Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: TROM2 - Bug reports

Default Re: TROM2 - Bug reports

Since I don't have the problem with the graphics I can't give a good advice. Maybe somebody else can help?

I also don't play MP, so I can't comment on this either.

I turned down the graphics to the lowest setting and I am still having the same problem. That is the chocolate men and the white uniforms for France. Is their any way to disable the new skins without taking out any of the other great stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Artimuse View Post
    I turned down the graphics to the lowest setting and I am still having the same problem. That is the chocolate men and the white uniforms for France. Is their any way to disable the new skins without taking out any of the other great stuff?
    I will do a submod wihich erverts the uniform chnages until a better solution may be found. Did you try to empty the fx_cache (it's in the same directory as the user script)? What happens if you alt+tap out of the game and back in during battle. This should load some textures new.

EDIT: There are some threads with tips about solving this:
    http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...ite%20uniforms
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...te+uniform+bug

Here is a link to a troubleshooting approach: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ht=memory+leak
    Last edited by Yarkis de Bodemloze; February 09, 2011 at 12:37 AM.

I'm playing as GB and i have fought several battlers against spain and france, however everytime i face the army that is stationed in paris whether this is for paris itself or outside paris or (more recently) i've taken hannover and they come to chuck me out, the game crashes when the battle is trying to load and its always at the same amount of loading aswell....any idea whats causing this?

Thanks Yarkis I will try all your suggestions and I will get back to you.

I was playing a siege in the campaign and I send a company of soldiers off the wall and into the center of the fort when all of them died at once as soon as they reached the bottom of slope. They all died in the same spot as soon as they touched the ground? the wall was under siege but not near to being destroyed around 60% damage i think, this happened to two different infantry companies but only on the walls that were under siege.

"also eventually they made several breaches of the wall but non of their units decided to go through any of the breaches they still just stood outside the walls and fired shots which didn't really make sense since they outnumbered me by about 20-1" - actually thinking about it I don't think it is that they didn't try I think it is because I had dragoons in the center but had dismounted them and put them on the walls, so I think they kept trying to issue an attack on the dragoons but then would run away from the breach because the dragoons were stations on the walls.
    Last edited by Kudder; February 09, 2011 at 09:04 AM.

Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Dillinja View Post
    I'm playing as GB and i have fought several battlers against spain and france, however everytime i face the army that is stationed in paris whether this is for paris itself or outside paris or (more recently) i've taken hannover and they come to chuck me out, the game crashes when the battle is trying to load and its always at the same amount of loading aswell....any idea whats causing this?
    Did you download and install the hot fix? Some of the higher levels of cavalry had a bug that caused a symptom exactly as you are describing.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=423730

Here is a submod for people with uniform problems with the French units. Please provide feedback if the changes are enough. I reverted most uniforms back to vanilla with the exception of the guards and some of the new TROM2 units. Make shure the submod is enabled and above trom2_core.pack in the list.

I followed your links and I followed the directions and did a change in the boot.ini. I just had a battle against the French in campaign mode and the chocolate soldiers were gone. I have changed back to medium graphics and the French uniforms now look fine.

Unfortunately when I exited the game it froze, so I still have some issues but at least the battles didn't freeze and the French uniform problem is gone as well, for now. Maybe I need to defrag more often or something. I hope you have not gone to too much trouble with the fix for the French units since the simple change in the boot.ini has gotten rid of the problem for me. Thanks for being so helpful.

Thanks fluke

Hi...

in my campaign as Portugal I am having issues with the recruitment system..... in some regions no matter that building I can only recruit artillery .. at least on the corsica island and the other one nearby..

Also , campaign is very dificult as Portugal have few buildings and very soon has to fight with Spain and France u could give it some more (1 or 2) trade ships or one indiamen

In my campaign as the UK after liberating the Netherlands I got a unit of Dutch line and one of Jagers. The Jagers uniforms are messed up

Link to screenshot on Steam

Does anyone know what is causing this?

Centenarius

Cool, it looks like early camo!

My guess is a texture mapping problem in the mod somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by rossw View Post
    In my campaign as the UK after liberating the Netherlands I got a unit of Dutch line and one of Jagers. The Jagers uniforms are messed up

Link to screenshot on Steam

Does anyone know what is causing this?
    Can you give me the exact name of the unit?

I have installed TROM 2.2 with easier economy, XL+25% (from hotfix rar) tracers mod and I have a problem. Unit size was desreased to 0 (praciticaly each unit have one soldier durning battle). What did I wrong ? I installed trom according to installation guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Wloczykij View Post
    I have installed TROM 2.2 with easier economy, XL+25% (from hotfix rar) tracers mod and I have a problem. Unit size was desreased to 0 (praciticaly each unit have one soldier durning battle). What did I wrong ? I installed trom according to installation guide.
    To what number did you set the multiplier in the settings. It's probably wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarkis View Post
    Can you give me the exact name of the unit?
    Jager (Skirmishers)

With an umlaut over the 'a'

Hi to you,

Just downloaded this most excellent mod, played for about five hours with no crashes or issues except I have just noticed the chocolate soldiers issue, this seems to affect both British, French and Spanish, seems to affect all soldiers but not all horsemen

Interestingly I used to play using Mr Marshall Beale's NOW mod and he encountered the same issue, I had Chocolate Frenchmen, though most of mu UK units were fine, other folks reported issues with white tunics or white over all uniforms or a mix of black and white.

Is there a usable sollution

Regards
    Rascal

Sounds like a graphic card/memory issue. You may want to try this soultion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ht=memory+leak. What happens if you alt+tab out and in the game? Ypu can also experimentally reduce all grapghic settings to minimum. If the problem goes away, change the settings one by one until it comes back again.

Rascal I had the same problem and madboris's changes to the boot.ini worked for me.