Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: TROM2 - Feedback and Suggestions

Default Re: TROM2 - Feedback and Suggestions

I can't get the easier economy mod to work. I have been using the script and the mod manager a lot of times before with empire total war. But the upkeep stays the same no matter what. The economy is stays the same if I remove the file or I keep the file in the script. So... Could you please give me another answer then the one in the installation file ? I can read you know..

If you installed it correctly in the right load order then I have no idea why it shouldn't work. When I start Austria in the custom campaign I have -41 income without and 301 income with the submod.

I'm planning on doing a Navel film next, is there anyway I can easily alter the moral of ships so they will more likely fight till they sink?

Quote Originally Posted by Ltflak View Post
    I'm planning on doing a Navel film next, is there anyway I can easily alter the moral of ships so they will more likely fight till they sink?
    Her is a pack for you. You have to enable it with the modmanager or directly in the user script. It has to be above trom2_core.pack. It shifts the ship moral scale by 10 points upwards (ship_morale_base = 10 instead of 0). Hope that helps.

yarkis, have you maybe thought of reconsidering the amount/balance of ships owned by the british, the french and the spanish in the campaigns?
    unfortunately at the moment beating the franco-spanish fleet as britain even on very hard is quite simple. two first rates, two second rates and 4 or 5 smaller ships on the (player) british side make it really relaxing to gain naval supremacy against napoleon. the french fleet has one first rate and some third rates, but nothing to compete with britain. historically the french and spanish had ~ one fourth of ships more than britain in the battle of trafalgar - 44 to 33 ships in total. can you maybe give the french and spanish approximately the same amount of ships the british have on the map, maybe more (two thirds to the french, one third to the spanish)?

another question: is it possible to link the amount of the nations' starting troops/ships to the campaign difficulty settings?

is it maybe possible to create a script for the french after defeating some small or coalition countries to gain their (or a predetermined amount of) ships? after trafalgar this was the biggest fear of the british - napoleon gaining control over the navy of defeated nations and again challenging the royal navy.

Quote Originally Posted by iCore View Post
    yarkis, have you maybe thought of reconsidering the amount/balance of ships owned by the british, the french and the spanish in the campaigns?
    unfortunately at the moment beating the franco-spanish fleet as britain even on very hard is quite simple. two first rates, two second rates and 4 or 5 smaller ships on the (player) british side make it really relaxing to gain naval supremacy against napoleon. the french fleet has one first rate and some third rates, but nothing to compete with britain. historically the french and spanish had ~ one fourth of ships more than britain in the battle of trafalgar - 44 to 33 ships in total. can you maybe give the french and spanish approximately the same amount of ships the british have on the map, maybe more (two thirds to the french, one third to the spanish)?

another question: is it possible to link the amount of the nations' starting troops/ships to the campaign difficulty settings?

is it maybe possible to create a script for the french after defeating some small or coalition countries to gain their (or a predetermined amount of) ships? after trafalgar this was the biggest fear of the british - napoleon gaining control over the navy of defeated nations and again challenging the royal navy.
    According to what I know the British had at least as much ships of the line then Spain and France combined (and their quality was far better). But gameplay wise it may be a good idea to give the Spanish and French some extra ships when you play Britain (and only then). I already gave the British CAI more ships in 1.8 so they have chance to rule the seas.

I could give both the British and the French some ships of the line when they conquer Denmark as the first nation. But I have to test for possible bugs first (don't know what happens when I spawn ships into a port that is occupied). Any other nation at your mind (Portugal?)?

It is possible (by scripting) to add additional units according to difficulty. However, I don't intend to do it (too much work). As it is now, higher difficulty in TROM2 only changes the aggressiveness of the AI without influencing other factors.

I yet again ask for adding units to Custom battles.
    Add Irish Legion and Mamaluke Guard for the French. You can get rid of the Prussian light infantry for the french, they suck and look bad...
    For the British, can you add the Scot Grey's and Brunswick Infantry? You can get rid of one of the redundant rifle units (not the 95th)

Quote Originally Posted by Ltflak View Post
    I yet again ask for adding units to Custom battles.
    Add Irish Legion and Mamaluke Guard for the French. You can get rid of the Prussian light infantry for the french, they suck and look bad...
    For the British, can you add the Scot Grey's and Brunswick Infantry? You can get rid of one of the redundant rifle units (not the 95th)
    As you wish... But the Royal Scots should already be in (the new version ones).

TROM2 1.8 is released! Have fun and report any bugs so I can fix them asap.

Simply excellently! And as works new 1,8 with together The Battlefield Smoke Mod for TROM 1.71 ?

Yes, BSM will still work properly.

I uploaded a new version 1.81 because the new Ottoman technology was missing. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Sosobra's Avatar Domesticus

You sir, simple put are a badass.
    I find most people irritating
    SteamID:Sosobra

I love this mod. It really made this game playable. Thank you. Thank you so much

ibigscarymonster's Avatar Civis

Great mod!
    I noticed PDGuru created a mod that gives starting French units some experience to represent the previous battles they have fought prior to 1805. Seemed like a good idea, any thoughts on doing something similar?

Quote Originally Posted by ibigscarymonster View Post
    Great mod!
    I noticed PDGuru created a mod that gives starting French units some experience to represent the previous battles they have fought prior to 1805. Seemed like a good idea, any thoughts on doing something similar?
    Well, it's a bit of a balance problem. France is already rather strong with all the elite units it has. But I think about it.

Serenissima's Avatar Tiro

I don't know if this is done already, as I haven't reinstalled NTW yet, but what year does the campaign start in?

It'd be great and appropriate to see a 1789 or 1793 start to the grand campaign (and 'coalition' campaign), with the early wars of the French Revolution and all, rather than the game's default 1805 start, which is practically past a lot of the fun stuff!

Of course, if this is done already, then that's great too. ^_^
    Most Serene.

Well, for 1789 or 1793 you would need a totaly different campaign setup with new units...a lot of work like an expansion to the game. I may do a 1812 campaign in the style of the Peninsular campaign (all against France), but currently I am working on different stuff.

Serenissima's Avatar Tiro

I imagined all of the requisite units would have been available from the Napoleon campaign mode (the invasion of Italy, for example, and the Egyptian campaign). Maybe I'm wrong!
    Most Serene.

blbrotto's Avatar Libertus

Hi Mr Yarkis. First of all I would like to thank you for this mod, because I'm enjoying very much the economic changes that you did, it's really trying to simulate the difficulties that every nation had in that time, even more in an age of war.
    Anyway, I don't know if it's a problem only with me, and if not this should be read like a sugestion: Could you take off the recrution capability of buildings like the theater, for example? I mean, there is a problem with this because even when you have a barracks which gives you the option to recruit more veteran units, you are only able to recruit the unit with the less level, since you have another building that gives you the ability to recruit the unit in question. For example: In Paris I can only recruit fusiliers of line with no level, even with the barracks giving the option to recruit a 1+ veteran fusilier of line. And this is because of the fusilier recruit capability of the theater.
    I hope that you understand what I mean, and sorry about the english too...

Anyway, great job man, I'm looking forward for your upcoming versions!
    Last edited by blbrotto; October 20, 2010 at 11:28 PM.