Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: TROM2 - Bug reports

Default Re: TROM2 - Bug reports

Quote Originally Posted by Yarkis View Post
    Ok, I was able to recreate the bug. It happens if trom2_patch_1_91.pack is loaded before trom2_core.pack. If you use the mod manager move the file up until it is above the core pack in the mod list (same in the user script). Then the error should be gone.
    Thanx very much, now is all fine. I am fool. Your mod is awesome, thanx for great job.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarkis View Post
    Yes, there is something wrong. Your Napoleon also misses the general of the grand armee trait. He als should have the guarded trait right from the start, because I added it to the startposition files. I just checked both campaigns and I don't get this error. What is with your other generals?
    None of my Generals have the guarded traits...But my Gentlemen agents do.

I just checked it. Napoleon gets his trait in the story campaign, but not in the TROM2 campaign. Will fix tha. All other generals get the trait in the turn after their appearance though. Couldn't reproduce a bug here.

Hi, i've a white uniforms texture bug in my TROM 1.91 french campaign, region westfalia, opponent prussia, only a unit of french guards chasseur (aigles)has the correct texture, i've trom core data pack + trom extras mod new, BSM new and a limited NOW data pack( kv rules,morale,fatigue and battle entities tables), i don't think is the now pack to generate the bug, there ins't any uniform texture in it.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by tbag View Post
    Hi, i've a white uniforms texture bug in my TROM 1.91 french campaign, region westfalia, opponent prussia, only a unit of french guards chasseur (aigles)has the correct texture, i've trom core data pack + trom extras mod new, BSM new and a limited NOW data pack( kv rules,morale,fatigue and battle entities tables), i don't think is the now pack to generate the bug, there ins't any uniform texture in it.
    Thanks.
    The white uniforms bug is - as far as I know - a graphics card problem (not enough texture memory?) and not mod related. You should search the forum for explanations and probable fixes. Also check if removing the BSM mod helps.

Leoben's Avatar Decanus

The white uniform bug can be related to a mod Yarkis, as I've experienced it. I was using sir chicken Digby's mod for old guard and kept getting the white uniform bug that I never had with the vanilla game. Somebody on the thread told that you had to delete a layer to get rid of it and it worked.

Edit: link to the thread http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=338670

And another edit to the reply which got rid of the white uniform bug:

"I managed to fix the white on mine by deleting the France colour mask in the mod. I'm pretty sure it's conflicting with the variantmodels2 pack. Perhaps if it was made a patch or mod, it would over right the vanilla?"
    Last edited by Leoben; November 29, 2010 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leoben View Post
    The white uniform bug can be related to a mod Yarkis, as I've experienced it. I was using sir chicken Digby's mod for old guard and kept getting the white uniform bug that I never had with the vanilla game. Somebody on the thread told that you had to delete a layer to get rid of it and it worked.

Edit: link to the thread http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=338670

And another edit to the reply which got rid of the white uniform bug:

"I managed to fix the white on mine by deleting the France colour mask in the mod. I'm pretty sure it's conflicting with the variantmodels2 pack. Perhaps if it was made a patch or mod, it would over right the vanilla?"
    Well, there is no altered vanilla France colour mask in the mod, only new ones from L'aigles mod.

Leoben's Avatar Decanus

Could be linked to L'aigle skins then.

I agree, maybe l'aigle skins, when the bug happens the only correct textures are those of the not-vanilla aigle's units, no problem when no unique french aigle's skins are deployed.

Quote Originally Posted by WarnerVH View Post
    I've encountered twice now this sea battle bug where after the battle has gone on about an hour with both myself and the enemy at full stack having the game crash right when I decide it's time to start boarding ships. The game will progress until the boarding party would grapple up and then the game just freezes with a sound loop and I have to Ctr+Alt+Del myself to desktop and hard close the game through XP close program. Has anybody else seen this?
    hi,

im well into a campaign but it looks like its gonna be over due to this problem. whenever i play out a naval battle the game enters an endless pause, usually when boarding begins.

i can still move the camera around but everything else just freezes which means i have to alt tab out and close the game.

i have attached the savegame which has the constant naval battle crash.

ps,

i read a couple of other guys had a similar problem. did you lads manage to get it sorted?

id hate to lose this campaign as ive invested a lot of time into it.

Quote Originally Posted by tonedog View Post
    hi,

im well into a campaign but it looks like its gonna be over due to this problem. whenever i play out a naval battle the game enters an endless pause, usually when boarding begins.

i can still move the camera around but everything else just freezes which means i have to alt tab out and close the game.

i have attached the savegame which has the constant naval battle crash.

ps,

i read a couple of other guys had a similar problem. did you lads manage to get it sorted?

id hate to lose this campaign as ive invested a lot of time into it.
    That's a bug with the game itself. 1 in 5 boarding actions result in a freeze-dry crash.

is it a but strange though that this same naval battle always ends in such a crash no?

Quote Originally Posted by tonedog View Post
    is it a but strange though that this same naval battle always ends in such a crash no?
    I just played the battle from your savegame with Villeneuve attacking the smaller English fleet in the Mediterranian Sea and had no crash. However, there was no boarding action.

ok il give it another go then, this time avoiding boarding action. really annoyin NTW bug that though.

French 74 gun Ships have smaller range than other ships, probably something went missed........
    is it possible to change units references like the young guard tiraileurs- light foot to maybe guards or something?

i cant go a campaign on H/H anymore...GB has invaded me on hanover but i forced them to withdraw, next turn nelson was sailing around gibraltar with a full stack army aboard and i have no more than villeneuve starting fleet and some captured brigs ,and 2 of my ships are refusing to return fire until very close

Napoleon is waiting near the spanish border ready to welcome his british comrades with wine and lead....

wonderful mod....please make portugal playable (and with some guard units)

Quote Originally Posted by Charbel View Post
    French 74 gun Ships have smaller range than other ships, probably something went missed........
    is it possible to change units references like the young guard tiraileurs- light foot to maybe guards or something?

i cant go a campaign on H/H anymore...GB has invaded me on hanover but i forced them to withdraw, next turn nelson was sailing around gibraltar with a full stack army aboard and i have no more than villeneuve starting fleet and some captured brigs ,and 2 of my ships are refusing to return fire until very close

Napoleon is waiting near the spanish border ready to welcome his british comrades with wine and lead....

wonderful mod....please make portugal playable (and with some guard units)
    I guess the French 74 gun ships of the line have a different weapon loadout then other ships. I will have a look, but as far as I know they are unchanged from vanilla NTW.

In can't change the unit reference, because it is class related and the class is connected to other important variables.

I don't know of any Portugese guard units. I think historically there weren't any. I would have to make something up. But Portugal will have at least 8 new units in the next version and will be playable. Won't be an easy faction though.

Simply question why? All works, but since the previous version does not show loading pictures (the black screen).Certainly not so important, but vor 1.91 and 2.00 all four pictures showed?(The black screen, but the text below is!)?
    Last edited by yantar007; December 19, 2010 at 03:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yantar007 View Post
    Simply question why? All works, but since the previous version does not show loading pictures (the black screen).Certainly not so important, but vor 1.91 and 2.00 all four pictures showed?(The black screen, but the text below is!)?
    Fixed! Thanks for pointing this out.

I found maybe one little bug. I play Portugal and conquered Madrid. And spanish line infantry are placeholders for me, without UI. Same little bug i found earlier in 1.91 - velite grenadiers for Kingdom of Italy were placeholders. Thanx.

Quote Originally Posted by Forestman View Post
    I found maybe one little bug. I play Portugal and conquered Madrid. And spanish line infantry are placeholders for me, without UI. Same little bug i found earlier in 1.91 - velite grenadiers for Kingdom of Italy were placeholders. Thanx.
    You are right. Will fix this asap.

EDIT: I uploaded a new 2.1 version that will fix the problem with the Portuguese AOR units.
    Last edited by Yarkis de Bodemloze; December 25, 2010 at 03:43 AM.