Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: TROM2 - Bug reports

Default Re: TROM2 - Bug reports

Quote Originally Posted by Yarkis View Post
    You have to put mod_BSM_Napoleon_All_in_One_TROM2.pack on top of the list. The text.pack does not have to be in the list at all.
    Ah, that fixed it, thanks so much!

Potato Fritz's Avatar Libertus

i'm currently playing france and sometimes my soldiers look like they were made of chocolate. did anyone have the same experience?

hippacrocafish's Avatar Campidoctor

There is a typo in one of the missions for the Ottomans, the "Strike against Hungary" one to be specific. It says "Bussy" instead of "Busy".

Quote Originally Posted by Potato Fritz View Post
    i'm currently playing france and sometimes my soldiers look like they were made of chocolate. did anyone have the same experience?
    You probably lack texture memory because of L'aigles new skins. Reducing the graphic quality a bit may help.

For some reason all Russian units in my game all wear only blank white uniforms. This is only the campaign game, in custom battles they look normal. It's kinda annoying to Play Russian campaign because of the boring white uniforms. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Centenarius

I notice a distinct yellow color to the canon smoke in naval engagements when using the BSM sub-mod. In the ground engagements the smoke is white using the BSM sub-mod. Is this intended? Was the smoke a little yellow out at sea due to some different mixture of powder they used at sea?

Centenarius

I believe there is a problem with one of the Austrian units. I have had two battles as France now that I cannot fight on the battle map and both involve Austria. This is into a long campaign and I have had countless battles with the Austrians, but these two particular battles will cause the battle not to load. If I watch the memory usage on my G-15 keyboard display while it is loading, memory usage will jump to 99% and then I will get kicked to the desktop. On another Austrian battle in between these two that crashed everything worked fine. I didn't save some of the battle start postions so I haven't been able to correlate which exact unit is causing this but it is there and I wanted to let folks know so that they can keep an eye open for it. If I narrow it down to which unit is causing this I will post here.

Centenarius

Ok I was able to narrow it down to either the Bavarian Chevau-legers or General Isadore Ehrenberg that is causing TROM2 2.2 to lock up and then CTD.

I am not able to recreate it in single battle mode as I cannot recruit either the Bavarian Chevau-legers or General Isadore Ehrenberg.

But my guess is that it is the Bavarian Chevau-legers! This unit is only recruited in Bavaria and has most likely not been encountered yet by other players of the new version of this mod.

I am right in the middle of a spectaculer campaign and would love a little hot-fix to take care of this problem. I hope my information is enough to help. If not let me know and I will try to help further.

Centenarius

Ok, I was able to just confirm that it is indeed the Bavarian Chevau-legers. I reloaded and auto-resolved the previous battle on which the occured and it gave me a victory with only one of their Bavarian Chevau-leger (and a 12 lber) units left. I then attacked this small remaining army and went to the battle screen and it ate up my memory, froze, then ctd'd. So the Bavarian Chevau-legers it is!

Thanks for figuring this out! There was a mismatch between the number of men and the number of horses in the unit. Some late French unit also suffer from this oversight. I will release a hotfix in the main release thread.

Centenarius

Glad to help Yarkis. Thank you for the incredible mod for NTW!

Ok I have found a major bug.

While defending a fort and ordering your units either down the walls using the enemy repel rope, or even ordering the units down the ramps to the court yard. Some units just start losing units for no reason.

IE, I ordered a Line unit down to the courtyard, when each soldier hit the end of the ramp he just fell over and died. Lost the entire 260 man unit in one large heap of dead men,

Closer to the end of the battle in the same fight I ordered units off the walls and they went down the repel ropes. At the end of each one was a heap of bodies as when each soldier hit the ground to stand up he died.

This is not fun at all.

But otherwise great mod! best one so far for both Empire and Nepolean!!

Ps, did you take out the crossed swords from the campaign map for epic battles?

Quote Originally Posted by sgtuh60lnj View Post
    Ok I have found a major bug.

While defending a fort and ordering your units either down the walls using the enemy repel rope, or even ordering the units down the ramps to the court yard. Some units just start losing units for no reason.

IE, I ordered a Line unit down to the courtyard, when each soldier hit the end of the ramp he just fell over and died. Lost the entire 260 man unit in one large heap of dead men,

Closer to the end of the battle in the same fight I ordered units off the walls and they went down the repel ropes. At the end of each one was a heap of bodies as when each soldier hit the ground to stand up he died.

This is not fun at all.

But otherwise great mod! best one so far for both Empire and Nepolean!!

Ps, did you take out the crossed swords from the campaign map for epic battles?
    Hm, no idea what would cause the lemmings behaviour. I have siege battle with Britain soon and will see what happnes. And no, the crossed swords should still be in. That's hard coded anyway.

Centenarius

Crossed swords are there. I have plenty of them on my map!

Quote Originally Posted by Fluke View Post
    Crossed swords are there. I have plenty of them on my map!

Wierd cause on the vanilla i had alot now I have none. so sad I work hard to get them haha.

And yes the lemming behavoir is very interesting. If I have another defending situation I will try and record it

Another question are you supposed to launch the game through steam or with the mod manager?

Doesn't matter as long as all the TROM2 files are enabled properly in the user script.

its a great mod and one of the best i have plaid my only issue is that some times usualy 1-2 or 1-3 battles my french troops are either brown or white i have to close down the game and mod manager then restart it again before it will work fine.

L'aigles skins need a lot of graphic power. Try to tone down your graphic settings.

I too am having the same graphics problem with chocolate French soldiers. If it is the graphic card settings that is the problem why only the French units? If I must turn down my graphics I assume it must be the one for units, is that correct?

We tried to play the MP campaign and everything went fine until we had a battle together. We kept getting some sort of connection problem. We have played non campaign battles without any problems and we used to play mp campaign battles in Vanilla without any problems. Could it have anything to do with this mod?

I love the mod. Thank you for all the work you have done.