Thread: [Submod] Battlefield Enhancement (mini-submod)

Morfans's Avatar Semisalis

Default [Submod] Battlefield Enhancement (mini-submod)

SV, would you be in favor of starting a sub-mod thread ?

That would give us the chance to contribute, although with small things, to the development of Chivalry II.

I would dare start with a tiny thing: the attached file fixes the terrain in the battle field, such that those poorly-modeled regions looking like asphalted areas are replaced with decent models & textures (eg short grass). It also smooths unrealistically steep hills in the battle field (strat map unaffected).

If must be copied onto SicilianVespers\data and requires:
    • the map.rwm of the relevant campaign to be deleted
    • SicilianVespers.cfg to be modified by adding

[io]
    file_first = true
    (Incidentally, note that the false-positive-free launcher does not seem to load the SicilianVespers.cfg)

It's been tested on several SV battles, plus in BC and other mods.

Your views ?

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Re: Sub-Mods

I suggest, that you wait on the next release. It'll give you a new base for submods.
    # Human impact has a name: Anthropocene # not just Global Warming but Global Disaster NASA # Deforestation # Plastic Emission # The Uninhabitable Earth # To The Savest Place On Earth # Back to cold (hot) war era? Support ICAN International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons # MIT study "Falsehoods Win" # Violence clearly starts with the word. Arbitrary propaganda is the tool of chauvinists (from anti-feminists to neo fascists/nazis) to spreading their lies which pave the way for actual violence. # "there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, Joseph Wirth. Wirth's comment is still valid, the Right is waiting on Day X. The populist New Right, achieving partially to be viewed as normal people, using democracy to destroy the same. If that wasn't enough, they support the destruction of the environment, the extinction of species, the annihilation of left still working nature. # While seeing the wide spread retardation, ignorance and incompetence on this website and if taking that as average, there is no future for our children, which tendentially wake up and presently try to get a voice. # The renaissance of fascism, partly in new livery, is in full run into a neo dark age, with present dystopia and/or strong tendency, on the entire world. People of the world, unite, against the Right! And no tolerance with the intolerants. # My Modding # The Witcher 3 - LFT (Gameplay Overhaul)

Thanks Morfans, there is nothing worse than those cliff battles...where you can't find a path to the enemy!

I would agree with DV,. It would be better to wait for the new version, for sub-mods that make changes to the edu, edb, modelsdb, etc... Unless you are good with porting over changes.

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)
    Chivalry I TW - The Original Medieval Total Conversion Mod (BI 1.6 Or RTW 1.5)
    Under the Patronage of Atterdag

Morfans's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by SicilianVespers View Post
    Thanks Morfans, there is nothing worse than those cliff battles...where you can't find a path to the enemy!
    And you don't want your glorious druzhinnik to shed their blood in a car parking, do you ?
    Beautiful units on a poorly designed vanilla terrain are truly depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by SicilianVespers View Post
    I would agree with DV,. It would be better to wait for the new version, for sub-mods that make changes to the edu, edb, modelsdb, etc... Unless you are good with porting over changes.
    Ok, it makes sense.
    Last edited by Morfans; September 22, 2010 at 04:24 PM.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Re: [Submod] Battlefield Enhancement (mini-submod)

It can't hurt to make new submod threads. I've edited the title and is sticky now.
    # Human impact has a name: Anthropocene # not just Global Warming but Global Disaster NASA # Deforestation # Plastic Emission # The Uninhabitable Earth # To The Savest Place On Earth # Back to cold (hot) war era? Support ICAN International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons # MIT study "Falsehoods Win" # Violence clearly starts with the word. Arbitrary propaganda is the tool of chauvinists (from anti-feminists to neo fascists/nazis) to spreading their lies which pave the way for actual violence. # "there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, Joseph Wirth. Wirth's comment is still valid, the Right is waiting on Day X. The populist New Right, achieving partially to be viewed as normal people, using democracy to destroy the same. If that wasn't enough, they support the destruction of the environment, the extinction of species, the annihilation of left still working nature. # While seeing the wide spread retardation, ignorance and incompetence on this website and if taking that as average, there is no future for our children, which tendentially wake up and presently try to get a voice. # The renaissance of fascism, partly in new livery, is in full run into a neo dark age, with present dystopia and/or strong tendency, on the entire world. People of the world, unite, against the Right! And no tolerance with the intolerants. # My Modding # The Witcher 3 - LFT (Gameplay Overhaul)

Consulo's Avatar Laurifer Invictus

So this thread is a bit dated, but for anyone who plays this and notices that there are huge cliffs in battles and what not, this does work for 3.3. It is not in the actual game as far as I can tell however. I'll continue checking, considering I've only had a chance for one battle, but it was way flatter, and that's the point of this mini-mod. If there are questions on install, I will try and flesh the install instructions out a little.

Enjoy!

Feel free to add me.

Anybody has this file?

What a pity.