Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Tsardoms Total War - Recruitment Agency

Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - Recruitment Agency

Done.

Hey does anyone want research help or building description writing or anything under the sun except nodding .Contact me by pm.
    100% mobile poster so pls forgive grammer

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Boy I wish you were here last year Lots of texts to be written. But yes we still have need of help with building descriptions and texts for our new recruitment and building system. I will PM you.

We are going through a quiet period at the moment but hoping dcdastro our mapper will be back on board soon so we can have the map up and going.

A history and culture association of 20 members, which are in the about 35 researchers, a couple of 2D artists, a 3D artist and a couple of techies including a doctor of computer science from the Anno Domini project willing to learn might be interested to join your project considering you're featuring Croatia, as well as Dubrovnik as factions in Tsardoms: Total War. I've sent messages to a couple of members from the Tsardoms team and I hope I've sparked some interest.

Hi Dominick

I will leave my reply here in public for the other team members to see.

First of all thank you for your interest in our mod. It seems that you have a fantastic association with some really good goals.

Obviously in Tsardoms we are always looking for help especially in the 2d department and scripting department.

Our mod's focus is specifically the Balkans. You will see that the map is EXTREMELY DETAILED. So even though it includes only balkans italy and anatolia it ia way more detailed than vanilla and bigger. We have reached the engine max of regions actually.

Now i saw your mod focusea on X-XII th century. Tsardoms focuses on the time betweem 1345 and 1530. But we do feature a fully fledged republic of ragusa as well as now croatia.

Even though in our period croatia was not independent it did feature quite a lot of interesting action with local nobles participating in wars rebellions etc.

It depends on what your team is looking for. We would love it if your team could join us and work on fleshing out croatia for example coding unique characters, events, creating artwork etc

But one thing that we will need to agree on is how and what terms we could collzborate on. Because we already have a lot of work done and a lot of research and decisions made. For example, the ragusan roster is pretty much finalised and we will probably not do many changes.

Also, we want to avoid any nationalistic discourse. Especially when it comes to balkans. We are a team that includes people from many countries and in the past the forum had quite a lot of nationalistic problems. I am sure that would not be a problem.

Alternatively you can also work as a submod for tsardoms and use our materials and we can share all the work but you can be 100% croatia focused.

I will let dcdastro decide how and what he would like to collaborate on.
    Last edited by Wallachian; August 29, 2018 at 04:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    Hi Dominick

I will leave my reply here in public for the other team members to see.

First of all thank you for your interest in our mod. It seems that you have a fantastic association with some really good goals.

Obviously in Tsardoms we are always looking for help especially in the 2d department and scripting department.

Our mod's focus is specifically the Balkans. You will see that the map is EXTREMELY DETAILED. So even though it includes only balkans italy and anatolia it ia way more detailed than vanilla and bigger. We have reached the engine max of regions actually.

Now i saw your mod focusea on X-XII th century. Tsardoms focuses on the time betweem 1345 and 1530. But we do feature a fully fledged republic of ragusa as well as now croatia.

Even though in our period croatia was not independent it did feature quite a lot of interesting action with local nobles participating in wars rebellions etc.

It depends on what your team is looking for. We would love it if your team could join us and work on fleshing out croatia for example coding unique characters, events, creating artwork etc

But one thing that we will need to agree on is how and what terms we could collzborate on. Because we already have a lot of work done and a lot of research and decisions made. For example, the ragusan roster is pretty much finalised and we will probably not do many changes.

Also, we want to avoid any nationalistic discourse. Especially when it comes to balkans. We are a team that includes people from many countries and in the past the forum had quite a lot of nationalistic problems. I am sure that would not be a problem.

Alternatively you can also work as a submod for tsardoms and use our materials and we can share all the work but you can be 100% croatia focused.

I will let dcdastro decide how and what he would like to collaborate on.
    Thank you for the fast reply, Wallachian!

We can definitely have our technical team do what needs to be done for Tsardoms (2D art for example), however it needs to be introduced to what exactly needs to be done and how considering the M2TW engine as they mostly don't have previous experience with it and are just starting to learn about it for Anno Domini (and if we agree on it, Tsardoms). For the research on Croatia, we can most certainly deliver as we are an association of mostly historians. What you tell us to do, I'll see with the association how do we stand with our time and manpower, and we'll try to deliver.

For the nationalistic discourse, if any, it would be on an academic level, with arguments and sources, not hating (chauvinism) or talking about history that doesn't concern Tsardoms, as we are highly educated people that possess basic manners.

I personally want to help you finish Tsardoms itself (no need for a submod), and I'm sure I will find like-minded people in our association.

Until next time,
    Dominik

what does he have against nationalizm?
    nationalizm and history where unseperable in the 19. century and at that time til basicly few decades ago there were only concenzuses in the balkans (i speak about eng,german,french historian)

Quote Originally Posted by Dominick View Post
    Thank you for the fast reply, Wallachian!

We can definitely have our technical team do what needs to be done for Tsardoms (2D art for example), however it needs to be introduced to what exactly needs to be done and how considering the M2TW engine as they mostly don't have previous experience with it and are just starting to learn about it for Anno Domini (and if we agree on it, Tsardoms). For the research on Croatia, we can most certainly deliver as we are an association of mostly historians. What you tell us to do, I'll see with the association how do we stand with our time and manpower, and we'll try to deliver.

For the nationalistic discourse, if any, it would be on an academic level, with arguments and sources, not hating (chauvinism) or talking about history that doesn't concern Tsardoms, as we are highly educated people that possess basic manners.

I personally want to help you finish Tsardoms itself (no need for a submod), and I'm sure I will find like-minded people in our association.

Until next time,
    Dominik
    It really sounds all good to me.

It would be great if we could find a way for you guys to join our team. The more the better and the quicker we finish.

On the 2d front we could use help with event images (both creation and organisation), building images, character images. Also we could use some scripting help.

Another important thing to note is engine limitations. For example things like event pics, portraits, UI, settlement architecture etc are linked to culture groups. Croatia will be part of central euro culture group along with hungary, austria, swiss. So if we want to make 2d design for these they will need to fit the whole culture group and not just croatia.

Another example is the province and unit limitations. We have reached the province limits so we can not add any new settlements. With units we are about 50 units away from reaching the limits.

The main ideas that will separate ragusa and croatia are the fact that ragusa was italian influenced with a city state organisation while croatia is hungarian influenced with more feudal organisation.

Exactly, we definetly have contradictory discussions but only at academic level. And we always resolve them in very deep but friendly discussions.

Also, a side note dcdastro our main campaign man from across the ocean happens to be a big croatian fan boy plus hrobatos one of our modders is croatian. So you would be in good company.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456