Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: TROM2 - Bug reports

Default TROM2 - Bug reports

Report any issues with the current version of TROM2 here.

Sol Invictus's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: TROM2 - Bug reports

Game is very stable with no crashes after about four hours of play as France in the Campaigns of Napoleon scenario. The only bug I ran into was when I tried to sell technology to Norway I had the option to sell all of the national Techs that each faction starts with as well as the ones I had researched. I didn't try to sell a tech that I didn't have but was able to sell one that I had researched. That was the only Faction where that happened.

The casualties sure do seem to mount up very fast in battles. Did you increase the casualty rate? I am using High setting for battles and the units burn down faster than in the previous version.

For some reason, carbine equipped calvary cannot fire whilst moving, they must stop and hold position before firing making them almost useless as mounted gunners...
    Didn't they fix this back in ETW?

(Note, pistol equipped calvary seem to be able to fire while moving)

after having played a couple ship battles on my french vh-campaign, it seems that admirals are invincible.

in an encounter between my admiral villeneuve and the british admiral, he was called something like clarke, both died and his flagship surrendered in the end. but afterwards i still had my admiral alive and the british flagship retreated with the living british admiral on it.
    on a second encounter with a swedish fleet nearly the same thing happened, every ship either surrendered or was sunk but the surrendered admirals flagship retreated after the battle.

and another, not really important thing: napoleons balloon seems to be missing on the battle map.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltflak View Post
    For some reason, carbine equipped calvary cannot fire whilst moving, they must stop and hold position before firing making them almost useless as mounted gunners...
    Didn't they fix this back in ETW?

(Note, pistol equipped calvary seem to be able to fire while moving)
    Actually I removed this for historical reasons. Units shooting on the run with carbines is too far of the reality I think.

Quote Originally Posted by iCore View Post
    after having played a couple ship battles on my french vh-campaign, it seems that admirals are invincible.

in an encounter between my admiral villeneuve and the british admiral, he was called something like clarke, both died and his flagship surrendered in the end. but afterwards i still had my admiral alive and the british flagship retreated with the living british admiral on it.
    on a second encounter with a swedish fleet nearly the same thing happened, every ship either surrendered or was sunk but the surrendered admirals flagship retreated after the battle.

and another, not really important thing: napoleons balloon seems to be missing on the battle map.
    Strange indeed, but I don't know how our mod should cause this. There is nothing we changed concerning admirals. Anybody else with this issue?

I will have a look at Naopleons balloon. Which campaign do you play?
    Last edited by Yarkis de Bodemloze; September 25, 2010 at 08:51 AM.

i am playing as france in the custom trom2 campaigns on very hard.

one of the other mods i am using couldn't cause that issue (bsm + fx and no trails, grassmod, music mod, sound mod) but maybe there is a conflict with some other gameplay mods i tried recently and deinstalled. perhaps there was something left from those. if no one else is having invincible admirals i will reinstall napoleon and report my findings.

i am playing as france in the custom trom2 campaigns on very hard.

one of the other mods i am using couldn't cause that issue (bsm + fx and no trails, grassmod, music mod, sound mod) but maybe there is a conflict with some other gameplay mods i tried recently and deinstalled. perhaps there was something left from those. if no one else is having invincible admirals i will reinstall napoleon and report my findings.
    I tested it and there is indeed an issue with Villeneuve coming back from the dead. Autoresolve is not affected, but when he is killed in manual battle and his ship surrenders, he miraculously survives. I lost him finally when he died and the ship was captured. Don't know what happens if his ship sinks or blows up. I guess then he is also gone but 122-gun ships don't sink so easy.

I am interested in more reports about admirals coming back from the dead. Please report them with names, faction and campaign played. For now I suggest a house rule: If an admiral died and his ship surrendered either don't mind () or scuttle his ship manually after the battle.

Default Re: TROM2 - Bug reports Game Crashes on startup

Installed the mod as direct, game begins then sudden crashes any thought?

Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor_Tellos View Post
    Installed the mod as direct, game begins then sudden crashes any thought?
    The typical culprits like any other mod installed previously? When does it crash exactly? When starting the game or when starting a campaign? If it is the latter then the TROM2 esf files are not at the right place.

Ok reinstalled the vanilla data into the file, can get to the menu, but when I try to start the trom2 campaign it crashes, any thoughts?

Btw, where is the esf folder in the data folder?

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/SUPERU%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.png[/IMG]
    Last edited by SgtMajor_Tellos; October 03, 2010 at 01:20 PM.

You need to overwrite the vanilla campaign folder with the campaign folder in the TROM2 7zip file. Don't worry, there is zip file with all vanilla campaign files as backup also. Then it should work.

Ok, now it works, thanks a lot!

after playing my french (very hard) campaign for 2,5 ingame years i noticed the british being quite inactive, just as the spanish are. they once invaded and occupied corsica, but were thrown out by rebels. in the beginning i had some naval skirmishes with them and destroyed or captured most of their ships. but now they do not seem to do anything, no further invasions, no rebuilt fleets, only 2 tiny fleets floating around and sporadically blocking spanish ports.
    it even seems they are not building any ships at all.
    in opposition russia and austria give me a hard time and constantly clash with my protectorates italy, bavaria and my supporting armies with well filled and composed stacks of troops.

so i suggest that the ai controlled britain has the same issue as spain.

also in addition to the invincible admirals: it seems that every admiral is afflicted with that problem.

I have found the reason for both issues and have fixed it for the next version.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarkis View Post
    I have found the reason for both issues and have fixed it for the next version.
    When? Only approximately!

Any more I do not wish to play 1,71 and I wait the following! Only test better! Again not to begin in a week!
    Last edited by yantar007; October 07, 2010 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yantar007 View Post
    Any more I do not wish to play 1,71 and I wait the following! Only test better! Again not to begin in a week!
    And thanks are final!

another thing i noticed on my french VH-campaign is the biggest first rate in the game, the spanish one, being under british control. i do not know if it was captured by the ai (unlikely because the campaign started just a couple rounds ago), but it was commanded by an admiral (burke?). nelson yet has to reveal himself on the map in the end of the year 1807. propably he is not in the starting navy of ai-britain.

another thing i noticed on my french VH-campaign is the biggest first rate in the game, the spanish one, being under british control. i do not know if it was captured by the ai (unlikely because the campaign started just a couple rounds ago), but it was commanded by an admiral (burke?). nelson yet has to reveal himself on the map in the end of the year 1807. propably he is not in the starting navy of ai-britain.
    Maybe Nelson was killed or occupied a trade node. The spanish first rate was captured. There is no other way it can show up in a British fleet. The naval combat in the first rounds is quite intense and all kind of stuff can happen. I never noticed a bug in my testgames without fog of war.

That's probably how it happened. Before playing as the Ottomans (before Ottoman TROM) I was able to capture H.M.S. and the Nuestra Senora de la Santisima Trinidad in the same battle. I assume the British took it because when I caught Nelson on a trade node, Victory only had 22 operational cannons left. Though I dare say, for some reason those weakened ships were very flameable...A second first rate i was trying to capture caught fire from just being boarded...didn't even know that could happen. And another caught fire from just grapeshot. Lost a lot of good prizes in the battle, but I still got Victory in Santisima Trinidad in the end.

Though I do wonder, if the British do capture Nuestra Senora de la Santisima Trinidad, can the Spanish build another?

Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast