Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: TROM2 - Feedback and Suggestions

Tancredii's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: TROM2 - Feedback and Suggestions

Excellent work gents. Have been away for a bit so unable to post in some time or play the game.

Anyhow was just thinking tha the wordy bits in the nation selection should be written either from the perspective of the faction concerned or be a little more neutral. Couldn't but help see the one for "England" being slanted and unusually vitriolic for you guys.

However apart from that I now need to spend a little time falling in love with Napolean and your wonderful mod again - keep up the good work - lets hope I am allowed some time to enjoy it!
    The British were completely beaten and the day was mine, but they did not know it and would not run.

Marshall Soult to Napolean - having been robbed of his victory at Albuera (May 1811)

Quote Originally Posted by Tancredii View Post
    Excellent work gents. Have been away for a bit so unable to post in some time or play the game.

Anyhow was just thinking tha the wordy bits in the nation selection should be written either from the perspective of the faction concerned or be a little more neutral. Couldn't but help see the one for "England" being slanted and unusually vitriolic for you guys.

However apart from that I now need to spend a little time falling in love with Napolean and your wonderful mod again - keep up the good work - lets hope I am allowed some time to enjoy it!
    Actually the one for England is vanilla stuff. And we all know that CA is a bit...biased.

Tancredii's Avatar Tiro

Then you have my complete and absolute apologies - did say I haven't been around for a bit!!
    The British were completely beaten and the day was mine, but they did not know it and would not run.

Marshall Soult to Napolean - having been robbed of his victory at Albuera (May 1811)

I am somewhat annoyed that the computer can fire artillery directly backwards (or at perfect 90 degree angles). This means that attacking artillery with calvery can result in heavy loses because they will take grapeshot everytime. Flanking is no good, you might as well charge from the front and save yourself some time. In Empire, the AI wasn't allowed to fire in this manner...so what changed in NTW?

They have a 360 degree reaction radius. Your own guns do the same btw. I see no reason why it shouldn't be possible.

edit: sorry, wrong topic!
    Last edited by iCore; October 07, 2010 at 11:15 AM.

Both problems are dealt with in 1.8.

The idea of changing victory conditions for most major factions was very nice. It keeps Coalition as a solid union through all campaign, but on the other hand it's kinda boring to play as coalition countries, it's Total War after-all... Feeling that you can be back-stabbed by AI after making wrong political decision very nice, so maybe ,Yarkis , you can make a separate version of esf campaign files with regions from neighboring factions added to vc?
    At the same time some countries are just sleeping until enemy (France as example) will cross their borders, not sure if it's AI's problems which'd be fixed soon, or victory conditions again. I suggest adding some regions from "the other side of the world" to vc, such as Paris for most coalition factions and their capitals for France and it's allies. Think it'll make ai to do more aggressive movements.

You can still play the original Campaigns of the Coalition if you disable the TROM2 campaign. The old campaigns still have the overlap of victory locations.

It'll disable TRoM missions doesn't it?
    Upd: Just checked vanilla vc, they look very odd from all points of view. Only GB's one is ok i think.
    Last edited by AirnetSnake; October 07, 2010 at 05:02 PM.

If you play the original campaigns you still have all the TROM2 features, even the additional starting units. The missions in the TROM2 custom campaign for Britain, Austria, Russia and Prussia are the original ones anyway. Only Spain and the Ottomans ahve new missions so far.

Is there anyway you could get navy units to react to cannonballs to resemble more like land battles? So say a marine gets hit by a cannonball, instead of clutching his gut and dropping dead, he would fly off the ship entirely. Or if a gun crewmen is near a cannon ball strike, he'll fall back (presuembly from splinters) but get back up and man the gun. Would this be possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Ltflak View Post
    Is there anyway you could get navy units to react to cannonballs to resemble more like land battles? So say a marine gets hit by a cannonball, instead of clutching his gut and dropping dead, he would fly off the ship entirely. Or if a gun crewmen is near a cannon ball strike, he'll fall back (presuembly from splinters) but get back up and man the gun. Would this be possible?
    No. This seems to be hardcoded for battles only.

Doesn't anyone else think that player's units are getting experience really too slow? I hate seeing full 2-3xp AI armies fighting my still newbie after 3-4 grand battles troops.

Oh and I've found a some kind recruitment-exp problem: In TRoM basic units can be build from all kinds buildings in cities, but when you level them you don't get ability to recruit more experienced units from a pool, despite having them in building description.
    Last edited by AirnetSnake; October 08, 2010 at 08:01 AM.

In future releases, will TROM2 add years to the turns. I'd like to see something that goes to 1820, at least.

I like your mod a lot I think I am a veteran total war player, but your economy system is rather brutal... As Russia I am having a hard time staying on the plus side, eventhough I havn't build any units, gone into any real wars (little with Ottoman) and constantly building for a better economy.. Trade and all that. But I am still only getting 4000 plus each round. And i have like 1 army... I have tried installing the easier economy mod, but I am not sure if it working.. How can I make sure if it is working ? Upkeep or ? Is it save compatible ? But this mod ! Like how the enemy sends full stacks in a very smart way. An how GB have taken different places in France

Quote Originally Posted by Vizze View Post
    I like your mod a lot I think I am a veteran total war player, but your economy system is rather brutal... As Russia I am having a hard time staying on the plus side, eventhough I havn't build any units, gone into any real wars (little with Ottoman) and constantly building for a better economy.. Trade and all that. But I am still only getting 4000 plus each round. And i have like 1 army... I have tried installing the easier economy mod, but I am not sure if it working.. How can I make sure if it is working ? Upkeep or ? Is it save compatible ? But this mod ! Like how the enemy sends full stacks in a very smart way. An how GB have taken different places in France
    4000+ is a lot of money, Playing as the Ottomans, I probably went 80 turns with just 1000+

WarnerVH's Avatar Miles

I play Russia alot and it is rather hard economy wise in the beginning. I have found on turn 1 of the game to complete the first senate mission and ally with prussia and then choose carefully your trade partners and then attempt to create more trade. Move you gents to a university and study economy based techs. Also in other turns build your farms and other "out of city" infrastructure. After a while you will have some income; but be warned in the beginning of the game Russia needs to choose it's wars carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by AirnetSnake View Post
    Oh and I've found a some kind recruitment-exp problem: In TRoM basic units can be build from all kinds buildings in cities, but when you level them you don't get ability to recruit more experienced units from a pool, despite having them in building description.
    If you can recruit a unit from multiple buildings sadly the lowest experience level is chosen. That's hardcoded.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    In future releases, will TROM2 add years to the turns. I'd like to see something that goes to 1820, at least.
    Good idea. In 1.8 the normal campaign will run until 1815, conquer the world until 1820.

Quote Originally Posted by Vizze View Post
    The easier economy mod can be enabled/disabled at any time. It lowers upkeep and some costs, so you should see more money in your balance sheet after installation. Make shure it is above trom2_core in the list.

1.8 will be released next weekend. Here are two new units for Austria:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Just a sidenote, playing as the Ottoman Empire, I've noticed that my ally France hasn't done ****. I've had to wipe out Russia, Austria and Prussia all on my lonesome. I find that my protectorates do a far better job assisting me then super-nations like France. You'd think they'd be more aggressive with the several massive armies it has protecting it's borders...