Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big White Display Error for UI

Default Re: Big White Display Error for UI

I followed the instructions in the Display Readme and I got "Medieval II: Total War has encountered a fatal error and will close".

Then you did it wrong, or didn't need the fix in the first place. Undo what you did if need be...

I just want to start by saying that the mod looks great, however i keep getting the white UI hud for custom and campaign battles. i installed the UI folder just as instructed in the "Display Readme" and nothing. I even tried to make another Ui folder for the MTW2 main "Data" folder and still nothing. I need help.

You're on the right track. Just confirm that your main M2TW data folder contains the UI subfolder, which in turn contains the 3 .sd files I provide in the display folder, which is located in the expanded_americas3.3 folder.

Hi all,
    I encountered this problem too, and was able to figure it out, thanks to folks on this board. Here is what I did:

I went to the display/data/ui within the mod folder. There were 3 files:
    battle.sd
    shared.sd
    strategy.sd.
    (see Screenshot #1 - I made sure you could see the folder address in the title bar)

I went to data/ui folder of the main game. There were only 2 files there:
    shared.sd
    strategy.sd
    (see Screenshot #2 - again, note folder address in title bar)

I copied the file "battle.sd" from mod folder above to the main game folder.
    See screenshot #3; this is what your Medieval II Total War/data/ui folder should look like after the copy-and-paste.

Voila! The game works perfectly.
    (Thanks to all involved. Awesome mod is very awesome indeed! )

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12