Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 363

Thread: TROM2 - Feedback and Suggestions

  1. #1

    Default TROM2 - Feedback and Suggestions

    Post your feedback and suggestions here.
    Last edited by Yarkis de Bodemloze; September 24, 2010 at 09:30 AM.

  2. #2
    Sol Invictus's Avatar Domesticus
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,262

    Default Re: TROM2 - Feedback and Suggestions

    Congratulations on the new forum! I had a dream last night that 1.7 would be released and I would play it tonight. I plan to hop on this as soon as I can. The changes and additions sound great.

  3. #3

    Default Re: TROM2 - Feedback and Suggestions

    right when i was wondering why trom2 isn't a hosted mod, it got its own forums. congratulations! but with the quality of your mod it was only a matter of time . installing 1.7 at the moment.

    thanks for making napoleon so much more enjoyable!

    ok, i've got one suggestion, after having added the ottomans, what about the danish? i would love to play as them.

  4. #4

    Default Re: TROM2 - Feedback and Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by iCore View Post
    right when i was wondering why trom2 isn't a hosted mod, it got its own forums. congratulations! but with the quality of your mod it was only a matter of time . installing 1.7 at the moment.

    thanks for making napoleon so much more enjoyable!

    ok, i've got one suggestion, after having added the ottomans, what about the danish? i would love to play as them.
    Sweden and Denmark are already in the list of major nations in 1.7. So, I guess, they will be playable one day...

  5. #5

    Default Re: TROM2 - Feedback and Suggestions

    I wonder, what was it that finally got TROM 2 it's own forum?

  6. #6

    Default Re: TROM2 - Feedback and Suggestions

    I applied for it, that's all...

    Btw regarding your request for unlimted funds in custom campaigns. I don't know how to mod the funds value. Best solution is to make a submod with zero custom battle unit costs. Can you do that by yourself?

  7. #7

    Default Re: TROM2 - Feedback and Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by Yarkis View Post
    I applied for it, that's all...

    Btw regarding your request for unlimted funds in custom campaigns. I don't know how to mod the funds value. Best solution is to make a submod with zero custom battle unit costs. Can you do that by yourself?
    No, my knowledge of modding is near zero, I couldn't even get your no kneeling submod to work, (I think because I don't use the mod manager, I use the script editer instead)

  8. #8

    Default Re: TROM2 - Feedback and Suggestions

    Prehaps after you make Sweden and Denmark playable, prehaps you can return to France and make a Post-Waterloo Campaign starting just after the Battle of Waterloo supposing that Napoleon wins the battle...
    I suppose the campaign objectives would be survival against the 7th Coalition (and prehaps trying to force Spain and Austria to go neutral) and prehaps reclaim the lost lands before a set date...prehaps the month Napoleon died historically.

  9. #9

    Default Re: TROM2 - Feedback and Suggestions

    Playing 1.7, I think there's something wrong and strange happening with the AI. In all my battles so far they have marched in nice lines towards my men, but when getting to fire range the AI troops just reform endlessly and fail to open fire. I never seen this behaviour before with this mod. The previous AI was quite good. Otherwise congratulations on the new forum and release!

    EDIT: I think it might be caused by the new and longer charge distances
    Last edited by Surveyor K; September 24, 2010 at 08:09 PM.

  10. #10

    Default Re: TROM2 - Feedback and Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by Surveyor K View Post
    Playing 1.7, I think there's something wrong and strange happening with the AI. In all my battles so far they have marched in nice lines towards my men, but when getting to fire range the AI troops just reform endlessly and fail to open fire. I never seen this behaviour before with this mod. The previous AI was quite good. Otherwise congratulations on the new forum and release!

    EDIT: I think it might be caused by the new and longer charge distances
    Ya battle AI became worse compared to 1.552.

  11. #11

    Default Re: TROM2 - Feedback and Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by Surveyor K View Post
    Playing 1.7, I think there's something wrong and strange happening with the AI. In all my battles so far they have marched in nice lines towards my men, but when getting to fire range the AI troops just reform endlessly and fail to open fire. I never seen this behaviour before with this mod. The previous AI was quite good. Otherwise congratulations on the new forum and release!

    EDIT: I think it might be caused by the new and longer charge distances
    Do you refer to custom battles or campaign battles? I noticed some odd behavior with the BAI on normal difficulty in custom battles, but not on hard amd in campaign battles. The AI would shift it's whole force to te left or right. Do you mean that?
    Last edited by Yarkis de Bodemloze; September 25, 2010 at 03:21 AM.

  12. #12

    Default Re: TROM2 - Feedback and Suggestions

    I noticed it in my prussian campaign and also tried some custom battles. I know that the total war AI isn't the best, but in the previous version it sometimes gave me a good fight.

  13. #13

    Default Re: TROM2 - Feedback and Suggestions

    First, I must say that the new TROM is beautifully put together -- the AOR system is even better, the new campaigns are fantastic, and you've put careful thought into the starting army dispositions and other details (for example, France finally starts with a decent reserve army in Paris, Gibraltar now begins with a fort, etc.). It's a very polished and professional piece of work!

    However -- and this is based only on a few battles in a H/H France campaign -- it doesn't really feel like TROM anymore. Units seem to rout much more quickly, cavalry are far more effective, battles are much shorter and, frankly, easier. I'm achieving casualty ratios of 1:5 and even 1:8 where I used to achieve 1:2 and 1:3 (these are in the opening battles capturing Tyrol and Venice). I also had some quirky BAI (units re-arranging themselves more than they used to), though I haven't played enough to be sure on that score.

    Is it possible to get closer to the older, longer TROM battles?

