Page 8 of 212 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358108 ... LastLast

Thread: Baron Samedi's Gameplay Enhancing Submods Compilation for TATW 3.1 // V5.0 RELEASED!!! //

michell's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Baron Samedi's Gameplay Enhancing Submods Compilation for TATW 2.1 // Version 1.0 RELEASED

Hi
    This is great idea, I like immortal Nazgul and Sauron in your One Ring sub mod. But I think, that human heroes like Boromir, Aragorn, Faramir and others should'nt be at the list, this make game unrealistic. People are mortal in real live, they are mortal in Middle Earth too. But this is only sugestion

Baron Samedi's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Baron Samedi's Gameplay Enhancing Submods Compilation for TATW 2.1 // Version 1.0 RELEASED

Quote Originally Posted by michell View Post
    Hi
    This is great idea, I like immortal Nazgul and Sauron in your One Ring sub mod. But I think, that human heroes like Boromir, Aragorn, Faramir and others should'nt be at the list, this make game unrealistic. People are mortal in real live, they are mortal in Middle Earth too. But this is only sugestion
    Please keep in mind that I am dealing with a broad community with different interests. That is why I present you the option to play with the stuff you personally like. If there are features you don't like just simply press that little decline button and have fun. Please understand this from my point of view!
    Under the patronage of MasterBigAb

Humakty's Avatar Tiro

Having a modular mod without the hassle is great, most changes cure well known flaws of base mod (my personnal opinion, anyway King Kong & co work is gorgeous !) => Bravo man !!
    Ten times more numerous, by night and backstabbing.

Senior member of the G.L.I.N..

W1Z21's Avatar Tiro

hey baron may i have permission to use parts of your mod to complete my mod (check out the preview)
    We all die, its just a matter of how.... and when
    -William Wallace

Sorry if it seems like a stupid question, but you cant save yr campaign at all with this mod? Does that mean everytime you load up yr campaign, everything will be reset? Sorry for newbish question, but i have no experience of mods outside SS..

W1Z21's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by avenging angel View Post
    Sorry if it seems like a stupid question, but you cant save yr campaign at all with this mod? Does that mean everytime you load up yr campaign, everything will be reset? Sorry for newbish question, but i have no experience of mods outside SS..
    you can save your game.. why couldnt you? lol
    -William Wallace

Siddyus's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Samedi View Post
    Yes if you lose your captial they won't respawn anymore. This also counts fro the A.I.
    If you play with Sauron and you managed to let him get killed he will also respawn. The A.I. doesn't play with Sauron. Otherwise you could never play a siege battle at Barad Dur.
    Okay, a few more questions, if you dont mind...

What if the capital is recaptured? will those heroes start respawning again?

And about Sauron (again), since I made him playable for the AI, will the AI search for the one ring? and if ever they got it, will the AI control Sauron to fight battles and conquer settlements? I am planning a nasty surprise for my mates once we start our hotseat rolling

I'll just tell my mates to do autoresolve battle when a besieging army or a city being sieged has Sauron in it.

W1Z21's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Sid Burn View Post

And about Sauron (again), since I made him playable for the AI, will the AI search for the one ring? and if ever they got it, will the AI control Sauron to fight battles and conquer settlements? I am planning a nasty surprise for my mates once we start our hotseat rolling

I'll just tell my mates to do autoresolve battle when a besieging army or a city being sieged has Sauron in it.
    well saruon dosent have any movement points and no they wont search for the ring unless you coded it so the send a nazgul there...
    -William Wallace

michell's Avatar Tiro

Please keep in mind that I am dealing with a broad community with different interests. That is why I present you the option to play with the stuff you personally like. If there are features you don't like just simply press that little decline button and have fun. Please understand this from my point of view!
    Surely I undestand your point of view. I mean rather, that heroes like Gandalf and Saruman (Maiars), elven heroes (immortal) should be respawned, but human heroes - no. And what about Aragorn who will "die peacefully"? He will respawn as well?

Surely I undestand your point of view. I mean rather, that heroes like Gandalf and Saruman (Maiars), elven heroes (immortal) should be respawned, but human heroes - no. And what about Aragorn who will "die peacefully"? He will respawn as well?
    With this logic, there should be respawnable only Gandalf and Saruman (maybe Glorfindel), but even elves are mortal. So you need separated immortal Maiar script, and immortal other heroes script, which is I think silly.

The current list is based on how important these characters are in the game, for instance: do they have a hero-ability, unique battle-model/strat-model/portrait, etc. If you wish do see other characters on the list or if you think certain character don't belong on the list, then let me know.
    Dáin II. Ironfoot. Definitely. If he is not hero, i dont know who is.
    Time is the killer.

good, but keep heroes script and nazgul script separated. pls don't mix them up

If them Nazguls are gonna respawn and cause havoc, I want my heroes to do the same. Never mind realistic, the PC AI has a better advantage as it is...anywho, my question is whether the updates are gonna be game-save compatible...oh wait...its script activated at the beginning...I'm answering my own questions aren't I...yes...

The Gentle Touch Of A Woman's Hand Can Soothe The Tempest Of A Man's Heart Especially If They Cook Something Tasty
    =========================================================

Baron Samedi's Avatar Citizen

I don't see any reason why you can't reload your saved games. There were some issues when you play with Total Recruitment that any constructed barracks didn't had any recruitment-pools after loading a saved game, but I fixed this with the V1.0 Bugfixer.

As I explained earlier holding your starting capital is a requirement if you want the heroes to respawn. So if you (or the A.I.) lost it and get it back, you will fulfill the requirement again and any dead heroes will respawn again. BUT be aware that if in the mean time you get new characters with the same names as the heroes (this is a possibility) nothing will happen.
    If you want the A.I. to unleash Sauron,you would have to script this. I have the ability to do this, but I choose not to do so, because when the A.I. use Sauron and sieges one of your settlements (off course A.I. vs A.I. won't give any problems) you would be forced to auto-resolve (and please don't ask to change Sauron to a normal general, because I am not interested in doing this, sorry )

I will keep the complete list and if anyone prefer that some characters won't respawn, I will give them instructions on how to change this. If anyone wants to do some tweaking for their own personal enjoyment, but don't know how to do it, you can always ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by Tatoru View Post
    With this logic, there should be respawnable only Gandalf and Saruman (maybe Glorfindel), but even elves are mortal. So you need separated immortal Maiar script, and immortal other heroes script, which is I think silly.

Dáin II. Ironfoot. Definitely. If he is not hero, i dont know who is.
    Dain it is!

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    good, but keep heroes script and nazgul script separated. pls don't mix them up
    No worries I don't break anything that is included already into this compilation unless there is a very good reason to do so. And the more options the player has, the better. So is this in the case more is always GOOD!

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by yobi_uk View Post
    If them Nazguls are gonna respawn and cause havoc, I want my heroes to do the same. Never mind realistic, the PC AI has a better advantage as it is...anywho, my question is whether the updates are gonna be game-save compatible...oh wait...its script activated at the beginning...I'm answering my own questions aren't I...yes...
    Yes changes to the campaign script always require a new started campaign.
    Last edited by Baron Samedi; October 01, 2010 at 06:15 PM.
    Under the patronage of MasterBigAb

Very cool additions! It does seem fair if playing with Immortal Nazgul to also have Immortal Heroes, that keeps the game exciting and sort of balanced imho. This will make it less likely for players to "baby" their heroes instead of putting them on the front line where they belong!

Any word on Germanicu5 sub-mod integration? His loot script specifically makes combat much more worthwhile in the early game and he has some other features to add a little spice into the mix of late game as well - trade investment etc. Looking forward to seeing it included.

Grats Baron, this is becoming THE must-have sub!!! WOOT!

W1Z21's Avatar Tiro

thanks for the permission baron ill start redoing my scripts and release this week sometime
    -William Wallace

As I explained earlier holding your starting capital is a requirement if you want the heroes to respawn. So if you (or the A.I.) lost it and get it back, you will fulfill the requirement again and any dead heroes will respawn again. BUT be aware that if in the mean time you get new characters with the same names as the heroes (this is a possibility) nothing will happen.
    If you want the A.I. to unleash Sauron,you would have to script this. I have the ability to do this, but I choose not to do so, because when the A.I. use Sauron and sieges one of your settlements (off course A.I. vs A.I. won't give any problems) you would be forced to auto-resolve (and please don't ask to change Sauron to a normal general, because I am not interested in doing this, sorry )
    Thanks for all the explanation mate. Hmm, perhaps I can learn how to script this? I have some knowledge when it comes to simple scripting, if you'll tell me how or if there is a good tutorial to aid me, I might be able to figure this out. Man, how I desire for my mates to crap their pants when they see Sauron rampaging around Middle Earth.

By not save-game compatible

he means that once you install this submod, you can't use savegames from earlier, meaning you have to start a new campaign. From then on, you can save as much as you like.

W1Z21's Avatar Tiro

Thanks for all the explanation mate. Hmm, perhaps I can learn how to script this? I have some knowledge when it comes to simple scripting, if you'll tell me how or if there is a good tutorial to aid me, I might be able to figure this out. Man, how I desire for my mates to crap their pants when they see Sauron rampaging around Middle Earth.
    im sure you can you just gotta mod his movement points.. also if you're gonna do that.. mine as well give frodo movement points too
    -William Wallace

Its actually a hidden trait that makes him immovable, I just need to remove that and its all good. However, I want the AI to go looking for the One ring too, for fun at least.
    Last edited by Siddyus; October 02, 2010 at 04:59 AM.

Fingon NL's Avatar Centenarius

I just had a crash when trying to load my autosave, I was playing Eriador that I converted into Arnor right away. Aragorn had the bug that his stratmap model became Frodo's as well btw.

Austosave added, maybe it's some use to you.

''Beneath the gold, bitter steel"