Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: TROM2 - Bug reports

Default Re: TROM2 - Bug reports

Disable and remove trom2_enable_campaigns_01.pack if you still have it. Random crashes usually point to a hardware problems. You may want to get help in the NTW technical help forum here. The all-white uniforms are caused by a lack of resources of your graphic card. Read about it in the installation thread (last topic).

hippacrocafish's Avatar Campidoctor

The Ottoman Empire in the 1812 campaign doesn't have a leader portrait. It Shows Napoleon as their leader on the faction selection screen, but on the diplomatic negotiations screen they have no picture.

Quote Originally Posted by hippacrocafish View Post
    The Ottoman Empire in the 1812 campaign doesn't have a leader portrait. It Shows Napoleon as their leader on the faction selection screen, but on the diplomatic negotiations screen they have no picture.
    Check your installation, because I have none of these problems. You should see Mahmud II who was the successor of Selim.

moin Yarkis,
    habe gerade mir der 1812 campaign angefangen. die 1805 save games habe ich schon alle gelöscht. sollte es wieder zu abstürzen kommen schicke ich dir die datei.
    bis denne heinacgg

Quote Originally Posted by Yarkis View Post
    Disable and remove trom2_enable_campaigns_01.pack if you still have it. Random crashes usually point to a hardware problems. You may want to get help in the NTW technical help forum here. The all-white uniforms are caused by a lack of resources of your graphic card. Read about it in the installation thread (last topic).
    Thank you. Seems like the "insufficient memory"-solution solved the problems I was having.

mattebubben's Avatar Senator

Corrupted saves maby 2 Corrupted saves every 10 turns mostly on the Autosaves i just had a very hard naval battle against Nelson forgot to save after it CTD on turn end and the Autosave was Corrupted so now i have to Replay the battle =( ive had alot of Corrupted saves in Different Factions and with both the Campaigns its Annoying to not be able to Trust the Auto Saves =(

My games crash in some battles actutally in longest and crowded ones this happened in both campaigns and simply ruined my gameplay.I mean imagine you are making a important battle outnumbered on hard and you are winning then buum napoleon stopped working thats annoying yesterday I closed this game because of that today happened again !!!

Still I want to play this mod but I know that if I make another battle same things happen again this bug is simply wasting your great mod and has to be solved...

I am using lastest version of Trom on patched Napoleon Total War these errors happen while I am playing as Ottomans.

Quote Originally Posted by fizy45 View Post
    My games crash in some battles actutally in longest and crowded ones this happened in both campaigns and simply ruined my gameplay.I mean imagine you are making a important battle outnumbered on hard and you are winning then buum napoleon stopped working thats annoying yesterday I closed this game because of that today happened again !!!

Still I want to play this mod but I know that if I make another battle same things happen again this bug is simply wasting your great mod and has to be solved...

I am using lastest version of Trom on patched Napoleon Total War these errors happen while I am playing as Ottomans.
    I can only solve bugs that are repeatable. If you have a battle that always crashes then zip the savegame and post it here, so I can look into it. I played the Ottomans before and had no crashes. Try to tone down your graphic settings or otherwise improve game performance if to many soldiers in one battle cause the crashes.
    Last edited by Yarkis de Bodemloze; March 06, 2011 at 12:42 AM.

I will try same battle and see if there is any crashes then send you the savegame by the way I had no problems with graphic settings game runs very smooth but I keep that in mind.

I opened a topic about this subject later a saw this thread you can close it sorry for that...

When right-clicking on the "Military Academy" building in the Research & Technology panel I get a CTD. Drill school and Staff College are OK. Removed TROM2 ( and I mean completely removed i.e. cleared fx_cache, removed entries from user_script etc...) the CTD is gone. Playing as France, Napoleon's European Campaign, TROM version - 2.3.
    Yarkis, can you confirm that bug? Or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by Trader01 View Post
    When right-clicking on the "Military Academy" building in the Research & Technology panel I get a CTD. Drill school and Staff College are OK. Removed TROM2 ( and I mean completely removed i.e. cleared fx_cache, removed entries from user_script etc...) the CTD is gone. Playing as France, Napoleon's European Campaign, TROM version - 2.3.
    Yarkis, can you confirm that bug? Or is it just me?
    No, it's not just you. I will investigate this. Thanks for the report.

EDIT: I found the problem and fixed it.
    Last edited by Yarkis de Bodemloze; March 07, 2011 at 10:46 AM.

Good to hear. So, what was the problem? I'm asking just out of curiosity. Are you going to release it as stand-alone fix or include it in a new version of TROM?

One of the new AI only AOR units had an entry missing. It won't affect the game in any other way, since the unit is not recruitable in 2.3., but it's still in the buidling list and therfore can cause the crash. I plan to release a maintenance update for the whole mod (v2.31). No new stuff, just a collection of fixes and small changes.

Again the new company?? No, I will not endure it! I am very grateful for your work! And each updating I meet with pleasure, but again to begin the company??? Mi Ney and Davu have got tired to storm Tirol in the 100-th time! (A joke!)
    Last edited by yantar007; March 09, 2011 at 11:09 AM.

I am sorry to trouble you with this little thing , but since you maybe planning on a hotfix perhaps you could adress some of the campaign's starting units numbers and references...like some light infantry units refered as "regiment of foot" (look at france campaign starting armies for example ),while the new recruited light infantry are correctly refered as "light foot".

Also some units are incorrectly named when recruited , for example : voltigueurs massed formations goes with "regiment of foot" instead of "light foot", granadiers a cheval are refered as "heavy horse" instead of "horse guards", some regions with the heavy dragoons are refering as "heavy horse" and some others as "regiment of dragoons" ..

I know we can rename the units easily but if you rename a unit on its unit card it will break the sucession numbers forcing you to rename every new unit from that point...
    As you constantly loose units in battles it is easy to loose the track of your units if you keep renaming them

I have no acess to the game until the holiday is over (its Brasilian Carnival right now )
    but by this weekend I can make a list of these misreferences in starting units in TROM's campaigns if it helps

PS: I adressed some issues with skirmisher units doing the "chair dance" when under fire in another thread ( http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=413106 ), as I did not wish to throw posts all over this subforum. I will try to remember to save replays after battles when this happen again and atach here by the weekend.

Great mod always ... sorry to complain about such small things as you had put so many efforts on this..addicting..masterpiece of mod, that is taking me some precious hours of life

Quote Originally Posted by Charbel View Post
    I am sorry to trouble you with this little thing , but since you maybe planning on a hotfix perhaps you could adress some of the campaign's starting units numbers and references...like some light infantry units refered as "regiment of foot" (look at france campaign starting armies for example ),while the new recruited light infantry are correctly refered as "light foot".

Also some units are incorrectly named when recruited , for example : voltigueurs massed formations goes with "regiment of foot" instead of "light foot", granadiers a cheval are refered as "heavy horse" instead of "horse guards", some regions with the heavy dragoons are refering as "heavy horse" and some others as "regiment of dragoons" ..

I know we can rename the units easily but if you rename a unit on its unit card it will break the sucession numbers forcing you to rename every new unit from that point...
    As you constantly loose units in battles it is easy to loose the track of your units if you keep renaming them

I have no acess to the game until the holiday is over (its Brasilian Carnival right now )
    but by this weekend I can make a list of these misreferences in starting units in TROM's campaigns if it helps

PS: I adressed some issues with skirmisher units doing the "chair dance" when under fire in another thread ( http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=413106 ), as I did not wish to throw posts all over this subforum. I will try to remember to save replays after battles when this happen again and atach here by the weekend.

Great mod always ... sorry to complain about such small things as you had put so many efforts on this..addicting..masterpiece of mod, that is taking me some precious hours of life
    I had to move some classes around to improve the BAI behaviour with certain unit types. That's why I had to change the description of some of the classes. The massed voltigeurs for example are in the line infantry class to make them fight alongside the line units and attack columns. Horse guards was reneamed to heavy horse, because the heavy dragoosn are also in that class. And so on. I don't think there is a better solution then to rename the units yourself.

hmmm sorry, no idea it had an implication on gameplay,

I was thinking that it was a leftove from vanilla starting units

Attempting to get the 1812 campaign to load, but I am having trouble. Here is my script...

mod "trom2_easier_economy_submod.pack";
    mod "trom2_enable_campaigns_01.pack";
    mod "trom2_enable_1812_campaign.pack";
    mod "trom2_extras.pack";
    mod "trom2_core.pack";
    mod "trom2_patch_1_91.pack";

Could someone post what it should look like to get the 1812 campaign to load...thank you in advance for helping me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

BTW- I have already tried having both mod "trom2_core.pack"; at the top and bottom....thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Xmecial View Post
    Attempting to get the 1812 campaign to load, but I am having trouble. Here is my script...

mod "trom2_easier_economy_submod.pack";
    mod "trom2_enable_campaigns_01.pack";
    mod "trom2_enable_1812_campaign.pack";
    mod "trom2_extras.pack";
    mod "trom2_core.pack";
    mod "trom2_patch_1_91.pack";

Could someone post what it should look like to get the 1812 campaign to load...thank you in advance for helping me.
    Remove trom2_enable_campaigns_01.pack and trom2_patch_1_91.pack. Thse are earlier version files and obsolete.