Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: TROM2 - Bug reports

Default Re: TROM2 - Bug reports

I do not think that it is the big error. But when against me (France autumn 1805) at army of Prussia found 2 regiments (8.Leibgarde). And such regiment should be only one? (It is not true?) but it is not terrible, if more than strong regiments of the opponent-is more interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by yantar007 View Post
    I do not think that it is the big error. But when against me (France autumn 1805) at army of Prussia found 2 regiments (8.Leibgarde). And such regiment should be only one? (It is not true?) but it is not terrible, if more than strong regiments of the opponent-is more interesting!
    Yeah, there should only be one 8th Life Regiment. But my files are correct, so its a bug in the game or the computer cheats a bit.

I just finish my Sweden campaign (Russian was hard to take down.) And I notice that there is Not a single agent in my whole campaign that gain one trait. My general even after winning against vague of massive enemy (Those hard-Russians men!) with a loot of heroic victory didn’t gain any trait! Is that a bug? (Also my agent didn’t gain traits at all, and my government “minister” either.)

Quote Originally Posted by Zekal View Post
    I just finish my Sweden campaign (Russian was hard to take down.) And I notice that there is Not a single agent in my whole campaign that gain one trait. My general even after winning against vague of massive enemy (Those hard-Russians men!) with a loot of heroic victory didn’t gain any trait! Is that a bug? (Also my agent didn’t gain traits at all, and my government “minister” either.)
    I never had the time to play Sweden, so I can't deny or confirm your observation. There are traits for Sweden only in the files, so traits should work for Sweden too. Maybe you had bad luck? Can somebody confirm the observation, that Sweden does not get any traits?
    Last edited by Yarkis de Bodemloze; January 20, 2011 at 04:20 PM.

It’s not only with Sweden it’s seems, but with every other nation I’ve been playing. Maybe a reinstallation of the mod could solve the issues? (I will try with vanilla napoleon to see if the problem is still there, if it’s the case, that’s not the fault of the mod.)

Quote Originally Posted by Zekal View Post
    It’s not only with Sweden it’s seems, but with every other nation I’ve been playing. Maybe a reinstallation of the mod could solve the issues? (I will try with vanilla napoleon to see if the problem is still there, if it’s the case, that’s not the fault of the mod.)
    Well, other nations definitely work. For example if you get a new general, gentlemen or spy, the next round you should get a new TROM2 only trait for each one. If this is not the case then there is indeed something wrong.

Damn... I feel like there is indeed something wrong, I can't start my vanilla anymore. I'll try to solve the probleam and reinstall the mod.

Edit: I solve the probleam with a complete reinstalation of the mod and the game. All work fine.

Edit 2: Don't know if it is a bug, but the Janissary Grenadier, at least for the player have the "grenade" option.
    Last edited by Zekal; January 20, 2011 at 07:22 PM.

I agree, there is definitely something wrong. I'm playing as France and my generals never got a trait or bonus, only when I do auto-resolve battle, then they get traits. Weird, even when I get decisive victory for example, still no new traits. For naval battles the same. Only my gentlemen get a new trait sometimes, when they win a duel. Spies don't get new traits or new stars at all! Generals neither (only when you auto-resolve).

Speaking about auto-resolve. Something has changed there as well. In vanilla you could almost auto-resolve anything and surprisingly the AI of your army did a better a job (as taking less casualties) than when you played the battle yourself. Even when outnumbered you would still win easily in auto-resolve. Now I have to play ALMOST every battle myself because the auto-resolve is crap .

The cavalry AI really (I know it's not you, Yarkis) stupid! But still I must say they're probably more dumber than in the vanilla because in vanilla they didn't just sit there turning and turning around and being shot at. They kept moving in the vanilla while being shot. That's a difference . In vanilla the cavalry also did not run along my infantry's shooting line .

