Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: TROM2 - Bug reports

Default Re: TROM2 - Bug reports

Quote Originally Posted by [YG] LordKorda View Post
    My game crashes spontaneously (yet almost reliably) after I play one battle on the campaign map. I can either get through the battle and it crashes upon going back to the map, or it crashes near the end of the battle itself. I also have problems seeing the non-textured brown units, skins conflicting somewhere thus negating all unit skins in a particular battle, this happens primarily with France v Russia or France v Prussia, this is not technically repeatable but is frequent. Might have to do with units present in said battles. Otherwise, the game is flawless, love it!

EDIT: I used to have several smaller mods installed, as well as Order of War, but I have removed all traces of all of these. I don't know why TROM2 would remain unstable. I have tried reinstalling this mod with no headway. I also have not been playing on old saves, but TROM2 saves. I have only played as France in the TROM2 campaign, but I predict that these problems are all-inclusive and will happen for me in other factions.
    Hm, never encountered that problem. If it's not repeatable then it may be a graphical hardware/driver related issue. But then you should have problems with other mods too. So, tehre still might be a mod conflicing with TROM2. I would remove all suspicious files in the data directory, then validate the game with steam and install TROM2 again.

After building Military Drill school in Prussia Captital(Berlin) all units in recruitment slot disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVaynard View Post
    After building Military Drill school in Prussia Captital(Berlin) all units in recruitment slot disappeared.
    Do you have other mods installed?

No, just trom2. Does it ever happen to anyone before? I will make a clean install again and see if that solve the problem.

I have released a hotfix for two scripts in 1.9 in the download thread. Please download and overwrite the scripts in the campaign directory with the new ones. This fixes the endless gaining of experience for the French units in the europe story campaign and fixes the enabling of guerilla in the TROM2 custom campaign when a Spanish province gets conquered.
    Last edited by Yarkis de Bodemloze; November 20, 2010 at 12:35 PM.

blbrotto's Avatar Libertus

Hi Mister Yarkis.

I started a 1.9 campaing today, and I noticed that all the map is visible (without the fog of war).

Is it intentional? If so, how could I turn "fog of war" on again?

Anyway, thanks for the mod, you're doing a great work here.

Quote Originally Posted by blbrotto View Post
    Hi Mister Yarkis.

I started a 1.9 campaing today, and I noticed that all the map is visible (without the fog of war).

Is it intentional? If so, how could I turn "fog of war" on again?

Anyway, thanks for the mod, you're doing a great work here.
    If you just downloaded the script hotfix please redownload. I forgot to remove my "god's eye".

Hello Yarkis,

I don't seem to be able to recruit Attack Column Fusiliers anywhere except Rheims. Paris can produce normal fusiliers and guard, but no column. Is this an AOR thing or a bug?

Thanks mate, excellent mod, battles are magnificent!
    If you rep me, leave your name. I'll look more kindly on your future transgressions.

I had to split recruitment areas for France, otherwise you get a very crowded recruitment display, when you have fully upgraded your cities. France has now more then 50 units in France alone. The columns are only recruitable in the provinces outside Paris. Here is a list of where to find what:

Paris: some basic units plus many guards
    French provinces: basic units and veteran units
    Belgium: basic units + foreign units + some late guards
    Marseille: basic units + swiss units

Ahh, ok, that makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.
    If you rep me, leave your name. I'll look more kindly on your future transgressions.

Congratulations on your mod that improves considerably battle AI.

I found a possible bug in the naval batalls are resolved automatically. The problem is that even when they occur Casualities, the end result is that the navy is always intact.

Sorry for my bad English.

I don't think anybody else has reported this one....

Playing as Denmark. In late January 1805 two strange figures just appear and remain.

1. A Brigadier Wilhelm Ronning, alone, no troops, east of Christiana, Norway. Click on the figure, it says GB (at War). I'm not at War with anyone let alone GB. You can attack the interloper but cannot institute a battle with him. He just moves around. He's totally harmless, but nonetheless a bug.

2. Vilhelm Nielson, appears south of Copenhagen. Again says GB (at War) when I'm not. Again harmless, but a bug.
    PussyWillow is the best distillation of the classic Tull formula, juxtaposing Anderson's gruff but expressive vocals and a strong, insistent melody bolstered by well-placed, crunchy guitar chords.

Quote Originally Posted by Pussywillow View Post
    I don't think anybody else has reported this one....

Playing as Denmark. In late January 1805 two strange figures just appear and remain.

1. A Brigadier Wilhelm Ronning, alone, no troops, east of Christiana, Norway. Click on the figure, it says GB (at War). I'm not at War with anyone let alone GB. You can attack the interloper but cannot institute a battle with him. He just moves around. He's totally harmless, but nonetheless a bug.

2. Vilhelm Nielson, appears south of Copenhagen. Again says GB (at War) when I'm not. Again harmless, but a bug.
    Do you have patch 1.91 installed?

Quote Originally Posted by Yarkis View Post
    Do you have patch 1.91 installed?
    Errr..............no.

I do now and yes, it fixed the spawns.

Thanks Yarkis
    PussyWillow is the best distillation of the classic Tull formula, juxtaposing Anderson's gruff but expressive vocals and a strong, insistent melody bolstered by well-placed, crunchy guitar chords.

Some trouble traits.

For some reason my Napoleon got the "inbred" trait...I mean what the hell?

Also, Marshal Ney doesn't have the guarded trait, so the Ottoman Empire is constantly assassinating him. Napoleon too, he also doesn't not have the trait.

Yes, there is something wrong. Your Napoleon also misses the general of the grand armee trait. He als should have the guarded trait right from the start, because I added it to the startposition files. I just checked both campaigns and I don't get this error. What is with your other generals?

Hi, i have one problem with patch 1.91, two french units - Guard Chasseurs á Cheval and Empress Dragoons are placeholders now, without UI cards.. In 1.90 version its ok, in 1.91 wrong. I dont use any other mods. Thx and sorry for my bad english.

Quote Originally Posted by Forestman View Post
    Hi, i have one problem with patch 1.91, two french units - Guard Chasseurs á Cheval and Empress Dragoons are placeholders now, without UI cards.. In 1.90 version its ok, in 1.91 wrong. I dont use any other mods. Thx and sorry for my bad english.
    Just checked and can't find a problem with custom battles and new campaigns. Maybe it only happens with savegames before 1.91.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarkis View Post
    Just checked and can't find a problem with custom battles and new campaigns. Maybe it only happens with savegames before 1.91.
    No, i dont use savegame. Problem is in skirmish battle and also in trom campaign. If i deactive trom2_patch_1_91.pack in Mod Manager and start game only with trom2_core and trom2_enable_campaigns activated - all is okay. If is all activated, bug is here. I have all official DLCs and only your mod. Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by Forestman View Post
    No, i dont use savegame. Problem is in skirmish battle and also in trom campaign. If i deactive trom2_patch_1_91.pack in Mod Manager and start game only with trom2_core and trom2_enable_campaigns activated - all is okay. If is all activated, bug is here. I have all official DLCs and only your mod. Thx.
    Ok, I was able to recreate the bug. It happens if trom2_patch_1_91.pack is loaded before trom2_core.pack. If you use the mod manager move the file up until it is above the core pack in the mod list (same in the user script). Then the error should be gone.