    Also, for some reason the new version seems to have broken/overwritten the Modified Deployment Zone mod (which uses a 'movie pack'), making all the battlefields much smaller than I like (i.e., back to vanilla battlefield sizes). I love the big battlefields of the Modified Deployment Zone -- any idea how to make them work with the new TROM?

    I don't mean to be negative -- the level of polish, improved AOR and new campaigns are beautifully implemented and surely point the way to the future of TROM, which remains the best N:TW mod if you ask me



  14. #14

    Default Re: TROM2 - Feedback and Suggestions

    Thanks all for the valuable feedback! I think I found at leat one reason for the shifting of units by the BAI on normal difficulty. Actually changes to some moral values seem to cause it. Please try the attached fixed trom2_core_pack and report back your findings. I also reverted some other changes to moral and fatigue which should bring back battles closer to 1.6. If you approve the changes I will release a fixed 1.71 as soon as possible.

    EDIT: Removed attachment
    Last edited by Yarkis de Bodemloze; September 26, 2010 at 03:03 AM.

  15. #15

    Default Re: TROM2 - Feedback and Suggestions

    Yeah somethings wrong with the moral, I just engaged melee milita Orta against some Grenzers, and they ran after a few seconds. The milita had greater numbers and the Grenzers didn't even shoot at them, infact the Grenzers were running away half the time, but retreating (not broken) light infantry was enough to strike fear into armed swordsman and send them running...

    Then suddenly, 60 of those Grenzers charged a building that had 200 Azzars and managed to rout one of my Azzar units...since when were Austian light infantry so awesome in melee combat?

    (also, I think Ottoman Milita should get a dracoian garrison bonus)

    Also, in Empire Total War, the 64lber gun had the best range of any cannon in the game, but for some reason the 18lber cannon has better range...is this right?

    And a final note, I'm not fond of my light infantry being forced into light infantry formation, at times, I prefer to have my light infantry in line formation...including rifleman.
    Last edited by Ltflak; September 25, 2010 at 04:42 PM.

  16. #16

    Default Re: TROM2 - Feedback and Suggestions

    Congratulations to the team for your work, and the videos, I hope your mod will still grow much

  17. #17

    Default Re: TROM2 - Feedback and Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by Ltflak View Post
    Yeah somethings wrong with the moral, I just engaged melee milita Orta against some Grenzers, and they ran after a few seconds. The milita had greater numbers and the Grenzers didn't even shoot at them, infact the Grenzers were running away half the time, but retreating (not broken) light infantry was enough to strike fear into armed swordsman and send them running...

    Then suddenly, 60 of those Grenzers charged a building that had 200 Azzars and managed to rout one of my Azzar units...since when were Austian light infantry so awesome in melee combat?

    (also, I think Ottoman Milita should get a dracoian garrison bonus)

    Also, in Empire Total War, the 64lber gun had the best range of any cannon in the game, but for some reason the 18lber cannon has better range...is this right?

    And a final note, I'm not fond of my light infantry being forced into light infantry formation, at times, I prefer to have my light infantry in line formation...including rifleman.
    Moral will be better with the 1.71 update. Azars are irregulars and weaker then Grenzers (Azars cost 530, Grenzers 700). You need to research the Nizam-i-Cedid light infantry to get an equal unit. The Militia will get the garrisson bonus, and the 64lber gun has the wrong projectile which I will fix (thx for spotting this). The normal range is 900 but don't expect to much from this gun because the reload time is very slow. The light infantry is not forced into skirmish formation, only the AI only units are (but Azars are irregulars and don't fight in lline formation).

    EDIT: I uploaded 1.71 that fixes some issues and should improve the battle experience. Enjoy!
    If you are one of the seven people who downloaded the test core pack, please redownload the whole 1.71 version, because there are additional changes in it.

    Here is a 1.71 trom2_core.pack only update if you don't want to download the whole mod again.
    Last edited by Yarkis de Bodemloze; September 26, 2010 at 04:11 AM.

  18. #18

    Default Re: TROM2 - Feedback and Suggestions

    One more small bug maybe only I have it but when I enter the game in main menu theres an empty button where "TROM Oriental campaign" should be , as well as while picking a nation to campaign with the top Oriental Campaign sign is empty . I am just comparing to your screen shots with the TROM Oriental sign.

  19. #19

    Default Re: TROM2 - Feedback and Suggestions

    Sounds like your trom2_text.pack is not working. You should check in custom battles if all the texts for the TROM2 special units (for the example for the Ottomans) all appear. If not some other textpack overrides the TROM2 one.

  20. #20
    nigelnire's Avatar Decanus
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Northern Ireland ,UK
    Posts
    564

    Default Re: TROM2 - Feedback and Suggestions

    I installed TROM last night and I just want to thank everyone involved in this mod. I’m delighted with how it plays. It seems to be based on realism especially with regards to projectiles and because of that the battles are much more realistic. At last someone has had the Vision to include the Famous Northern Irish Inniskilling Dragoons. No Napoleonic game would be complete without them.
    Please Please consider also including the 27th Inniskilling regiment of foot sometime.

    The piece here about their exploits at Waterloo is well worth reading. The Duke of Wellington said the Inniskillings saved the centre of the British line. In other words if it hadn’t been for the 27th Inniskillings Reg foot holding their ground the battle of Waterloo would probably have been lost.
    http://www.royalirishrangers.co.uk/ennis.html

    Battle honours

    http://www.inniskillingsmuseum.com/the-regiments-2/battle-honours/battle-honours-of-the-royal-inniskilling-fusiliers

    Well done everyone involved and I look forward to further updates.
    Last edited by nigelnire; September 28, 2010 at 06:17 PM.

Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •