Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: TROM2 - Bug reports

Default Re: TROM2 - Bug reports

I have some problems with new version 2.3. Mainly i have CTD always when i want to start a campaign of 1805 (enable1812.pack of course unchecked in modmanager). 1812 campaign works good, only in some regions are AI units recruitable. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Forestman View Post
    I have some problems with new version 2.3. Mainly i have CTD always when i want to start a campaign of 1805 (enable1812.pack of course unchecked in modmanager). 1812 campaign works good, only in some regions are AI units recruitable. Thanks.
    Looks like the new script is not installed properly. Check ...\napoleon total war\data\campaigns\mp_eur_napoleon directory. The scripting.lua there should have 243.092 bytes.

Checked, the filesize is how you write - 243 092 bytes.

Hm, strange. Does the 1805 campaign crash with all factions? Right when loading? If you installed over an old version of TROM2 make shure trom2_enable_campaigns_01.pack is not enabled (best to delete that file).

Testing Ver.2.3 for Russia:
    1805 campaign crash at startup.
    1812 campaign started, but "hide at woodland" ability does not work in battle for all units.

Use no extra mods, only core+campaign files.
    Last edited by Jagd; February 26, 2011 at 08:35 AM.

Not the first time married, but too it is not successful yet!

Think I found the problem with the 1805 crash. Replace the pack to enable it with the attached file.

Good work, now it is fine. Thanks.

It not the big error, and not an error in general. But in single battles the Portuguese light cavalry is at all nations. (Except France and Turkey) can it is simple not everything is all right?

Quote Originally Posted by yantar007 View Post
    It not the big error, and not an error in general. But in single battles the Portuguese light cavalry is at all nations. (Except France and Turkey) can it is simple not everything is all right?
    Will be fixed.

I am getting crashed to reboot every time I try to play. Sometimes on the campaign map and always in battle. I have new drivers, I have cleaned my registry, I have defragmented my discs. I have run out of ideas so any thing would be appreciated. Thanks

mattebubben's Avatar Senator

Edit: Problem Solved
    Last edited by mattebubben; February 28, 2011 at 12:20 PM.

hello people,
    I have a problem with the version 2.3. unfortunately I can not speak English and must translate with google. I have played France but stopped after some time because the game crashes in sea battles. trom2 is a very nice mod, I hope he will long continue to develop.
    Greeting heinacgg

Quote Originally Posted by heinacgg View Post
    hello people,
    I have a problem with the version 2.3. unfortunately I can not speak English and must translate with google. I have played France but stopped after some time because the game crashes in sea battles. trom2 is a very nice mod, I hope he will long continue to develop.
    Greeting heinacgg
    Exactly when does the game crash? There is a known random crash problem when boarding happens. However, this is a vanilla NTW problem and not caused by TROM2.

What is your mother language?

good morning Yarkis,
    So the crash will take place in the midst of battle or near the end. up to version 2.2 never had problems in naval battles.
    and I speak only German.

Greeting heinacgg

I don't remember changeing anything in naval battles between 2.2 and 2.3. If you have an repeatable crash issue attach a zipped saveagme to your post, that would help.

Ich kann mich nicht erinnern bei den Seeschlachten zwischen 2.2 und 2.3 etwas geändert zu haben. Wenn sich der crash wiederholen lässt, hänge doch bitte ein gezipted savegamea an dein posting an. Danke!

Wundwolf's Avatar Tiro

Prussia 1812 campaign

I can't free my protectorates or declare war on them.
    Same thing with Denmark. The option declare war just isn't there.
    When I try to attack them the option to declare war against them appears but doesnt work.

Quote Originally Posted by Wundwolf View Post
    Prussia 1812 campaign

I can't free my protectorates or declare war on them.
    Same thing with Denmark. The option declare war just isn't there.
    When I try to attack them the option to declare war against them appears but doesnt work.
    I hope I have found and corrected the issue. Please test the attached new startpos.esf file when playing with Prussia. Copy it over the old startpos.esf in ...\napoleon total war\data\campaigns\TROM2_1812_Campaign. You need to start a new campaign!

Wundwolf's Avatar Tiro

Thank you. The fix seems to work (declaration of war against neutral denmark).

Hey! Starting by saying that I absolutely love this mod! Napoleon is turned into a completely new game. Battles are really, really challenging now. They will drag on much longer and for the first time since I started with TW around the time of Rome, I'm actually taking almost as much casualties as the AI. Wow. Love the AoR-system aswell.

But I have a problem.

I'm playing 2.3, with "easier economy" (love that it's not overdone, btw - still challenging), "1805 campaign" and "extras" (damn, that smoke is intense) and I'm getting completely random CTDs very often. Game will crash in the middle of a battle, when I press "next turn", when I press the "diplomacy" or "government" icons, when I quicksave...
    Any ideas on what might be causing all this?

Oh, and sometimes all units will change their uniforms for an all-white dress. Known problem? Is there any fix?

I had an older version of TROM2 before I installed 2.3 that I did not bother to remove (figured everything would be overwritten anyways). Is this causing problems? Should I uninstall TROM2 and install it again from scratch?