And another thing, how is it possible I get so many "close victories"? I mean I crush the army, have little casualties and still close victory. Two times even close defeat. I have no limited battle time so... And then when I defeat another army of the same size and the same strength, losing more of my men, then I get a decisive victory. Don't understand it.

Playing on N/H, is it true the AI can recruit troops faster than you can. I play on the normal level of difficulty for the campaign and when I defeat a big army, within the next 2 turns or so, another army is raised from scratch. It's not an army that has traveled to meet me, no, an army that they recruit in sooooo little time. Really annoying! You defeat a big big army... And you must conclude your victory isn't worth **** because before you can replenish your casualties, they have another whole new army standing at your gates. They keep coming, the bastards!

Another thing: Spain is sooo passive. It's already 1808 and they haven't taken Gibraltar yet! I'm conquering Britain now and have a question. If I take all of Britain, except Gibraltar, will I have defeated the British then or will they still exist because they have Gibraltar? If they don't disappear, that's weird. They should because they won't have any income anymore (I'm blockading Gibraltar). So most of their army in Gibraltar and all of their fleets should disappear.

I still love the mod though! Just some things that really really annoy me! For the rest, very good job!
    Last edited by KamilW; January 22, 2011 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KamilW View Post
    I agree, there is definitely something wrong. I'm playing as France and my generals never got a trait or bonus, only when I do auto-resolve battle, then they get traits. Weird, even when I get decisive victory for example, still no new traits. For naval battles the same. Only my gentlemen get a new trait sometimes, when they win a duel. Spies don't get new traits or new stars at all! Generals neither (only when you auto-resolve).
    I get trades, and my version is not different from yours.

Speaking about auto-resolve. Something has changed there as well. In vanilla you could almost auto-resolve anything and surprisingly the AI of your army did a better a job (as taking less casualties) than when you played the battle yourself. Even when outnumbered you would still win easily in auto-resolve. Now I have to play ALMOST every battle myself because the auto-resolve is crap .
    If I am vastly superior I autoresolve. Otherwise not.

The cavalry AI really (I know it's not you, Yarkis) stupid! But still I must say they're probably more dumber than in the vanilla because in vanilla they didn't just sit there turning and turning around and being shot at. They kept moving in the vanilla while being shot. That's a difference . In vanilla the cavalry also did not run along my infantry's shooting line .
    I don't think there is so much difference. But I haven't played vanilla since ages.

And another thing, how is it possible I get so many "close victories"? I mean I crush the army, have little casualties and still close victory. Two times even close defeat. I have no limited battle time so... And then when I defeat another army of the same size and the same strength, losing more of my men, then I get a decisive victory. Don't understand it.
    Yes, it's somehow connected to a the amount of casualities. But since I don't find it important I haven't examined it closer.

Playing on N/H, is it true the AI can recruit troops faster than you can. I play on the normal level of difficulty for the campaign and when I defeat a big army, within the next 2 turns or so, another army is raised from scratch. It's not an army that has traveled to meet me, no, an army that they recruit in sooooo little time. Really annoying! You defeat a big big army... And you must conclude your victory isn't worth **** because before you can replenish your casualties, they have another whole new army standing at your gates. They keep coming, the bastards!
    The CAI can't recruit any quicker then the player. It can recruit more troops because it has more money, but definitly not quicker.

Another thing: Spain is sooo passive. It's already 1808 and they haven't taken Gibraltar yet! I'm conquering Britain now and have a question. If I take all of Britain, except Gibraltar, will I have defeated the British then or will they still exist because they have Gibraltar? If they don't disappear, that's weird. They should because they won't have any income anymore (I'm blockading Gibraltar). So most of their army in Gibraltar and all of their fleets should disappear.
    In all my testgames with 2.0 and 2.1 Spain takes Gribraltar. But sometimes Britain takes it back. And factions will exist as long as they have one province. No way to change that.

I still love the mod though! Just some things that really really annoy me! For the rest, very good job!
    Thanks.

