool but i don't remeber the name cause i never use it, i had 5 copies of rtw whit diferent mods plus one i use for experiments,is a mod swhitcher tool, sorry , don't remeber the name right now, search in the download section,anyway if you're talking about my minimod for bi is savegame compatible, but perhaps you should make a back up of the files the mod replace and that's it
    Have a coffee dude...

depends on what difficulty you're playing. If you play VH, your own troops will suffer morale penalties and rout almost stright away resulting in rather short battles.
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

"attack the argument, not the person saying it" -lee1026
    Sig by Manji