I know, although it seems like I wine a lot about this mod, I don't. I really like the mod, I'm just a perfectionist at times and there are some tiny flaws that I really would like to fix (if only I knew how). So I just post it here so you can maybe solve it or take a look at it in the next version. But don't feel bothered, please .

And really, in this mod, as well as in the vanilla, Spain has never taken Gibraltar. You made me jealous saying that in every game you played, the Spanish did take that annoying piece of land . But can you say what will happen if I conquer all of Britain, except Gibraltar? Will they most of their army and almost their whole fleet (because they won't be able to pay for it anymore)? Or will Britain be a major naval power as long as they have Gibraltar?

At me Spain has grasped Gibraltar in the summer 1805. (France H\H) In the autumn England tried to beat off back, has sent a desant. But I sent Mjurat with revolutionaries to the help (to me strong Spain is necessary). Works perfectly! I wait only for artillery fashions, and all will be fine!
    Last edited by yantar007; January 24, 2011 at 04:25 AM.

Revolution against all world difficult, but it is interesting! (As the Soviet Russia in 1917!) The more difficult, the more interestingly, money certainly is not present absolutely, but it is necessary to count on high revolutionary morals аnd numerous a victim of simple revolutionary guards !Yet did not meet terrible errors! (Except when the artillery of the opponent often hides below or in wood)(or behind mountain)
    Last edited by yantar007; January 24, 2011 at 04:30 AM.

Laetus

In Spanish campaign after revolution Spain has Austrian flag in the battle.

Yeah, and Poland (Duchy of Warsaw), if you liberate it they get the wrong flag on the city of Warsaw. They get a battle flag.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhalyich View Post
    In Spanish campaign after revolution Spain has Austrian flag in the battle.
    Quote Originally Posted by KamilW View Post
    Yeah, and Poland (Duchy of Warsaw), if you liberate it they get the wrong flag on the city of Warsaw. They get a battle flag.
    Strange. I never changed anything regarding flags. Are you shure you have no other mods running?

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Yarkis View Post
    Strange. I never changed anything regarding flags. Are you shure you have no other mods running?
    I'M sure.
    Also Spain has British flag in sea battles after a revolution.
    May be the same in vanilla, I don't know.

For some reason my artillery animations are broken, the gunpowder flash becomes a square of light, and the smoke becomes a grey square as well.
    Please help me fix this problem so I can film!

Hm, can't replicate this. Maybe a texture memory problem because of the great amout of new skins for France. Can you try a custom battle with only one artillery battery and see, if you still have the problem? You could also delete the contents of the fx_cache in the same directory where the user script is found and see if that helps. Otherwise play with your graphic settings (for example remove bloom; turn down AA).
    Last edited by Yarkis de Bodemloze; February 01, 2011 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarkis View Post
    Hm, can't replicate this. Maybe a texture memory problem because of the great amout of new skins for France. Can you try a custom battle with only one artillery battery and see, if you still have the problem? You could also delete the contents of the fx_cache in the same directory where the user script is found and see if that helps. Otherwise play with your graphic settings (for example remove bloom; turn down AA).
    Turning lightbloom off has causes the square to turn into a circle, but it's still bad.
    I'm listing all my mod scripts and maybe you can tell me what i'm doing wrong, because I think that's where the problem lies.
    mod Ltflak_TROM2_no_kneeling.pack;
    mod trom2_core.pack;
    mod trom2_text.pack;
    mod trom2_enable_campaigns_01.pack;
    mod trom2_extras.pack;
    mod scot_limit.pack;
    mod mod_caesar_british_naval.pack;
    mod MOD_AdditionalBattleMaps.pack;
    mod mod_BSM_Napoleon_All_in_One_TROM2.pack;
    Primergy_Grassmod.pack;
    default_camera_type 02;

You have to put mod_BSM_Napoleon_All_in_One_TROM2.pack on top of the list. The text.pack does not have to be in the list at all.